This Bull is Exhausted

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

baroclinic

Re: This Bull is Exhausted

Post by baroclinic »

This pre-trading actually makes me all warm and mushy inside ;) If she sticks by the time I get my chance, I see some significant discounts sticking out.

On top of that, Nasdaq 36th Investor Program today should give the Nasdaq side a boost. These armatures are shorting like crazy during the Fed meeting last night... and we have a Nasdaq program happing today! As I said, last nights After Hours market was almost 100% amateur hour!

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

baroclinic did you view the video mentioned in Fund Strength Strategy post? Also the article about Trump messing with the dollar in The Atlantic magazine? This market may be manipulated for political gain IMHO.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Nothing is doing very good this morning, but the I is really in the hurt locker.
The PPT appears to be trying to help the American stocks, but they can't hold back the tide forever.
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

StormVet

Post by StormVet »

He really looked tired today!
“The broker said the stock was "poised to move." Silly me, I thought he meant up.”
― Randy Thurman

baroclinic

Post by baroclinic »

Trump is just a sideshow. If anything, that should affect the US dollar, which is getting stronger. We forget how much mutual funds/ETFs/hedge funds really play into the market. Since boss man hit office, I believe the amount has atleast tripled.

So...

This more likely has to do with just a massive sell-off/trade off of the oil and tech sectors mutual or ETFs somewhere. Lets face it, any good mutual is going to be Google, Amazon, Netflix, Apple, Nvidia, Micron, etc... the whole backbone of the market right now. Buy today, sell in May or some crap like that, and with the markets sitting at a high people are hovering over the sell buttons. I would bet that ,a or some, big mutual funds/hedge funds/etcs got traded out somewhere recently, putting lots of awesome crap on the markets early. Look at yesterdays pre-market and market, tech prices (along with the market as a whole) plummeted right before and right as the market opened, with a near consistent rally until EOB.

Its been good news for people like me grabbing Nvidia on the cheap (which by the way has been the only individual stock/fund I own that has consistently closed green the last two days.. but bad news for our own Mutual Funds/C/S/I funds which follow the supply and demand of the markets. Too much good supply out there like I said, but not enough investors with enough $$$ to take it all.

Now, we have a huge supply on the markets, but not enough investors with enough $$$ to buy up all the good crap fast enough. But supply is slowly catching back up to demand if you pay attention to the charts, and as soon as the sellers feel safe, they'll be buying the exact same stuff back they just sold. Maybe make a little extra with their gambles.

I always recommend running out and investing in a small amount of underpriced stock, especially if its on sale, and kick myself for not having more in my investing account for a time like this.

Premarket is looking solid tonight as supply catches back up to demand. Pending any other craziness, I think we will see green for C and S tonight, and maybe I on Monday, but I'm hoping otherwise... I want more cheap NVDA and AMD stock.

baroclinic

Post by baroclinic »

Or... could have spoke too soon. Going G fund while I grab cheap on the markets until summer is over.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

baroclinic wrote:Or... could have spoke too soon. Going G fund while I grab cheap on the markets until summer is over.

I think I'm going to wait until one minute after the cut-off time to submit my G IFT. That way I'll be ahead of everyone all weekend long, (at least on one list that is). :lol:

:idea: Ok, lets have a completion Rep points to whoever comes first. :wink:
Hey you can always delete before noon on Monday.

baroclinic

Post by baroclinic »

I jumped last second and went C and S... meaning to do I instead of S. Luckily, I in real life, I did go into an international index fund as planned.

Looks like I was wrong about I, she seems less affected by the tech selloff. Its weird, I keep seeing techs/fang sold off, and money being put into completely goofy and useless areas. Energy got the love this time...

SuperMax

Post by SuperMax »

Wonder how the bull will feel next week?

Kryptonite

Post by Kryptonite »

Hope he's rested and ready to run again.

baroclinic

Post by baroclinic »

Go forth mighty bull of $$$ and prove me wrong for doubting you for a second!

As soon as these foolish funds quit hiding in the "Value" stuff go back into the Tech backbone that actually worked, I expect him will go wild.

bamablue

Post by bamablue »

I was standing in the road scanning the horizon for a bear and got run-over by a bull (again).

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

bamablue wrote:I was standing in the road scanning the horizon for a bear and got run-over by a bull (again).

Yea, this bear is acting more like a groundhog, comes out of hibernation for a little bit. But then sees his shadow , so he goes back. :lol:

Fund Prices2024-04-17

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.25%
F $18.68 0.50% -2.85%
C $78.62 -0.58% 5.72%
S $76.27 -0.89% -1.07%
I $40.66 -0.17% 1.19%
L2065 $15.60 -0.47% 3.17%
L2060 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2055 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2050 $31.39 -0.35% 2.57%
L2045 $14.34 -0.33% 2.47%
L2040 $52.43 -0.31% 2.41%
L2035 $13.87 -0.28% 2.31%
L2030 $46.25 -0.25% 2.24%
L2025 $12.93 -0.12% 1.78%
Linc $25.29 -0.09% 1.55%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".