Banned from TSP Center

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

MMB1983

Banned from TSP Center

Post by MMB1983 »

Has this happened to anyone? I logged in Monday and instead of getting the TSP Center homepage, I got a page stating that I had been permanently banned from the board, to contact the board administrator for more info, and that a ban had been issued on my IP address. Has this happened to anyone else? I've been trying to contact admin@tspcenter.com, but several attempts have come back as undeliverable. I also tried the "Contact TSP Center" link but have not heard anything back. After several days of not having success contacting anyone, I created a new account so that I could post this to see if anyone could help me. I've been a long time member of TSP Center and feel this is the best site for TSP advice. I'm certain I have not posted anything that warranted banishment from the site, in fact I post very infrequently. My "banned" username is tappertuba. Does anyone have any advice how I can get reestablished? I hadn't planned any changes to my fantasy TSP account over these few days, but I'd like to have the ability to continue making allocation changes as I recently started following one of the seasonal strategies. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

crondanet5

Re: Banned from TSP Center

Post by crondanet5 »

Yes others have had the same problem. There is an ongoing conflict and the perpetrator has done well covering their tracks by including other members. You, alas, are one of them. So far there is no cure.

Post by 123456 »

Hello, I was also banned. So who do I email to get my account, jus10, back?

Nikko71

Post by Nikko71 »

crondanet5 wrote:Yes others have had the same problem. There is an ongoing conflict and the perpetrator has done well covering their tracks by including other members. You, alas, are one of them. So far there is no cure.
Care to elaborate on how the perpetrator “included other members”? I got banned and prior to that I had never even made a post!!!

brianduce

Post by brianduce »

Nikko71 wrote:
crondanet5 wrote:Yes others have had the same problem. There is an ongoing conflict and the perpetrator has done well covering their tracks by including other members. You, alas, are one of them. So far there is no cure.
Care to elaborate on how the perpetrator “included other members”? I got banned and prior to that I had never even made a post!!!

Hackers. I doubt prior posts were necessary. The link evilanne provided covers it all pretty well

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

I think this hacker is brilliant and their talents are being wasted on this site. I bet they could turn a North Korean missile around and hit the base from which it was launched. That would be outstanding. Nuke 'em 'til they glow.

MMB1983

Post by MMB1983 »

So looking at the threads evilanne referenced, I did not see how one with a banned account can get it reestablished. My emails to admin were bounced back. There was also a statement that the banned accounts were due to violations of TSPCenter policy. I don't believe I've done that, I've never given out negative reputation points. I suspect I'm just an unlucky target of hackers that have nothing better to do. Is there anyone I can contact to allow me to become "unbanned"?

Nikko71

Post by Nikko71 »

MMB1983 wrote:So looking at the threads evilanne referenced, I did not see how one with a banned account can get it reestablished. My emails to admin were bounced back. There was also a statement that the banned accounts were due to violations of TSPCenter policy. I don't believe I've done that, I've never given out negative reputation points. I suspect I'm just an unlucky target of hackers that have nothing better to do. Is there anyone I can contact to allow me to become "unbanned"?
Apparently not. I had my account and IP banned. Sent messages but to no avail. Now the only was to connect is with my cell phone.

gomer

Post by gomer »

crondanet5 wrote:I think this hacker is brilliant and their talents are being wasted on this site. I bet they could turn a North Korean missile around and hit the base from which it was launched. That would be outstanding. Nuke 'em 'til they glow.
cron, I took care of that issue we discussed earlier. You owe me BIG time!!! :wink:

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

REputaion Points are like Bitcoins and you just mined some.

gomer

Post by gomer »

Thanks for the Rep points cron. But it's a little early in our relationship to be giving gifts don't you think? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your generosity. But I'd rather not expose our relationship so early in the game. The mods might get the wrong idea.

mrbill

Post by mrbill »

crondanet5 wrote:REputaion Points are like Bitcoins and you just mined some.
cron5 you're just trying to make me jealous aren't you? How about throwing some love in my direction too? :wink:

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

Oh no! mrbill!

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

MMB1983 wrote:So looking at the threads evilanne referenced, I did not see how one with a banned account can get it reestablished. My emails to admin were bounced back. There was also a statement that the banned accounts were due to violations of TSPCenter policy. I don't believe I've done that, I've never given out negative reputation points. I suspect I'm just an unlucky target of hackers that have nothing better to do. Is there anyone I can contact to allow me to become "unbanned"?
MMB1983,

The admin email doesn't work. Since you and Nikko71 voiced your concern in the forum, you've been added to the "To Fix" list of accounts we're working on. Thanks for getting in contact with us.
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
Support the site by purchasing a membership at TSPCalc! https://tspcalc.com

Fund Prices2024-04-15

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.18 0.04% 1.23%
F $18.64 -0.61% -3.02%
C $79.24 -1.20% 6.56%
S $77.27 -1.66% 0.23%
I $41.14 -0.29% 2.38%
L2065 $15.75 -0.94% 4.19%
L2060 $15.75 -0.94% 4.19%
L2055 $15.76 -0.94% 4.19%
L2050 $31.64 -0.81% 3.38%
L2045 $14.44 -0.76% 3.24%
L2040 $52.80 -0.71% 3.11%
L2035 $13.96 -0.65% 2.96%
L2030 $46.52 -0.59% 2.83%
L2025 $12.97 -0.32% 2.08%
Linc $25.35 -0.25% 1.78%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".