TRUMPS ECONOMY

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

Powars

TRUMPS ECONOMY

Post by Powars »

I believe in Trump's Economy. Even though we know that there is some major market manipulation going on, and deceptive media; American Businesses are doing extraordinary. This is why we cannot "fret" on our C and S funds. Expect the American Exchanges to continue to flourish, we hit some peaks in 2017 but are no where near our Summit. Keep believing in Americanomics!
Last edited by Powars on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MakeMe$$$$

Re: TRUMPS ECONOMY

Post by MakeMe$$$$ »

I will not begin to deny that the economic fundamentals [edit: aren't looking good.] However...I think it is a bit over-exuberant to be too much so. Why? Let's see if the projected GDP will pay for the tax cuts. The we will add the costs of the new budget, the proposed infrastructure and the "wall".

If the GDP doesn't match the projections plus cover future additions to the deficit this could be a repeat of when Bush cut taxes while we were engaged in 2 wars. If the GDP misses the mark by a significant amount then get out the hard hats.

BTW..."TRUMPS ECONOMY" could become "Trumps Deficit".

Just sayin'

[edit: The first sentence of the original post was crappy structure at best. LOL]
Last edited by MakeMe$$$$ on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don
Rolled over to Fidelity 2/24/18.
Fantasy still playing with Daily Strategy 12767.

n.shift

Post by n.shift »

Powars wrote:I believe in Trump's Economy. Even though we know that there is some major market manipulation going on, and deceptive media; American Businesses are doing extraordinary. This is why we cannot "fret" on our C and S funds. Expect the American Exchanges to continue to flourish, we hit some peaks in 2017 but are no where near are Summit. Keep believing in Americanomics!
All true until inflation takes control. Then the bottom will fall out of everything. You can have more dollars in your pocket today then you did yesterday but if your able to buy less with those extra dollars are you really any better off? Tax reform was a wonderful idea but the timing couldnt have been worse. The economy was already good. Should have saved tax reform to avoid the next recession. Just a primary example of “to much of a good thing”. Just keep an eye out on inflation, rising pay scales and rising interest rates.

evilanne

Post by evilanne »

Only time will tell. Congress really needs to address entitlements sooner rather than later. Last time they changed anything major for SS was back in the 80's when they increased retirement ages slightly and implemented FERS putting government employees into SS system -- now we have the same exact issues that we did back then. Not sure they will ever fix anything as they seem to be experts in kicking the can down the road.

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

MakeMe$$$$ wrote:I will not begin to deny that the economic fundamentals are bad at all. However...I think it is a bit over-exuberant to be too much so. Why? Let's see if the projected GDP will pay for the tax cuts. The we will add the costs of the new budget, the proposed infrastructure and the "wall".

If the GDP doesn't match the projections plus cover future additions to the deficit this could be a repeat of when Bush cut taxes while we were engaged in 2 wars. If the GDP misses the mark by a significant amount then get out the hard hats.

BTW..."TRUMPS ECONOMY" could become "Trumps Deficit".

Just sayin'
Irrational exuberance at its finest.

I'm personally concerned for inflation. I also wonder if the 8 years Bush had will be lessened by the Trump stimulus.

I guess we'll see.

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

Congratulations on your ytd return.

XAMOTOMAX

Post by XAMOTOMAX »

Who's "fretting"?

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

Powars wrote:I believe in Trump's Economy. Even though we know that there is some major market manipulation going on
Do we? What is the major market manipulation we know about? Are you saying it is just the FED doing its job? Or, are you implying more like the FED outright buying stocks secretly or something sinister? Do we have a Rockafeller conspiracy here?
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

crondanet5 wrote:Congratulations on your ytd return.
Good job indeed - well played Powars!

Scorpio70

Post by Scorpio70 »

The tax cuts were not scored dynamically, so we don't know what the long term affect will be, and depending on the political scene they may not have been possible in the future. The majority of employees have not seen a significant raise yet, so I personally think that inflation will be a future problem. People have been living on their credit for so long that (cc debt in the trillions) perhaps it could be a while before we really see inflation. You can raise prices, but if people can't buy what you are selling you have another downturn.

evilanne

Post by evilanne »

ArrieS wrote:
Powars wrote:I believe in Trump's Economy. Even though we know that there is some major market manipulation going on
Do we? What is the major market manipulation we know about? Are you saying it is just the FED doing its job? Or, are you implying more like the FED outright buying stocks secretly or something sinister? Do we have a Rockafeller conspiracy here?
Not sure the veracity of this but I have seen several things regarding VIX and certain financial products: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-w ... 2018-02-13

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/06/cramer- ... -fail.html

XAMOTOMAX

Post by XAMOTOMAX »

Cboe refuted the "VIX fix" claims pretty harshly...interestingly defensive response IMO.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

evilanne wrote:
ArrieS wrote:
Not sure the veracity of this but I have seen several things regarding VIX and certain financial products: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-w ... 2018-02-13

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/06/cramer- ... -fail.html
I understand the reckless argument. But there is a difference between reckless (gambling) and the house rigging the game.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

evilanne

Post by evilanne »

XAMOTOMAX wrote:Cboe refuted the "VIX fix" claims pretty harshly...interestingly defensive response IMO.
Would you expect anything less? Do you think they protest too much?

Fund Prices2024-04-17

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.25%
F $18.68 0.50% -2.85%
C $78.62 -0.58% 5.72%
S $76.27 -0.89% -1.07%
I $40.66 -0.17% 1.19%
L2065 $15.60 -0.47% 3.17%
L2060 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2055 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2050 $31.39 -0.35% 2.57%
L2045 $14.34 -0.33% 2.47%
L2040 $52.43 -0.31% 2.41%
L2035 $13.87 -0.28% 2.31%
L2030 $46.25 -0.25% 2.24%
L2025 $12.93 -0.12% 1.78%
Linc $25.29 -0.09% 1.55%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".