That’s why we stick to the plan folks!

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

marine234

Re: That’s why we stick to the plan folks!

Post by marine234 »

As long as I make 20% or better by the end of the year it's a win! Ended 2017 at 17% and made my twenty within two weeks after...I'll take it. Think this will be a great year, but not sure how a Government shutdown will effect the market. We will see.

mindofmush

Post by mindofmush »

Nuked Twinkies are really good, especially after they've gotten hard.
mo meng, mo ching (which loosely means: no money, no life)

Scorpio70

Post by Scorpio70 »

Love twinkies

kenbarnes

Post by kenbarnes »

Love twinkies and love the bloodbath i'm taking in the C/S fund

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

How can you people talk about Twinkies when there's a blood bath in the market!!!
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

mindofmush wrote:Nuked Twinkies are really good, especially after they've gotten hard.
Careful, you might end up playing "find the Twinkie"...

Ericdelee

Post by Ericdelee »

kenbarnes wrote:Love twinkies and love the bloodbath i'm taking in the C/S fund
Aren’t they both green?

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

ArrieS wrote:How can you people talk about Twinkies when there's a blood bath in the market!!!
Congrats on your number of posts. :twisted:

Scorpio70

Post by Scorpio70 »

Sometimes you got to have a new plan. So much pent up desire to invest in the US.

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

cswift01 wrote:
ArrieS wrote:How can you people talk about Twinkies when there's a blood bath in the market!!!
Congrats on your number of posts. :twisted:
Yeah, speaking of bloodbath ..... :twisted:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jamters

Post by Jamters »

so yesterday I read about this bloodbath - I immediately checked the charts for S and C fund... and then at 8:03 pm ET the sky literally started falling here in Michigan - a bright light filled the room... 3 minutes later a sonic boom. I figured it must be the stock market crashing... the dreaded bloodbath was upon us! But alas, today the sun came back up and with it the C and S funds. Apparently it was just a large meteorite that crashed a few miles from me. But hey! How about those C & S funds! They are on fire... kinda like the garage in Taylor the meteor supposedly hit.

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

Jamters wrote:so yesterday I read about this bloodbath - I immediately checked the charts for S and C fund... and then at 8:03 pm ET the sky literally started falling here in Michigan - a bright light filled the room... 3 minutes later a sonic boom. I figured it must be the stock market crashing... the dreaded bloodbath was upon us! But alas, today the sun came back up and with it the C and S funds. Apparently it was just a large meteorite that crashed a few miles from me. But hey! How about those C & S funds! They are on fire... kinda like the garage in Taylor the meteor supposedly hit.
Lol, did you really experience that meteorite?

Ericdelee

Post by Ericdelee »

jlozano042 wrote:
Jamters wrote:so yesterday I read about this bloodbath - I immediately checked the charts for S and C fund... and then at 8:03 pm ET the sky literally started falling here in Michigan - a bright light filled the room... 3 minutes later a sonic boom. I figured it must be the stock market crashing... the dreaded bloodbath was upon us! But alas, today the sun came back up and with it the C and S funds. Apparently it was just a large meteorite that crashed a few miles from me. But hey! How about those C & S funds! They are on fire... kinda like the garage in Taylor the meteor supposedly hit.
I experienced it as well. I had no clue what it was, and just felt the house shake and then some noises upstairs (the booms). I thought I had an intruder; and went up there with a bat to see what the hell was happening. Nothing at all. 15 mins later I hear it was a meteorite. Kinda cool. I didn’t hear anything about the fire in Taylor though. But then again, it’s Taylor. I think there is always something on fire.

Back to TSP talk: a lot of people sitting out in the F Fund are a bit frustrated. I get it. But keep in mind that The C Fund never opened up the year with 5+ days in the green like it did this year. Not since a ba-zillion years ago. So that seems to be a little bit of a fluke. I’m thankful I was still in it for the start of the year and sit around 4.5% gains right now. But I am switching to a seasonal method here in the next few weeks. But I can’t help to wonder if this year is another Buy and Hold type of year that will pull 25% or so.

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

Ericdelee wrote:
jlozano042 wrote:
I experienced it as well. I had no clue what it was, and just felt the house shake and then some noises upstairs (the booms). I thought I had an intruder; and went up there with a bat to see what the hell was happening. Nothing at all. 15 mins later I hear it was a meteorite. Kinda cool. I didn’t hear anything about the fire in Taylor though. But then again, it’s Taylor. I think there is always something on fire.

Back to TSP talk: a lot of people sitting out in the F Fund are a bit frustrated. I get it. But keep in mind that The C Fund never opened up the year with 5+ days in the green like it did this year. Not since a ba-zillion years ago. So that seems to be a little bit of a fluke. I’m thankful I was still in it for the start of the year and sit around 4.5% gains right now. But I am switching to a seasonal method here in the next few weeks. But I can’t help to wonder if this year is another Buy and Hold type of year that will pull 25% or so.
Most "talking heads" are suggesting to place your emphasis on emerging and international markets. We'll see how that goes, but for the most part I'm following that advice and using 15535 as another piece of advice.

Best,

Me

Fund Prices2024-04-24

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.20 0.01% 1.34%
F $18.64 -0.24% -3.04%
C $79.40 0.02% 6.78%
S $78.08 -0.18% 1.28%
I $41.48 -0.10% 3.23%
L2065 $15.84 -0.05% 4.74%
L2060 $15.84 -0.05% 4.75%
L2055 $15.84 -0.05% 4.75%
L2050 $31.79 -0.06% 3.86%
L2045 $14.51 -0.05% 3.68%
L2040 $53.01 -0.05% 3.54%
L2035 $14.01 -0.04% 3.36%
L2030 $46.69 -0.04% 3.21%
L2025 $13.01 -0.02% 2.33%
Linc $25.40 -0.02% 2.00%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".