TSP Center - The Thrift Savings Plan Community

"FantasyTSP™ and Discussion Forum for the Thrift Savings Plan Investor"

Recommend TSP Center Register  •  Search  •  FantasyTSP Trophies   

Board index » FantasyTSP » Introductions

Join now for full access to TSP Center

This topic has 35 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view topic replies.

or 

Post subject: Lucia - Introduction
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:00 pm 

Flag: United States (us)

Reputation point: 10
Fellow servicemembers/FERS civilians/all others,

Please allow me to introduce myself. I am a SSgt in the USAF with 8 years TIS. Last year, I reenlisted for 5 more years in the CENTCOM AOR.

I currently invest in the TSP that I started in 2009, a Roth IRA with Vanguard that I started in 2010, and an individual brokerage account, which I have used on and off since 2003. My allocation in Vanguard was 99% VGENX, a fund invested in 100% energy equities/1% cash in a MMA until 2014, when I reallocated to 100% VFIFX, the Retirement Fund for 2050. I have experienced limited success and many failures/lessons learned as an investor, and strive to improve my understanding through, among several avenues, this informative site and members like you.

My retirement investment strategy consists of several components.

1) $5500 allocated annually to Roth IRA contribution DCA on weekly basis 100% VFIFX. (passive)
2) $18000 allocated annually to Roth TSP. (hybrid passive-active, I will mostly follow the seasonal strategy or FantasyTSP annual leaders with small deviations and risks based off technical indicators and likelihood of positive or negative sentiment that will affect Mr. Market)
3) As much as possible into individual brokerage account. I sold nearly all my holdings last year as I was not sleeping well at night with the amount of risk I was taking. That was when I learned that the only thing worth investing more than a retirement is personal health; the value of a good night's sleep cannot be understated. From 2003-2015 I have held positions in T, XOM, ATVI, BPI, ARYC, KO, IAE, TZA, TNA, TVIX.
4) Real estate. I currently rent out a house in NE.

My Roth IRA is on autopilot until 2050 so the only goal I have for it is to maximize the contribution and not deviate from DCA/buy and hold.

My goal in TSP is to gain at least 1% per month and 12% per year. I failed last year.

My long term goal with the IBA is to invest in at least one solid growth stock that becomes the next AAPL, NFLX, GOOGL etc. I have had no success so far.

My rental property is taken care of by a property manager so the goal is to use the rental income to pay off the mortgage earlier.

I look forward to benefitting from your collective wisdom/guidance in our journey towards a well funded, fat and happy retirement. Good trading!

Profile FantasyTSP  

Board index » FantasyTSP » Introductions