Looks like folks are following SIG to the G fund.

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

Kola

Looks like folks are following SIG to the G fund.

Post by Kola »

Wonder what SIG is seeing?

Tomanyiron

Re: Looks like folks are following SIG to the G fund.

Post by Tomanyiron »

Just when I start thinking maybe another up-trend is established, and if someone would sell me an IFT, I would jump back in. Then I see Sig’s name on the list transferring to the G-arage fund. But he has another one, and who knows he may use it tomorrow to move back to the S. After a day like this, there got to be some short-term weakness potentially.

Also we all know staying invested going into May has it’s hazards.
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

kcmusa

Post by kcmusa »

I am out of IFT's myself but used the last to jump in a few days ago.
I want to believe its still going up, the large number of people going to G has me concerned.
Afraid if i do move to G I will miss out on any further gains.
Not sure what is "scaring" people to G.
best TSP site around.

gebbie2

Post by gebbie2 »

so not to knock the vast majority of investors on this site but a simple technique is when everyone is jumping into the G/F go into the S/C and vice versa. (not my personal technique) but have noticed some of the prior the past couple months.
gebb

rf53

Post by rf53 »

Kola wrote:Wonder what SIG is seeing?

I am certain that he is an astute investor with a great reputation and that is why people are following him to the G. Having said that, 2014 is a new game. I think even Sig would tell you that his six 2014 IFT's resulting in a YTD gain of 1.80% have been outdone by buying and holding the F, or C, and almost equaled by buying and holding the 2050, 2040, 2030, and 2020. All of that with little or no sweat equity. What a year. With few in the green in 2014, the market volatility is enough to put many on the sidelines.

Kola

Post by Kola »

Still wondering if I should hit the sideline while I am in the black myself. 2014 has definately been frustrating.

Robvegas

Post by Robvegas »

Wild stab, but on the $EMW chart i think we're at a stiff resistance point and Sig probably sees that. Also if he has another IFT he can enter May right back in the S which still gives him the flexibility of up to 3 moves, (out, in, out).

idplakm

Post by idplakm »

The U.S. is sending troops to Eastern Europe. This may also be a new short term consideration.

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

It's only 600 troops. What a mockery. I think the best thing we could do is retire about 3 levels of senior people in the State Department who are fixated on the Cold War objective of destroying Russia. The real problem is emerging military flexing in Asia. Are you watching the rise of the size of the Chinese navy, and its technological improvements? Here we are, shrinking the force, flying around the world pretending we are promoting peace and open markets but all the while droning our enemies to death from above. The way I count it is Putin 3, U.S. 0. What would we do if Texas elected, through public vote, to secede and become an independent country? Or what if California voted to secede and merge with Mexico? Would we stop them? Is such a scenario any different than Crimea becoming part of Russia after a violent overthrow of the elected Ukrainian government? The scariest thing is when politicians and administrators believe their rhetoric to be correct when public opinion sees through their attempt to justify a stupid plan. Why not accept the loss of Crimea, the right of the Eastern Ukrainian people to vote for a return to their Russian roots, stop wasting tax dollars deploying troops to the region and save the precious Defense funds to keep more seasoned troops on board? I believe future military action may become much more difficult to sustain with the proposed troop levels because you will not have the means to rotate troops out of combat or replace lost forces because the force is too small. IMHO. Sorry to take up space with another rant, but isn't it time somebody told the emperor he is not wearing clothes? I doubt 600 troops in Poland will affect sig's IFT decisions.

Navig8tor

Post by Navig8tor »

gebbie2 wrote:so not to knock the vast majority of investors on this site but a simple technique is when everyone is jumping into the G/F go into the S/C and vice versa. (not my personal technique) but have noticed some of the prior the past couple months.
gebb

That's the "buy when everyone else is selling; sell when everyone else is buying" monicker.
Navig8tor
CWO4 (BOSN)
USCG, RET

Navig8tor

Post by Navig8tor »

I'm purely speculating with this thought but I'm going to say Sig's move to the G was a gut-check ahead of.....wait for it...WAIT FOR IT >>>> APPLE's quarterly earnings report.
Navig8tor
CWO4 (BOSN)
USCG, RET

Robvegas

Post by Robvegas »

Gebbi2 that's how we bet football in Las Vegas, go opposite of the public...and sometimes it works. As Kip would say "Great Observation"

BTW, where are you Kip? I highly value your input.

idplakm

Post by idplakm »

crondanet5 wrote:It's only 600 troops. What a mockery. I think the best thing we could do is retire about 3 levels of senior people in the State Department who are fixated on the Cold War objective of destroying Russia. The real problem is emerging military flexing in Asia. Are you watching the rise of the size of the Chinese navy, and its technological improvements? Here we are, shrinking the force, flying around the world pretending we are promoting peace and open markets but all the while droning our enemies to death from above. The way I count it is Putin 3, U.S. 0. What would we do if Texas elected, through public vote, to secede and become an independent country? Or what if California voted to secede and merge with Mexico? Would we stop them? Is such a scenario any different than Crimea becoming part of Russia after a violent overthrow of the elected Ukrainian government? The scariest thing is when politicians and administrators believe their rhetoric to be correct when public opinion sees through their attempt to justify a stupid plan. Why not accept the loss of Crimea, the right of the Eastern Ukrainian people to vote for a return to their Russian roots, stop wasting tax dollars deploying troops to the region and save the precious Defense funds to keep more seasoned troops on board? I believe future military action may become much more difficult to sustain with the proposed troop levels because you will not have the means to rotate troops out of combat or replace lost forces because the force is too small. IMHO. Sorry to take up space with another rant, but isn't it time somebody told the emperor he is not wearing clothes? I doubt 600 troops in Poland will affect sig's IFT decisions.

I was saying that it was new information for possible short term consideration (Nice rant though). In the meantime, I wonder why Sig, and other successful members under many a watchful eye, never answer these questions and whether or not they enjoy reading all the speculation about them?

Navig8tor

Post by Navig8tor »

idplakm wrote:
crondanet5 wrote:... but isn't it time somebody told the emperor he is not wearing clothes?

WHAT...POTUS is nekkid???? Run Forest....RUUUUUUUUNNNNN!!

I smell what you're stepping in Cro.

Why doesn't Sig respond to questions posted on the board?

My guess is "Sig" is really an automated high-speed trading platform and therefore cannot respond. He's just "algorithmic software."

Only "Sig" I know, Captain of the Seattle-based Fishing Vessel "Northwestern," is probably drunk in Dutch Harbor, AK, or Seattle or....He's not a nice person on "Deadliest Catch" and he's even worse in person!
Navig8tor
CWO4 (BOSN)
USCG, RET

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

[quote="idplakm I wonder why Sig, and other successful members under many a watchful eye, never answer these questions and whether or not they enjoy reading all the speculation about them?[/quote]

I’ve also thought about that a lot myself, and here is what I think:
1- Yes, I think (when time is available) they do read the forum, and get laughs. I try to do my part to provide a little humor for the stress relief.

2- They don’t answer questions, and provide more info about themselves, maybe because one or more of the following.

A- FantasyTSP is a competition right? They may be more completive than the rest of us.

B- They have a system that is extremely complicated, changing continually, and too time consuming to write and answer questions about.

C- They have jobs and family and not enough time to chat. I know before my nest emptied and my semi-retirement, I was so busy I couldn't hear myself think.

D- They have difficulties writing (like myself :oops: ), and are overawed by the likes of Cron, and others. You don’t intimidate me anymore Cron, you’re just a great big dummy that sits at the computer all day. :lol: No just joking. I like your articulation and I like that you will ask the questions others are afraid to. Stay healthy and continue sparring. (Cron has help me with PMs, that has save me a lot of embarrassment).

E- Luck has played a large part in their success. With as many members as we have, odds are a few will have multi-year luck.

F- They enjoy playing the Lone Ranger, Zorro, and Batman. “Who is that Masked TSP Genius :?:
Last edited by Tomanyiron on Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

Fund Prices2024-04-18

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.27%
F $18.62 -0.30% -3.14%
C $78.45 -0.21% 5.50%
S $76.12 -0.20% -1.27%
I $40.67 0.02% 1.21%
L2065 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2060 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2055 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2050 $31.35 -0.13% 2.44%
L2045 $14.32 -0.12% 2.35%
L2040 $52.37 -0.11% 2.29%
L2035 $13.85 -0.10% 2.21%
L2030 $46.21 -0.09% 2.15%
L2025 $12.93 -0.05% 1.72%
Linc $25.28 -0.04% 1.51%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".