Option to reset FantasyTSP

Questions about FantasyTSP or suggestions for improvements should be directed here.

Moderator: Aitrus

TSP Navy

Option to reset FantasyTSP

Post by TSP Navy »

Wow, a lot of changes have happened here since I logged in last! Including my FantasyTSP account losing 20% :oops:

I have a suggestion I'd lik to see. I think it would be nice to give users the option of zeroing out their FantasyTSP account if they so wish. Reset the balance to 100,000 and clear out all previous allocations.

What do you think?
TSP Navy

Pro-Trader

Post by Pro-Trader »

My thoughts -- it's a good suggestion. Although I wouldn't probably use it since I basically use it as a basis for my actual TSP. However, if members want to reset and start a fresh, especially if they haven't been keeping up with the markets, I wouldn't have any problems with that. Although, members aren't suppose to have more than one account, if people really wanted to reset, they could just create a new account. Perhaps, the only issue would be to prevent RESETS from the YTD listing within 90 days of the reset. That would seem fair to me! If there are members who are against the suggestion, perhaps limiting RESET options only for the first of the year only (Jan 1st)!! Otherwise, members may want to reset every couple of months when their account is tanking! Just my 1.5 cents (inflation) opinions. 8)

Go Green!
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TSPking
Site Admin

Post by TSPking »

I like this idea. I have wondered if some members shy away from participating because their accounts have been hit by poor IFT decisions and a lousy market. Or someone my signup the day before the market drops 5%...

I'd much rather people start fresh then abandon an account to start a new one so we don't end up tracking accounts that no one is using.

I'm not too worried about this affect on the Leader Board. The Leader Board will eventually have an option to show YTD for for those active since Jan 1.

What do others think?
TSPking

It's a gift...and a curse ~ Adrian Monk

randyjb22

Post by randyjb22 »

I think it's a good idea, but just like Pro-Trader, my Fantasy TSP mirrors my actual TSP so...I don't believe I would ever reset mine...unless I run through that $100,000, then I would need a reset!!! :)

Dr Pain

Post by Dr Pain »

randyjb22 wrote:I think it's a good idea, but just like Pro-Trader, my Fantasy TSP mirrors my actual TSP so...I don't believe I would ever reset mine...unless I run through that $100,000, then I would need a reset!!! :)

How about a separate contest just to see who can bust out a 100k account fastest? No trade limits. :lol:
"Privatized profits and socialized losses"

Dr Pain 2008

ZME_ARTCC

Post by ZME_ARTCC »

You could call it a PUT account. Playing from the wrong side!
Maybe, have a special account designator to show that its a PUT account.
I'd play that game.
Thank You!

Pro-Trader

Post by Pro-Trader »

Wait a second... didn't we start that game last week? I thought I was winning!! :oops:

BTW: I'd play as well. :lol:

Go Green!
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TSPking
Site Admin

Post by TSPking »

Dr Pain wrote:How about a separate contest just to see who can bust out a 100k account fastest? No trade limits. :lol:

Damn thats funny. The first time I read it, I didn't actually think about doing it. But a second read made me think it actually would be cool :o

Funny thing is I had already setup a Leader Board for "Bottom Feaders" which is basically an inverse of the Leader Board. I pulled it down the second I put it up because after seeing it, I thought it wasn't cool to highlight people's accounts who were doing bad. But it would be perfect in this case.

We'll have to keep this in mind. I need the trade restrictions in place for October plus a few other things I've been thinking about done first.
TSPking

A Fed

Post by A Fed »

One other suggestion, what do you think about adding the ability to track your own account. Since the tools are already in place [within the coding] maybe add an additional feature could be added where you can put in your existing balance in addition to your fantasy balance [with an option to keep your real TSP balance private]. So for those who make the same allocates here [as in their own accounts] could track their personnel TSP easily, making this website even more useful.

RangerDave

Option to reset

Post by RangerDave »

I like A Fed's idea, and others too. Don't want it to get too confusing though. I'm new and still learning to navigate this site.
I respect the Leader Board because it is full of participants who have been in for most of this crazy year. These are participants whom we would have on our watch lists. I would not be interested in learning from individuals who lucked out and made a quick gain which lept them to the Leader Board, soon after they reset. The reseters should be designated as such in some way.

Thanx TSPKing for your earlier info.

TSPking
Site Admin

Post by TSPking »

I like the reset option and have already begun looking at it. I'm going to make confirmation necessary so no accidental resets happen and will most likely backup a user's allocations as well.

Flagging resetters in the Leader Board may start complicating this a bit. Regarding the Leader Board, all time periods (5 day, 15 day, January, February, etc) require a member to be active for the entire time period in question or they won't be listed there. Except YTD. YTD includes everyone regardless if they were active on Jan 1 or not. To keep the YTD in perspective, Jan 1 or the member's first balance date is listed with the member's return...whichever date is earlier.
TSPking

jeffvan1

Option to reset

Post by jeffvan1 »

I'm not for it. Can you reset your actual TSP acct because you stayed in the C-Fund all year and your now down 19.25 %??? . Maybe at the end of the year reset all accts to 100,000.00 and everyone competes equally for the next year.

chief04010

Post by chief04010 »

I don't know if it's been brought up before but tracking your real TSP account (with privacy) can be done at FEDSmith.com using the Portfolio Tracker. You just don't get the nice charts and you have to put in the shares you buy and sell.

TSPking
Site Admin

Post by TSPking »

I'm killing this idea. Sorry to disappoint anyone. I'll be starting a new thread shortly to get opinions on how we should handle moving into a new year.
TSPking

TSPking
Site Admin

Post by TSPking »

I changed my mind and set this up. Option to reset is in member account summary.
TSPking

Fund Prices2024-04-18

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.27%
F $18.62 -0.30% -3.14%
C $78.45 -0.21% 5.50%
S $76.12 -0.20% -1.27%
I $40.67 0.02% 1.21%
L2065 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2060 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2055 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2050 $31.35 -0.13% 2.44%
L2045 $14.32 -0.12% 2.35%
L2040 $52.37 -0.11% 2.29%
L2035 $13.85 -0.10% 2.21%
L2030 $46.21 -0.09% 2.15%
L2025 $12.93 -0.05% 1.72%
Linc $25.28 -0.04% 1.51%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".