Strength and Mood

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

Tomanyiron

Re: Strength and Mood

Post by Tomanyiron »

John316 wrote:I miss Jahbulon.

crondanet5 wrote:I miss SARAH.

Makes me wonder, did they get too smart, and give away too much free information? Then one day there was a knock at the door?

Who’s next Aitrus or mjedlin?
Skiehawk knows, why do you think he’s always so vague about his system?
I'm not in the same league, and as long as I can keep these coming, I will be OK.
TSPjourney wrote:Ditto, thanks Trumper1. Needless to say that what looks and sounds like someone who knows a lot about investing here does not translate into real profit. Charts, graphs and technical market speak obviously do not reflect in this users' Fantasy TSP numbers!

“The plot thickens”.
Last edited by Tomanyiron on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Updated EOD Thursday June 22, 2017
Strength continues to move toward the F fund. The stock funds have an, up a day / down a day or two routine. Showing some dip buyer not giving-up. It’s difficult to except that the easy money may be over for a while. Even suggesting it will get you lots of hate mail.

Mood does not jibe with C fund price so much. Since 6/8 the C fund has moved sideways, maybe with a slight up-bias. Mood on the other hand has had 3-4 lower lows and lower highs. Intriguing huh?

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

Tomanyiron wrote:give away too much free information? Then one day there was a knock at the door?

Who’s next Aitrus or mjedlin?

Due to my skill set, given to me by the military, I just know I'm probably on some kind of watch list someplace. So long as I restrict my activities to something as harmless as this, I should be ok. Don't know about MJ, though. He's a shady customer.
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters" Epictetus

fleabag

Post by fleabag »

Good analysis.

Regularguy

Post by Regularguy »

When reviewing the leader board, its always interesting to look at that traders returns for the past years . Although I prefer only trading within a seasonal strategy I enjoy reviewing active traders to determine if I can see their pattern. But I always remember that all strategies are basically comparing themselves to beating the buy and holders. I think "getting out" at key times to avoid big losses is more efficient than getting in for chasing 1 percentage points. I hope that the new ideas keep appearing and those persons do not get discouraged by feedback.

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

Regularguy I agree with you. And that is where the 2 IFT rule cripples us. My litmus test is my brokerage account. Yesterday I bought a thousand shares of AMD and sold it 4 hours later (somebody wanted my shares enough to meet my sell price). Today I bought a thousand shares of AMD and sold it 45 minutes later because somebody had to have it. So I go into the weekend in cash. Wish I could do that in the TSP.

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

Beats me. Fidelity says account is up 25% this year. Ask them. I am not a good investor. Things go screwy if I try to trade more than once a day. Not every day is a winner. The key for me is being in cash at the end of the business day. BETA BETA BETA.

Pay2PLay

Post by Pay2PLay »

crondanet5 wrote:My Fidelity rollover IRA is up 24% this year. Which one do you think I spend more time with?

crondanet5 wrote:Beats me. Fidelity says account is up 25% this year. Ask them. I am not a good investor. Things go screwy if I try to trade more than once a day. Not every day is a winner. The key for me is being in cash at the end of the business day. BETA BETA BETA.

What a lame response. How many times have you strutted your investing prowess around here for the world to admire and now you act like you barely pay attention to your own return rate? Gimme a beak. It’s obvious that you don’t want to admit that you’re not as savvy as you want everyone to think you are and that your profit is nothing near what you would like everyone to believe it is. Like another member so eloquently stated recently, your just a little puppy dog looking for attention from your master Tommie.

fleabag

Post by fleabag »

Yea cron is full of hot air. Mr. Know-it-all and constantly gripping about TSP restrictions. It sure gets old after a while listening to all the negativity. Seems to have nothing positive to say except when heaping the accolades on to Tommie.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

He and I and many others at this site, would honor you with acknowledgment, if you could post anything that was inspiring or advantageous to investing.

Despite your negative covfefe, I have seen crondanet5 be very supportive of young recruits. He was one himself once apron a time, as most of us. Read more and be enlightened.

On another note, there has been so many complaints lately, there has been a special key installed. In the future please press it and you will be provided special attention.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Updated EOD Friday June 23, 2017
Strength, relatively speaking, is still with the F fund. Although the S fund’s dominance in the last two days, could mean there's more upside to come. Image
Mood is up two days in a row. Not much price improvement, but coupled with higher volume and lower volatility, that bodes well. A higher high would also give more confidence.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

fleabag wrote:Yea cron is full of hot air. Mr. Know-it-all and constantly gripping about TSP restrictions. It sure gets old after a while listening to all the negativity. Seems to have nothing positive to say except when heaping the accolades on to Tommie.

Did the TSP server get moved under a bridge? I only ask because it seems like the Trolls are moving in.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

Pay2PLay and fleabag,

We welcome thoughtful discussion on this site. Your personal attacks are not apropos. Asking for details on how he does what he does is entirely different from juvenile insults and pointless posturing. Criticism purely for the sake of criticizing, or posing questions without a sincere desire to learn, is beneath you.

Short version: tone it down and keep a civil tone in your posts.
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters" Epictetus

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Updated EOD Monday June 26, 2017
EOD the C fund gain was 0.03% with very low volume. However volatility was also low, so they kinda canceled each other out. And created a picture with lackluster enthusiasm.

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".