Tom Trabucco speaks to the TSP Center Seasonal Strategy

What's new at TSP Center as well as discussion of features that are due to launch shortly.

Moderator: Aitrus

TSPking
Site Admin

Tom Trabucco speaks to the TSP Center Seasonal Strategy

Post by TSPking »

Tom Trabucco, Director of External Affairs for the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board talks about the TSP Center Seasonal Strategy.

He offered some interesting insight I didn't consider, specifically the risk associated with the Seasonal Strategy's 100% IFT allocation model.

Its worth a listen...
TSPking

It's a gift...and a curse ~ Adrian Monk

bigredned

Re: Tom Trabucco speaks to the TSP Center Seasonal Strategy

Post by bigredned »

I sort of dislike how he slightly implies you are simply a guy who wants advertising revenue. I actually had to LOOK for the advertisements on your page after I read that, and there's two small Google Ads on the main page? Yeah... I'm sure you're just swimming in the money you get from those.

The 100% strategy is risky, of course, but without risk, comes no gain. If we were all completely terrified of risk, I think we'd all be sitting in the G fund our entire careers and wouldn't have came searching for this site in the first place. 8-)

I don't personally follow the Seasonal Strategy, but I do follow along with it to see how it peforms. It might not be perfect, no, but at least it's in the green. And only being in red 1 out of the past 21 years doesn't sound too bad to me.

What was he talking about saying the TSP uses data from 1925?

athuddrive

Post by athuddrive »

Personally, I think the reporting was shoddy. I have never (in my short time here) seen any strategy PUSHED by this site. Trabucco clearly hadn't researched the site but I give him credit for a cute limerick. :roll:

HMMM...does that mean he was pushing a trading strategy where you base investment changes on months that rhyme? BY GOSH, I figured out the hidden meaning...

I have a new web site to start, "Dead Poet Investment Strategic Services". D-PISS for short.

(Step away from the caffeine you say?)

bigredned

Post by bigredned »

athuddrive wrote:I have a new web site to start, "Dead Poet Investment Strategic Services". D-PISS for short.

:lol:

SgtWs

Post by SgtWs »

I listened. Sounds like he thinks we should buy and hold (pray).

The part that really disturbed me the most was that they referred to moving your account 6 times a year to the same as day trading.

I just wish we could take our money and go to TDAmeritrade...........

They won't give us that option because most people would.............

jeffvan1

Post by jeffvan1 »

Tom Trabucco, Director of External Affairs for the Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board

Which means that he is not a financial advisor!!!! I'm taking his comments for what their worth. Nothing !!!

SgtWs

Post by SgtWs »

I'm actually getting worried now. I never realized this is the rational of the people making decisions regarding TSP. :x

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

Impeach Trabuco.

athuddrive

Post by athuddrive »

OMG... I just figured out why Trabucco came out so hard on the Seasonal Strategy. I'm surprised that I am the only person to see the conspiracy.

Larry Summers left the administration on September 22nd! :shock: SOOO? You ask? That is...the last day of summer. Look what just happened Friday. PROOF that the Seasonal Strategy works!

Now, if the administration brings in anyone with the last name of Winters, that could be another clear signal that the administration is working on manipulation of the market through artificial seasonal changes until...until...we all believe in global warming. :P

DE DE DE DE DE DE DE DE...TWILIGHT ZONE!

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".