TSP Center - The Thrift Savings Plan Community

"FantasyTSP™ and Discussion Forum for the Thrift Savings Plan Investor"

Recommend TSP Center Register  •  Search  •  FantasyTSP Trophies   

Board index » FantasyTSP » Introductions

Join now for full access to TSP Center

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view topic replies.

or 

Post subject: Hello All
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:16 am 

Flag: United States (us)

Reputation point: 20
I joined yesterday. I'm a weather nut and have been chasing storms since 1992 and currently
work for NOAA/NWS. Unless I am convinced in here, I don't believe in trend lines or methods that are not based on what is going on in the real world. Aside from the minor ups and downs in the market, which don't amount to a hill of beans, I am focused on getting off the elevator up when world events and the US economy are turning ugly, and then getting on the elevator up when I suspect that the bottom is near. I don't mess around with the I fund. It's too much of an unknown quantity for me. I typically avoid doing IFT for the first half of a month unless I absolutely have to and these occasions should be rare. I just hate the feeling of being powerless for the last half of the month in case some calamity happens and the market crashes 20% in 2 weeks--and that could happen any time given all of the religious nutjobs trying to destroy America.

Politically, I am torn between the person I think can help America the most, and the person
who will give me the best chance of holding onto my job!! That's a really tough one. On the one hand, I dread having my pay cut, losing our nice health insurance plan for gov workers and even losing my job all together. But on the other hand, I also dread 4 more years of you know who.

And what am I doing now? I'm still 70% in S and C. But I'm considering putting more in F starting next month as opposed to G. S has been much better than C over the past few years, but I'm not sure that will last since we are near the top of this nice elevator ride. One would think though that this rally since 09 should peak just as high as the rallies in 1999-2000 and the 2007 peak as long as the economy keeps improving. So since there is still potential to go up, I am not about to put my money in the G now and be in a situation where I'm helpless with no more IFT's for the month. We need to keep this rally going!!

Profile FantasyTSP  

Board index » FantasyTSP » Introductions