Strength and Mood

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

wisepierre

Re: Strength and Mood

Post by wisepierre »

Here's a list of users with only 2 posts. One in this thread (each), and one in the Fantasy TSP Account forum which all only say "Welcome to my FantasyTSP Account topic..."

The dates are when the accounts were created, all this year. You'll notice quite a few have the same date.

Aggie - April 01
DustOff - April 01
CaseyD - April 03
SantaCruz - April 06
Melfox - April 06
darkmatter - APril 16
Ripcurrent - May 02
GungHo - June 06
spacejunk - June 07
sepulveda - June 14
FreshStart - June 14
GraceLand - June 14
dunebuggy - June 14
TSPjourney - June 15
Jazzin - June 16
Belmont - June 16
Killerbee - June 16
Viktoria - June 19
Warlock - June 20

This is an exceptional amount of new people, let alone regular users, in a thread. The number of users alone is typical to how many posts a thread normally gets.

Anyway, my theory is that most/all of these are sockpuppets, or someone has a lot of friends at work they shared this forum with and all backed each other up. Either way, none of these users seem very genuine.

It seems like quite the coincidence that all these users showed up out of nowhere in this thread, never previously participating in any discussions after having their accounts for months/weeks.

Hmm...

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

wisepierre wrote:I find it very strange that there are a bunch of new accounts with only 2 posts each responding to each other in this thread and crapping on Tomanyiron, and lambasting him for his fantasy TSP balance and returns. All these accounts have been created in the past few months, some on the same days, all have the same crappy attitude, and are anti-Tomanyiron. Seems suspicious to me. Looks like a bunch of sockpuppet accounts.

I appreciate all your hard work Tomanyiron, I love reading your threads and looking at the charts to get a better understanding of the markets as a whole. Thanks man.

Thanks wisepierre. I see what you're talking about. It’s almost as bad as the locust invasion of 1874.
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

wisepierre wrote:Here's a list of users with only 2 posts. One in this thread (each), and one in the Fantasy TSP Account forum which all only say "Welcome to my FantasyTSP Account topic..."

The dates are when the accounts were created, all this year. You'll notice quite a few have the same date.

Aggie - April 01
DustOff - April 01
CaseyD - April 03
SantaCruz - April 06
Melfox - April 06
darkmatter - APril 16
Ripcurrent - May 02
GungHo - June 06
spacejunk - June 07
sepulveda - June 14
FreshStart - June 14
GraceLand - June 14
dunebuggy - June 14
TSPjourney - June 15
Jazzin - June 16
Belmont - June 16
Killerbee - June 16
Viktoria - June 19
Warlock - June 20

This is an exceptional amount of new people, let alone regular users, in a thread. The number of users alone is typical to how many posts a thread normally gets.

Anyway, my theory is that most/all of these are sockpuppets, or someone has a lot of friends at work they shared this forum with and all backed each other up. Either way, none of these users seem very genuine.

It seems like quite the coincidence that all these users showed up out of nowhere in this thread, never previously participating in any discussions after having their accounts for months/weeks.

Hmm...

Yea, and they won't tell me where they stay at. :?

MoreBeer

Post by MoreBeer »

wisepierre wrote:Here's a list of users with only 2 posts. One in this thread (each), and one in the Fantasy TSP Account forum which all only say "Welcome to my FantasyTSP Account topic..."

Aggie - April 01
DustOff - April 01
CaseyD - April 03
SantaCruz - April 06
Melfox - April 06
darkmatter - APril 16
Ripcurrent - May 02
GungHo - June 06
spacejunk - June 07
sepulveda - June 14
FreshStart - June 14
GraceLand - June 14
dunebuggy - June 14
TSPjourney - June 15
Jazzin - June 16
Belmont - June 16
Killerbee - June 16
Viktoria - June 19
Warlock - June 20

Hmm...

There was a new member discussion in another thread. Not sure if it's relevant.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=14240

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Tomanyiron wrote:
evilanne wrote:You guys are too much. I think Tomanyiron has been around long enough to know the various alternatives. Tomany can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm guessing he retired under CSRS and has a pretty good pension and does not need to rely on TSP the way FERS Retirees will have to.

Yes thank you Anne, you're very intuitive.

And cron, "gimme five".

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Aggie - April 01
DustOff - April 01
CaseyD - April 03
SantaCruz - April 06
Melfox - April 06
darkmatter - APril 16
Ripcurrent - May 02
GungHo - June 06
spacejunk - June 07
sepulveda - June 14
FreshStart - June 14
GraceLand - June 14
dunebuggy - June 14
TSPjourney - June 15
Jazzin - June 16
Belmont - June 16
Killerbee - June 16
Viktoria - June 19
Warlock - June 20

Hmm...

Cpayne09 wrote:Yeah, over the last month I shared the site with my flight/squadron. I've managed to gain 465% CAGR for my account since 2011 so why not share the wealth?

Cpay do you know these guys?

mmmmmbeer

Post by mmmmmbeer »

12squared wrote:
mmmmmbeer wrote: "timing" the market. That works oit great for everyone.

Anything other than Buy & Hold is either "timing", whim, or random. Some timing strategies are at regular intervals, e.g. "Seasonal". Some are event driven, e.g. crossing of moving average. Others are more arcane.

TSPcenter is a great place for exchange and debate of ideas. If someone's strategy doesn't agree with you, just ignore it. If you can't hold your words, try to keep your comments neutral, or at least civil.

Yeah I'm gonna sorta have to you know.. disagree with you there. Just moho but to me timing is watching for highs and lows in the current market and trying to jump/time it correcrly in the current market to hedge or bet.

While not buy and hold forever , I think Seasonal is pretty much a monthly buy/hold one fund for a given duration.

Also if you think anything in here wasn't civil you need to probably relax a smidge. Haha...
Last edited by mmmmmbeer on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Those who 'abjure' violence can do so only because others are committing violence on their behalf.

CrocSix

Post by CrocSix »

mmmmmbeer is right. Seasonal is not the same as timing. In fact seasonal is a method that removes the emotional and reactive aspects from the picture. Just so long as the investor stays the course.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Updated EOD Wednesday June 21, 2017
Strength is moving to the F fund.

Mood-wise that’s a lower low. Anyone keeping count? That’s 3 lower highs and 4 lower lows.
Oh, and thanks for all the free publicity, naysayers. I got some more rep. points.
Last edited by Tomanyiron on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

Tommie you should get a special trophy for the most posts in a thread.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

crondanet5 wrote:Tommie you should get a special trophy for the most posts in a thread.

Don't get them guys started again cron. They would probably say "Why don't we get a trophy too, we caused it". :lol:

mmmmmbeer

Post by mmmmmbeer »

Tomanyiron wrote:

Aggie - April 01
DustOff - April 01
CaseyD - April 03
SantaCruz - April 06
Melfox - April 06
darkmatter - APril 16
Ripcurrent - May 02
GungHo - June 06
spacejunk - June 07
sepulveda - June 14
FreshStart - June 14
GraceLand - June 14
dunebuggy - June 14
TSPjourney - June 15
Jazzin - June 16
Belmont - June 16
Killerbee - June 16
Viktoria - June 19
Warlock - June 20

Hmm...

Yea, and they won't tell me where they stay at. :?

I think there were a few military units that joined all together to do an investment challenge.

Can't get too mad at our camo peoples! :)
Those who 'abjure' violence can do so only because others are committing violence on their behalf.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

mmmmmbeer wrote: Can't get too mad at our camo peoples! :)

I'm not mad, I had a lot of fun. Too bad they can't contribute more substance, besides "Mine is bigger than yours, his is bigger than yours".

Mach2

Post by Mach2 »

I guess by reading the analysis here I am a suspect too. First posting since joining in May. Anyway just wanted to say I've enjoyed looking at the many charts and other information presented on the forum. Learned a lot so far. Thanks. :(

StormVet

Post by StormVet »

Mach2 wrote:I guess by reading the analysis here I am a suspect too. First posting since joining in May. Anyway just wanted to say I've enjoyed looking at the many charts and other information presented on the forum. Learned a lot so far. Thanks. :(

Actually this is your second post. When a user enables Fantasy TSP it generates a standard automated post that says "Welcome to my FantasyTSP Account topic..."

Judging by your username I assume you are associated with Air Force or Navy. No offense to you NASA folks if I'm wrong.

P.S. I don't consider you a "suspect". :mrgreen:
“The broker said the stock was "poised to move." Silly me, I thought he meant up.”
― Randy Thurman

Fund Prices2024-04-17

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.25%
F $18.68 0.50% -2.85%
C $78.62 -0.58% 5.72%
S $76.27 -0.89% -1.07%
I $40.66 -0.17% 1.19%
L2065 $15.60 -0.47% 3.17%
L2060 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2055 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2050 $31.39 -0.35% 2.57%
L2045 $14.34 -0.33% 2.47%
L2040 $52.43 -0.31% 2.41%
L2035 $13.87 -0.28% 2.31%
L2030 $46.25 -0.25% 2.24%
L2025 $12.93 -0.12% 1.78%
Linc $25.29 -0.09% 1.55%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".