TRUMPS ECONOMY

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

XAMOTOMAX

Re: TRUMPS ECONOMY

Post by XAMOTOMAX »

Hard to say without fully understanding the technical details of the purported exploit.

mindofmush

Post by mindofmush »

evilanne wrote:
XAMOTOMAX wrote:Cboe refuted the "VIX fix" claims pretty harshly...interestingly defensive response IMO.
Would you expect anything less? Do you think they protest too much?
The CBOE is in Chicago, so of course they have to refute corruption loudly.

I read that the Federal Reserve cut back on buying it's bonds which reduce bond liquidity which in turn raised market volatility. This helps explain why the European and Asian markets nosedived on the same days that US markets did. Or maybe the US is the world leader in fear tanking our market and the rest of the world followed along.
mo meng, mo ching (which loosely means: no money, no life)

MakeMe$$$$

Post by MakeMe$$$$ »

Powars wrote:I believe in Trump's Economy. ...
OK...gotta ask this...WHY?

I would like to understand why you believe in it both now and why you think Trumpenomics is good in the long run? Not saying you are right or wrong but I once believed in Santa Clause.
Don
Rolled over to Fidelity 2/24/18.
Fantasy still playing with Daily Strategy 12767.

skiehawk11

Post by skiehawk11 »

We all should be thanking the Fed not Obama or Trump. Trump has less of an impact on the economy than the Congress does and Congress has less of an impact than the Fed does.

As prudent investors we all should be cognitive of the role the government plays in the economy. We can make better investment decisions if we do.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

This isn't a Trump economy. I can definitively declare that.

Trump has only wielded deregulation. Most prominently against environmental regulations for energy, specifically coal. Coal is still dying.

Neither is tax reform Trumps. It isn't anything resembling what he proposed when he was running or after taking office. It was crafted by Congress and he had little input. It was made to pass congressional rules regarding the budget.

Trump had yet to keep his major promises in regards to his campaign, I.E. promises to declare China a currency manipulator his first day. However, the ones he had kept such as deregulation are incapable of saving those sectors, I.E. coal.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

Hoss2112

Post by Hoss2112 »

ArrieS wrote:This isn't a Trump economy. I can definitively declare that.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was worried that he might get credit for something. When the market crashes I can definitively declare that he will get credit for that.
'Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.'
-Mark Twain

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

Hoss2112 wrote:
ArrieS wrote:This isn't a Trump economy. I can definitively declare that.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was worried that he might get credit for something. When the market crashes I can definitively declare that he will get credit for that.
Never know. He might actually do something. Like keep a promise and renegotiate NAFTA. And no, entering into talks doesn't count. Because the White House every year always talks to Canada and Mexico about how to possibly change NAFTA. President Bush Jr did it, President Obama did it, and Trump has done it. Only he was vocal about it. So far, nothing different has happened.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

Jamters

Post by Jamters »

Last Thanksgiving my wife got up at dawn to prepare the feast. She did all the work baking pies and trimmings, mashing potatoes, got the turkey dressed in a bow tie and into the oven, cleaned the house, set the table - it was a beautiful thing. I watched football. When it was time to eat and all the guests were seated I pulled her turkey out of the oven, brought it to the table and said 'look what I did!' and everyone cheered. She glared at me and I whispered "Trump's economy honey, Trump's economy" Then I noticed the turkey was a little dry... so I blamed her and all the guests booed her - which she clearly deserved. The pumpkin pie was delicious though - so I took credit for that, which was the right thing to do. I did point out her potatoes were lumpy.

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

Jamters wrote:Last Thanksgiving my wife got up at dawn to prepare the feast. She did all the work baking pies and trimmings, mashing potatoes, got the turkey dressed in a bow tie and into the oven, cleaned the house, set the table - it was a beautiful thing. I watched football. When it was time to eat and all the guests were seated I pulled her turkey out of the oven, brought it to the table and said 'look what I did!' and everyone cheered. She glared at me and I whispered "Trump's economy honey, Trump's economy" Then I noticed the turkey was a little dry... so I blamed her and all the guests booed her - which she clearly deserved. The pumpkin pie was delicious though - so I took credit for that, which was the right thing to do. I did point out her potatoes were lumpy.
You should be ashamed of yourself .... a nice flan pie with caramel drizzled on it is better.

Jamters

Post by Jamters »

jlozano042 wrote:
Jamters wrote:Last Thanksgiving my wife got up at dawn to prepare the feast. She did all the work baking pies and trimmings, mashing potatoes, got the turkey dressed in a bow tie and into the oven, cleaned the house, set the table - it was a beautiful thing. I watched football. When it was time to eat and all the guests were seated I pulled her turkey out of the oven, brought it to the table and said 'look what I did!' and everyone cheered. She glared at me and I whispered "Trump's economy honey, Trump's economy" Then I noticed the turkey was a little dry... so I blamed her and all the guests booed her - which she clearly deserved. The pumpkin pie was delicious though - so I took credit for that, which was the right thing to do. I did point out her potatoes were lumpy.
You should be ashamed of yourself .... a nice flan pie with caramel drizzled on it is better.
Wow! I reject your war on Thanksgiving. We say 'Happy Thanksgiving'. We eat all American Pumpkin Pie just like the Pilgrims shared with the Cleveland Indians in 1776. Flan pie with caramel drizzled on it is not American - flan is why we need a wall! j/k I love flan!

oldjack

Post by oldjack »

Powars wrote:I believe in Trump's Economy.
Wow! You make it sound like he's done such a great job for you.
Meanwhile this very same person is making every effort to economically rape you, the federal employee, blind!

Wake up and read the proposed budget. Then give him credit for stealing your future!
That's what Trump is trying to do.

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

Jamters wrote:
jlozano042 wrote:
Wow! I reject your war on Thanksgiving. We say 'Happy Thanksgiving'. We eat all American Pumpkin Pie just like the Pilgrims shared with the Cleveland Indians in 1776. Flan pie with caramel drizzled on it is not American - flan is why we need a wall! j/k I love flan!
Hahaha ... how about a wall of flan. Wouldn't everyone be happy?

M0tom3n

Post by M0tom3n »

We eat all American Pumpkin Pie just like the Pilgrims shared with the Cleveland Indians in 1776.
This is hilarious!... Sounds like a Donny Baker quote.

dougellen1

Post by dougellen1 »

Interesting how the "never Trumpers" and "resist" movement come out with the sharp knives when things start getting better with our nation. Facts are stubborn things.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

dougellen1 wrote:Interesting how the "never Trumpers" and "resist" movement come out with the sharp knives when things start getting better with our nation. Facts are stubborn things.
When did things start getting better? What over the last year, wasn't occurring the previous year?

Was the stock market not rising? Was unemployment not shrinking?

Funny how a Republican gets in office and suddenly the same things that were already occurring are not being ignored.

Go ahead. That's a real challenge, identify something relevant that's "good" that wasn't occurring.
Last edited by ArrieS on Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".