TRUMPS ECONOMY

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

evilanne

Re: TRUMPS ECONOMY

Post by evilanne »

Political discussions usually are not very fruitful here, best to avoid. Economy is doing well...volatility seems to be related to FED-- trying to unwind past QE & rising rates :(

Scorpio70

Post by Scorpio70 »

Candy corn is ok, until you eat too much.

XAMOTOMAX

Post by XAMOTOMAX »

lol @ "discussion"
I do admit to watching info wars vs antifa videos on youtube just for the comedic value. This isn't really doing the same for me.

mindofmush

Post by mindofmush »

That Flan Wall will cause a run in sugar futures and then a shortage with mucho unhappiness. Happiness is a Wall of Lumpy Potatoes :!: :lol:
mo meng, mo ching (which loosely means: no money, no life)

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

mindofmush wrote:That Flan Wall will cause a run in sugar futures and then a shortage with mucho unhappiness. Happiness is a Wall of Lumpy Potatoes :!: :lol:
:lol:

XAMOTOMAX

Post by XAMOTOMAX »

Speaking of sugar futures...did you know the USDA now has blinds that lock in the down position because the positioning of the blinds was once used to leak crop report information prior to official release?

Jamters

Post by Jamters »

XAMOTOMAX wrote:Speaking of sugar futures...did you know the USDA now has blinds that lock in the down position because the positioning of the blinds was once used to leak crop report information prior to official release?
I knew this guy named Clarence Beeks that specialized in crop reports before their official release. He used to do 'investigative' work for commodities brokerage firm Duke & Duke. The Duke brothers - Randolph & Mortimer Duke were trying to corner the market for frozen concentrated orange juice. But Beeks was fed a fake crop report that put Duke & Duke out of business in one day. Turned out it was over a $1 bet. The guys that fed him the fake one, Billy Ray Valentine and Louis Winthorpe III took the real crop report, became instant millionaires and retired to a private island. Each year on Feb 14th we celebrate Billy Ray Day. In those days Al Franken was working as a baggage handler on the Philly to NY rail line. I hear he's back there again. True story!

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

Jamters wrote:
XAMOTOMAX wrote:Speaking of sugar futures...did you know the USDA now has blinds that lock in the down position because the positioning of the blinds was once used to leak crop report information prior to official release?
I knew this guy named Clarence Beeks that specialized in crop reports before their official release. He used to do 'investigative' work for commodities brokerage firm Duke & Duke. The Duke brothers - Randolph & Mortimer Duke were trying to corner the market for frozen concentrated orange juice. But Beeks was fed a fake crop report that put Duke & Duke out of business in one day. Turned out it was over a $1 bet. The guys that fed him the fake one, Billy Ray Valentine and Louis Winthorpe III took the real crop report, became instant millionaires and retired to a private island. Each year on Feb 14th we celebrate Billy Ray Day. In those days Al Franken was working as a baggage handler on the Philly to NY rail line. I hear he's back there again. True story!
Wow. Someone should turn that into a movie.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

XAMOTOMAX

Post by XAMOTOMAX »

There's only one problem with your story... Crop reports are never released at noon on a trading day! And Duke and Duke could have had a resurgence with a small donation from an African prince... If only

MakeMe$$$$

Post by MakeMe$$$$ »

Jamters wrote:
I knew this guy named Clarence Beeks that specialized in crop reports before their official release. ...
You do know this was actually a fictitious character?

http://collider.com/mr-beaks-says-goodb ... nce-beeks/
Don
Rolled over to Fidelity 2/24/18.
Fantasy still playing with Daily Strategy 12767.

Jamters

Post by Jamters »

XAMOTOMAX wrote:There's only one problem with your story... Crop reports are never released at noon on a trading day! And Duke and Duke could have had a resurgence with a small donation from an African prince... If only
I've watched documentary footage of that historic trading day with Winthorpe and Billy Ray in action - maybe 100 times. I've yet to understand it. It makes no sense to me. It's why I love the relative calm of TSP's 'decide by noon ET what the market will do in the next four hours' then weep when it does the opposite. Thanks to TSPcenter I've kept my center. And for what it's worth, I prefer McDowell's Big Mick over a McDonald's Big Mac. No sesame seeds.

Carmen909

Post by Carmen909 »

cswift01 wrote:
MakeMe$$$$ wrote:I will not begin to deny that the economic fundamentals are bad at all. However...I think it is a bit over-exuberant to be too much so. Why? Let's see if the projected GDP will pay for the tax cuts. The we will add the costs of the new budget, the proposed infrastructure and the "wall".

If the GDP doesn't match the projections plus cover future additions to the deficit this could be a repeat of when Bush cut taxes while we were engaged in 2 wars. If the GDP misses the mark by a significant amount then get out the hard hats.

BTW..."TRUMPS ECONOMY" could become "Trumps Deficit".

Just sayin'
Irrational exuberance at its finest.

I'm personally concerned for inflation. I also wonder if the 8 years Bush had will be lessened by the Trump stimulus.

I guess we'll see.
Classic irrational exuberance. I'm worried about stagflation. Don't know why I'm channeling so much Alan Greenspan lately.

evilanne

Post by evilanne »

Carmen909 wrote:Classic irrational exuberance. I'm worried about stagflation. Don't know why I'm channeling so much Alan Greenspan lately.
Maybe you miss the good old days and the simplicity of speculation about the size of his briefcase https://www.stlouisfed.org/publications ... -briefcase -- before the recession, before several rounds of QE and the subsequent moves to unwind in uncharted territory.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

evilanne wrote:
Carmen909 wrote:Classic irrational exuberance. I'm worried about stagflation. Don't know why I'm channeling so much Alan Greenspan lately.
Maybe you miss the good old days and the simplicity of speculation about the size of his briefcase https://www.stlouisfed.org/publications ... -briefcase -- before the recession, before several rounds of QE and the subsequent moves to unwind in uncharted territory.
Size doesn't matter. It's all about the motion in the interest rate ocean.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

evilanne

Post by evilanne »

:lol:

Fund Prices2024-04-16

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.24%
F $18.58 -0.32% -3.33%
C $79.08 -0.21% 6.34%
S $76.95 -0.41% -0.18%
I $40.73 -0.98% 1.37%
L2065 $15.67 -0.50% 3.66%
L2060 $15.67 -0.50% 3.67%
L2055 $15.68 -0.50% 3.67%
L2050 $31.50 -0.44% 2.93%
L2045 $14.38 -0.41% 2.81%
L2040 $52.59 -0.38% 2.72%
L2035 $13.91 -0.35% 2.60%
L2030 $46.37 -0.32% 2.50%
L2025 $12.95 -0.18% 1.90%
Linc $25.31 -0.14% 1.64%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".