TSP Center is pleased to announce............

What's new at TSP Center as well as discussion of features that are due to launch shortly.

Moderator: Aitrus

Jahbulon

TSP Center is pleased to announce............

Post by Jahbulon »

TSP CENTER is pleased to announce that the site will now be posting, with permission, Kevin Marder's twice monthly Market Comments as featured on the The Gilmo Report.

Kevin N. Marder - Principal, Marder Investment Advisors Corp.

From 1990 to 1996, Mr. Marder was affiliated with Capital Management Sciences, where he developed quantitative risk control software for use by institutional fixed-income portfolio managers. In early 1996, Mr. Marder co-founded DBC Online, which became known as CBS MarketWatch, the most popular financial Internet site, his market comments broadcast over the CBS Radio Network several times daily. As markets editor for CBS MarketWatch, his Marder On The Market column was well-known in the investment community. In 1999, Online Investor magazine named Marder On The Market one of the Web's Top 25 Sources for Great Stock Ideas. In 2000, Forbes magazine mentioned Marder On The Market in its Best of the Web issue, calling it "smart commentary." In addition, Dow Jones Investment Advisor magazine termed Mr. Marder "a sophisticated analyst." During this period, Mr. Marder was the chief stock market columnist for the Internet sites of CBS News, America Online, USA Today, Yahoo, Excite, Quicken, CompuServe, the International Herald Tribune, the Honolulu Star-Bulletin, and the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune, among others.

In 2000, his registered investment advisory firm, Marder Investment Advisors Corp., began managing the investment accounts of wealthy individuals, trusts, and pensions. From 2002-2005, Mr. Marder served as the Chief Market Strategist at Ladenburg Thalmann Asset Management, the New York investment bank and brokerage firm founded in 1876, where he provided the firm's board of directors and institutional clients with advice and guidance in addition to his duties at Marder Investment Advisors. Mr. Marder has managed hedge funds since 2001.

Mr. Marder has been quoted by media sources such as the New York Times, Forbes, Barron's, the Financial Times, Institutional Investor, Los Angeles Times, CBS Radio Network, Chicago Tribune, Dallas Morning News, TheStreet.com, and KNX 1070 News Radio. He is a speaker at industry conferences such as the Los Angeles Times Investment Strategies Conference, the Las Vegas Money Show, and the International Trading Expo, where he addresses audiences of between 500 and 2500. Mr. Marder, who is a contributing author of the Prentice-Hall book "Computerized Trading," received his M.B.A. with honors in Investments from the University of Southern California. He is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma, the fraternity that honors academic achievement in the study of business.

Members will really benefit from his insight. Enjoy!

tspnoob

Re: TSP Center is pleased to announce............

Post by tspnoob »

Practicng what mostly technical, fundamental or evangelical?

Jahbulon

Post by Jahbulon »

He is really good. I think most will appreciate what he puts out.

Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Is his latest commentary available to us or will we have to wait for the next one he publishes?

Where will the commentary be posted?

Thanks,
Jerry.

Jahbulon

Post by Jahbulon »

His next commentary will be in about a week. His latest was on the 17th. I will try to get it up this weekend.

Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Last edited by Sarah on Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

tspnoob

Post by tspnoob »

I hope he's different. Technicals starting to sound all the same. Lower highs, higher lows, hi ho hi ho,hi ho hi ho, la la la la, hi ho hi ho. My problem is their predictions always lagging. Wait for this to cross this. Wait for breakout to confirm breakout. I mean wtf.

MLKMAN

Post by MLKMAN »

tspnoob wrote:I hope he's different. Technicals starting to sound all the same. Lower highs, higher lows, hi ho hi ho,hi ho hi ho, la la la la, hi ho hi ho. My problem is their predictions always lagging. Wait for this to cross this. Wait for breakout to confirm breakout. I mean wtf.

Wait for it................ :lol:
"We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations."

Jahbulon

Post by Jahbulon »

Sarah,

I really do not know if we will ever get Gil or not. I hope so. He is really good. He called a buy in silver in September and sold outright two days before the top, and he did it on Fox Business news. I was pretty impressed Knot to mention he was trading the AGQ, so he really racked up some gains.

fuzzduzz

Post by fuzzduzz »

I'm on the email list at Gil's website.... and received Kevin's commentary yesterday.. ( 07/25/2011 )....

Jahbulon

Post by Jahbulon »

I posted it below on the site. It should be at the top, butthe sticky on the top (this) posting has caused the site to go hay wire. I cannot fix it. I have requested TSPKing to step in and see if he can resolve.

rfalcan

Post by rfalcan »

These reports are very good - I think he deserves his own link like TSP news or Matt's TSP Blog and can serve as an archive. :shock:

TSPking
Site Admin

Post by TSPking »

rfalcan wrote:These reports are very good - I think he deserves his own link like TSP news or Matt's TSP Blog and can serve as an archive. :shock:

I agree. Currently working on this...
TSPking

It's a gift...and a curse ~ Adrian Monk

Fund Prices2024-03-27

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.14 0.01% 1.00%
F $19.09 0.26% -0.68%
C $82.11 0.87% 10.42%
S $82.19 1.48% 6.61%
I $42.68 0.56% 6.21%
L2065 $16.38 0.84% 8.36%
L2060 $16.38 0.84% 8.36%
L2055 $16.39 0.84% 8.36%
L2050 $32.73 0.71% 6.94%
L2045 $14.91 0.67% 6.56%
L2040 $54.37 0.63% 6.20%
L2035 $14.34 0.58% 5.77%
L2030 $47.66 0.53% 5.35%
L2025 $13.14 0.31% 3.40%
Linc $25.60 0.24% 2.79%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".