TSPView Being Revisited

What's new at TSP Center as well as discussion of features that are due to launch shortly.

Moderator: Aitrus

TSPking
Site Admin

TSPView Being Revisited

Post by TSPking »

I had worked on a small desktop application called TSPView a while ago (link, download disabled). The main feature (among others) was to extract data from TSP.gov summary PDF statements for easy importing into Quicken or QuickBooks. While the idea was cool, I didn't have the skills to pull it off properly and what I released was obviously not ready for primetime.

I work with a developer who has shown interest in revisiting this project. Trust me when I say this guy is as good as they come. Expect a professional class application designed specifically for TSP investors. The type of quality you'd expect from Adobe, Microsoft or other professional software shop.

So, if you have ideas for what this application should do, please post them here. We're beginning to define requirements now (he threw in the idea of 'Mint.com' integration).
TSPking

It's a gift...and a curse ~ Adrian Monk

jackyl33

Post by jackyl33 »

Cool, so does this mean that you aren't going to implement the optional real TSP account balance option into this site?

flight23

Post by flight23 »

Can any of the things I mentioned as potential improvements in that other thread be done using this?

TSPking
Site Admin

Post by TSPking »

jackyl33 wrote:Cool, so does this mean that you aren't going to implement the optional real TSP account balance option into this site?

No, I intend on doing this. Still mapping out how to implement it at this point...

flight23 wrote:Can any of the things I mentioned as potential improvements in that other thread be done using this?

It's possible. However, your ideas are not fogotten. I've got a lot going on right now including a possible new job.
TSPking

Tangleman

Re: TSPView Being Revisited

Post by Tangleman »

Hey everyone. I just joined, specifically to look for something like this TSPView, or a way to track my TSP fund in Quicken. I've seen a lot of people discussing TSP in Quicken by doing a Google search for it, but haven't really found any solutions yet. Which brings me to this TSPView. Is there any projected release date for it yet? Why has the download of the older version been disabled? I'm sure I will like the new one when it comes out, but I'd like at least something in the meantime.

Thanks! :D

TSPking
Site Admin

Post by TSPking »

The link to the older version has been disabled because there were problems with it functionaly. It served as a prototype and was not ready to be released.

We are working on an improved version which we hope to release before the end of the year.
TSPking

katmandu9

Post by katmandu9 »

New to TSPcenter, glad to see TSPview is being relooked at for further development. I like the baseline for PDF to QIF conversion but you may need to map in an OFX standard as well in your export functions as this RFC is going somewhere. If you are able to find how Mint.com is doing the data extraction then this may further facilitate any coding for future versions of Quicken that will integrate more from Mint code foundation.

Again, glad to hear you wish to rejuvenate development for this app and I look forward to beta.

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

Can you make it operate on a 24 hour basis? A problem I encounter is waiting for Yahoo to wake up in the morning and commence posting the I Fund, which changed when the Asian markets opened the night before. Also might be useful to follow the futures markets for the S, C, and I as indicators of possible IFTs. Are you looking for volunteers to back test this program before releasing to the community? BTW, King, work first on the new job. It all counts for retirement planning. The greater your pension the less you have to rely on the TSP for a financially secure retirement. And the less you have to touch your TSP the more interesting the possibilities of wealth inter-generation transfer. That is one of the more salient aspects of being born into wealth-- acquisition of money is not an issue. BTW did you read anywhere yet that the only people who can think about retiring are government workers because they have a defined pension plan? Interesting. What goes around, comes around.

seo68

Post by seo68 »

I am very much looking forward to a working TSPview. I am a brand new member who was attracted here by searching for a way to get my TSP data into Quicken since I haven't been doing so and manually entering ten years of data seems like a formidable task. Having an OFX/QFX output seems essential for getting investment data into Quicken, isn't it?

tomdell13

Post by tomdell13 »

Bump.

TSPking
Site Admin

Post by TSPking »

Sorry to say this project is dead. Just don't have the time to pursue this right now...
TSPking

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".