They Banned tspcenter.com from our gov browsers

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

mmmmmbeer

They Banned tspcenter.com from our gov browsers

Post by mmmmmbeer »

Happened last year. Me and a buddy would look at it once in awhile or have it up in the background.

Tried to open the page one day... the big warning plackard pops up. UNAUTHORIZED SITE.. US Gov blah blah blah.

I'm sure it's my agency IT geschtapo but dunno.. maybe cause we got forums here?

Anyway 95% of me here now is on my phone.

You guys?
Those who 'abjure' violence can do so only because others are committing violence on their behalf.

Jokerswild

Re: They Banned tspcenter.com from our gov browsers

Post by Jokerswild »

Sometimes certain aspects of TSPCenter get blocked here while I'm at work, but for now it's allowed here on my side of the country.
Shawn AKA "Joker"

"How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case." - Robert G. Allen

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

Works just fine for me. Sometimes I can't see charts, pics or other uploads, but everything else works ok. Maybe you can ask for an exception since it's an important reference for you when it comes to your retirement planning and TSP investments.
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
Support the site by purchasing a membership at TSPCalc! https://tspcalc.com

mattch45

Post by mattch45 »

Jokerswild wrote:Sometimes certain aspects of TSPCenter get blocked here while I'm at work, but for now it's allowed here on my side of the country.

Same here. Check back in a week and it's bound to be different. Seems like sometimes it gets flagged as social media due to the forums.

mmmmmbeer

Post by mmmmmbeer »

mattch45 wrote:
Jokerswild wrote:Sometimes certain aspects of TSPCenter get blocked here while I'm at work, but for now it's allowed here on my side of the country.

Same here. Check back in a week and it's bound to be different. Seems like sometimes it gets flagged as social media due to the forums.

The stupid thing is they allow the facebooks no problem! Haha.. and this is banned. Cripes....
Those who 'abjure' violence can do so only because others are committing violence on their behalf.

MakeMe$$$$

Post by MakeMe$$$$ »

mmmmmbeer wrote:Happened last year. Me and a buddy would look at it once in awhile or have it up in the background.

Tried to open the page one day... the big warning plackard pops up. UNAUTHORIZED SITE.. US Gov blah blah blah.

I'm sure it's my agency IT geschtapo but dunno.. maybe cause we got forums here?

Anyway 95% of me here now is on my phone.

You guys?

As one of those that was part of the "IT geschtapo" I did block TSPc in some areas. To be specific, it was blocked in computers within the Air Traffic Operational areas like in the tower cab in radar room. It was not blocked in administrative areas. Many sites not related to operations were also blocked. In fact, ops computers blocked all sites until they were approved.

I would suggest it is appropriate to perform such blocking within any work area that deals with safety critical functions were distractions are not a good thing. OTOH, I don't see why it would be blocked in other areas. Admin computers were filtered differently so blocking TSPc would have required actively blocking it.

There are some folks in management that want to make the argument that TSPc access would affect work productivity but IMHO that is not founded in fact. Folks can stair at the official TSP.GOV site all day if it is allowed.

However, that seems so long ago and I'm certain policies have changed since then And yes, I got a bunch of crap for blocking TSPc in ops areas. :lol:
Don
Rolled over to Fidelity 2/24/18.
Fantasy still playing with Daily Strategy 12767.

emmvee

Post by emmvee »

Hasn't been flagged here.

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

My website is blocked for most DoD I think. It seems arbitrary.
Owner/creator of TSPcalc.com - "Know your numbers"

Scarfinger

Post by Scarfinger »

mjedlin66 wrote:My website is blocked for most DoD I think. It seems arbitrary.

That has been my experience in government so far. If someone higher up thinks it works a certain way...then that is the way things are done even if it is not per policy.

If you show them the policy... you are now the problem child.

This website works for me in my VA region, VISN 10. But I would guess it's not uniformly unblocked or blocked throughout the VA.
I am just an average Joe. I have no clue to what the market will do.
TimboSlice wrote: "People really need to stop overthinking this."
Paul Merriman 2 fund strat: (age - 25) x2.5 = TDF + balance into S fund or variation of

SmokingGun

Post by SmokingGun »

Haven't hit my site yet. Hope they leave us up and running.

Dela444

Post by Dela444 »

The site works here on Mountain Home AFB.

Fund Prices2024-04-22

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.20 0.04% 1.31%
F $18.65 0.05% -2.97%
C $78.45 0.87% 5.49%
S $76.84 1.01% -0.33%
I $41.04 1.23% 2.13%
L2065 $15.65 1.01% 3.49%
L2060 $15.65 1.01% 3.49%
L2055 $15.65 1.01% 3.50%
L2050 $31.47 0.84% 2.83%
L2045 $14.37 0.79% 2.72%
L2040 $52.55 0.74% 2.64%
L2035 $13.90 0.68% 2.53%
L2030 $46.34 0.62% 2.44%
L2025 $12.95 0.36% 1.91%
Linc $25.32 0.29% 1.67%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".