When was the transfer?

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

zacksedlak

When was the transfer?

Post by zacksedlak »

So I put in a transfer prior to 12pm EST yesterday from I fund to C fund. Today, my fantasy tsp is saying I lost 0.81%, essentially saying that my transfer happened yesterday during trading. I am pretty sure it didn't happen that way in my actual account, but when does the actual transfer take place? When I received the email? And does this mean my fantasy account is going to be deviated from my actual growth by .8%?

tyson8492

Re: When was the transfer?

Post by tyson8492 »

Same thing happened to me twice. My fantasy account is off by .93% so my actual is now short of my actual returns.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

zacksedlak wrote:So I put in a transfer prior to 12pm EST yesterday from I fund to C fund. Today, my fantasy tsp is saying I lost 0.81%, essentially saying that my transfer happened yesterday during trading. I am pretty sure it didn't happen that way in my actual account, but when does the actual transfer take place? When I received the email? And does this mean my fantasy account is going to be deviated from my actual growth by .8%?

At the end of the day. It does not occur when you enter the order. Mutual funds trade after market close.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

WxMan0523

Post by WxMan0523 »

ArrieS wrote:At the end of the day. It does not occur when you enter the order. Mutual funds trade after market close.

Did you even read the OP post? Key word *FANTASY*. Op, yes, I think there's definitely a bug here. The change should have taken effect after close yesterday, with today's close (not yesterday) showing your first results (hopefully profits) for you in the fantasy C fund.

SurelyJame

Post by SurelyJame »

I agree that FantasyTSP has some differences to the real TSP. For example, the initial opening of my FantasyTSP account counted as an IFT. Hopefully, these bugs can be sorted out.

zacksedlak

Post by zacksedlak »

WxMan0523 wrote: Did you even read the OP post? Key word *FANTASY*.

I appreciate you attempting to ensure my question was answered, but I also asked when the actual transfer takes place, to which ArrieS answered.

TSPking
Site Admin

Post by TSPking »

zacksedlak wrote:So I put in a transfer prior to 12pm EST yesterday from I fund to C fund. Today, my fantasy tsp is saying I lost 0.81%, essentially saying that my transfer happened yesterday during trading. I am pretty sure it didn't happen that way in my actual account, but when does the actual transfer take place? When I received the email? And does this mean my fantasy account is going to be deviated from my actual growth by .8%?

To confirm, your allocation date should have been 6/27? There was an issue with last nights rate and pending allocations which I can fix.
TSPking

It's a gift...and a curse ~ Adrian Monk

zacksedlak

Post by zacksedlak »

Correct, I did the transfer 6/27

Jokerswild

Post by Jokerswild »

TSPking wrote:

To confirm, your allocation date should have been 6/27? There was an issue with last nights rate and pending allocations which I can fix.

Perhaps I'm missing something here but if zacksedlak made his transfer before noon on the 27th, he should be 100% C as of today opening of business but still had any gains/loss from I fund yesterday but shows he was 100% C yesterday.

My situation is perhaps the same but was in different funds which may change things. I made my fantasy IFT on Monday afternoon which by traditional TSP rules would mean that I am now 100% in I as of this morning. However, my fantasy account shows I was in I as of yesterday which would have only occurred had I made my IFT before 9am PST. Just trying to look for clarification.
Shawn AKA "Joker"

"How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case." - Robert G. Allen

TSPking
Site Admin

Post by TSPking »

This should be fixed.

If one user makes a trade Monday afternoon (the 26th) and another makes a trade before noon Tuesday morning (the 27th), they both should have the trade occur after rates are posed on the 27th with an IFT date of the 27th.
TSPking

It's a gift...and a curse ~ Adrian Monk

evilanne

Post by evilanne »

I think all IFT days are a little quirky. There is actually 2 calculations, one to value the account at closing price(s) and another to determine the number of share in the new fund(s). The way the data is presented...it does not appear to be correct but it works itself the next day. If you look at your IFTs on the TSP website you will see how it is broken down...on the IFT day you have only one data point, which I believe causing the issue. I don't think anything needs to be fixed as it works itself out with a little patience.

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".