Reputation Points System

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

Should We Keep Reputation Points System?

Yes the reputation points system has a meaningful purpose and should be kept.
4%
No the reputation points system is useless and should be eliminated.
96%

Total votes: 636

ron.logan

Re: Reputation Points System

Post by ron.logan »

I got the same thing as Midway. Sorry mj.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

mjedlin66 wrote:
ArrieS wrote:I don't know why I have any points at all. I'm a HUGE jerk. Aitrus will attest to that I'm sure.

So evilanne and I have no rep because we are too polite? I ought to try the jerk approach.

Negative rep points are becoming “Red Badges of Courage”. And a contrarian reputation indicator, for the ones giving them.
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

I disagree. The recent spat of negative points have not been given to refute a position, rather, just filled with poison. Reminds me of the negative points I got from Jahbulon.

Timber82

Post by Timber82 »

LoGiK wrote:Useless. Many sites (i.e. bodybuilding.com) use the rep system. People actually "trade reps" as if reps actually mean anything or have any tangible value.

Will give super free trading system away for reps, I rep back btw!

bamablue

Post by bamablue »

Negative rep points are becoming “Red Badges of Courage”. And a contrarian reputation indicator, for the ones giving them.

....or the rep points are a craved affirmation of self-worth for socially awkward, introverts with problems forming close inter-personal relationships with real human beings. Not that I know any of THOSE people. Just a thought...

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

I’m seeing some of the craziest things going on with the reputation point system.
Example 1 - Yesterday at 4:16 pm, ajareds92 gives mjedlin66 positive points. However in the comments, he calls him a “Jerk”.
Example 2 – A little later at 4:52 pm, Five-O gives mjedlin66 negative points. And in the comments, he says “Nice work”.
Example 3 – On the July 7, Chico gives mjedlin66 negative points. But in the comments, he says “I think it's working now. Thanks.”
Example 4- On Wed Jul 12, BigBrenda gives evilanne negative points. But then says, “Good suggestions.”

Would you guys like to explain?
Here is a short list of other members who appear to be PWI: Asiana, BR549, Buckwheat, CrocSix, Duval, jethro, MtnBiker, Tiffany, USA, Viper, WildBill.

catfish

Post by catfish »

Tomanyiron wrote:I’m seeing some of the craziest things going on with the reputation point system.
Example 1 - Yesterday at 4:16 pm, ajareds92 gives mjedlin66 positive points. However in the comments, he calls him a “Jerk”.
Example 2 – A little later at 4:52 pm, Five-O gives mjedlin66 negative points. And in the comments, he says “Nice work”.
Example 3 – On the July 7, Chico gives mjedlin66 negative points. But in the comments, he says “I think it's working now. Thanks.”
Example 4- On Wed Jul 12, BigBrenda gives evilanne negative points. But then says, “Good suggestions.”

Would you guys like to explain?
Here is a short list of other members who appear to be PWI: Asiana, BR549, Buckwheat, CrocSix, Duval, jethro, MtnBiker, Tiffany, USA, Viper, WildBill.

After reading this I went and found negative reputation points recently given by these users too:

maui21ice
cswift01
wdd09
wisepierre
phxmrc
Wazzu82
evilanne
squatchETF
Ofsthun01
mjedlin66

:roll:

Navig8tor

Post by Navig8tor »

Tomanyiron wrote:I’m seeing some of the craziest things going on with the reputation point system

Maybe hackers are colluding with the Russians to rig the Rep Point System. You know, like the icons are both programmed to give NEGATIVE rep points. Maybe the Clinton's are somehow involved in it...
Navig8tor
CWO4 (BOSN)
USCG, RET

jeffbarnes

Post by jeffbarnes »

catfish wrote:After reading this I went and found negative reputation points recently given by these users too:

maui21ice
cswift01
wdd09
wisepierre
phxmrc
Wazzu82
evilanne
squatchETF
Ofsthun01
mjedlin66

LOL. There are a few on that list that qualify as "the pot calling the kettle black" :lol:

Quebec

Post by Quebec »

Yep. There's a sizeable "holier-than-thou" crowd on this site for sure.

TheRussian

Post by TheRussian »

Navig8tor wrote:
Tomanyiron wrote:I’m seeing some of the craziest things going on with the reputation point system

Maybe hackers are colluding with the Russians to rig the Rep Point System. You know, like the icons are both programmed to give NEGATIVE rep points. Maybe the Clinton's are somehow involved in it...

Shhhh. Nothing to see here folks, move along please.

Pssst…Hillary, Bill, get back in the closet.
:shock:

BigGeorge

Post by BigGeorge »

Navig8tor wrote:

A more likely suspect would be Barry O. He and Michelle got this whole Russian thing started.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

catfish wrote:After reading this I went and found negative reputation points recently given by these users too:

maui21ice
cswift01
wdd09
wisepierre
phxmrc
Wazzu82
evilanne
squatchETF
Ofsthun01
mjedlin66

Do any of these give positive points, but with negative comments, or vice-versa?

12squared

Post by 12squared »

Changing directions, anyone heard of win-win or lose-lose conflict outcomes?

Consider a system where you are proportionately rewarded for awarding positive points, and proportionately penalized for awarding negative points. For example, for every positive 5 points you bestow, you get a 1 positive point in your own account; and for every negative 5, you take a hit for 2 or 3?
“The genius of investing is recognizing the direction of the trend – not catching the highs or the lows.”
- Dean Witter

"Put all your eggs in one basket and then watch that basket."
- Andrew Carnegie

fleabag

Post by fleabag »

Everyone here is missing the larger picture. No one has even mentioned the possibility of extraterrestrial involvement. They are out there man!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qGTjIcVDAU

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".