North Korea Bad...

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

mmmmmbeer

North Korea Bad...

Post by mmmmmbeer »

F Fund Good! :D
Those who 'abjure' violence can do so only because others are committing violence on their behalf.

Snapdragon

Re: North Korea Bad...

Post by Snapdragon »

I'm not yet convinced that this is a black swan event. But we shall see what happens.....

mmmmmbeer

Post by mmmmmbeer »

Snapdragon wrote:I'm not yet convinced that this is a black swan event. But we shall see what happens.....

One or two days doth not make a trend, but yeah. Not to shabs of a day if the F holds.
Last edited by mmmmmbeer on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Those who 'abjure' violence can do so only because others are committing violence on their behalf.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Yes most likely the F fund will end the day up. But the question is, if your not in the F already, and in one of the stock funds, what to do? Often these crisis pass and then there is a huge bounce.
Questions:
1-Transfer to F or G before noon?
2-Transfer after noon, allowing for a rebound?
3-Stay calm and make a decision after today. See what's tomorrow looks like
4- Follow the leaders, that are in the stock funds, and have not submitted IFTs.
5- If you can, transfer to the worse performing fund (S) today, as Sig and I have, and close your eyes.
Last edited by Tomanyiron on Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

bad70nova

Post by bad70nova »

Stay on whatever course you have chosen to follow. The movement today is just a little movement. nothing major. I will stay in the f as the seasonal says, the leaders who are in the I fund have been there all year, just so happened if you look back most of them have been there forever and just getting a good year out of this so far. Who knows what the future holds, if I did I would be farther ahead then I am now and sitting on my own island beach right now. With that said does anyone know the power ball numbers for tonight?

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Edit, added #5- If you can, transfer to the worse performing fund (S) today, as Sig and I have, and close your eyes.

wisepierre

Post by wisepierre »

I'm expecting a bounceback sometime this week or next as the world realizes this NK situation is still the same as it ever was.

NK aren't stupid enough to attack first, because then the whole world can go "Look! See? They are troublesome. Get them!"

And hopefully the US isn't stupid enough to attack first either, which would be equally bad for us. I'm trusting this is more of tough talk Trump with minimal action (more than likely just no action).

Hopefully McMaster and Mattis are in control behind the scenes as far as military actions go. It makes no sense to drastically change the status quo at this moment.

Once the next news cycle ends, which might not be until Trump returns from vacation sadly, I'm confident the markets will rebound back to normal.

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

Watch the recovery this afternoon. The Group is at work.

Jokerswild

Post by Jokerswild »

Yeah I was going to move to F fund myself and awaiting my time to jump to the S for a nice bounce, but after seeing the initial reactions, I didn't want to be buying into the F this afternoon while it was on a high.

I'm still looking at possibly awaiting a nice entry into the F for a few days, and then move to the S near the end of the month because based on moving averages, it would appear that it's getting to be a good time for a nice upward momentum of the Dow. (or I'm completely wrong because I don't have a crystal ball on order just yet)
Shawn AKA "Joker"

"How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case." - Robert G. Allen

mmmmmbeer

Post by mmmmmbeer »

Jokerswild wrote:Yeah I was going to move to F fund myself and awaiting my time to jump to the S for a nice bounce, but after seeing the initial reactions, I didn't want to be buying into the F this afternoon while it was on a high.

I'm still looking at possibly awaiting a nice entry into the F for a few days, and then move to the S near the end of the month because based on moving averages, it would appear that it's getting to be a good time for a nice upward momentum of the Dow. (or I'm completely wrong because I don't have a crystal ball on order just yet)

The S Fund bump is scheduled for Aug 24th... that is all. :D

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

Funny, Trump threatens North Korea and a short time later news reports that the FBI raided Trump's campaign chair's home. Almost like he was trying to create a distraction from that news release.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

mmmmmbeer

Post by mmmmmbeer »

ArrieS wrote:Funny, Trump threatens North Korea and a short time later news reports that the FBI raided Trump's campaign chair's home. Almost like he was trying to create a distraction from that news release.

Haha... dude you are so trying to draw folks into a political fight with you. I'm betting folks on CNN, MSM, and Fox Finance will indulge all the banter you'd like.

I think we start a focus group to float the idea of taking a poll about entering into a no contest agreement of keeping politics off our bored.

Thanks!

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

mmmmmbeer wrote:
ArrieS wrote:Funny, Trump threatens North Korea and a short time later news reports that the FBI raided Trump's campaign chair's home. Almost like he was trying to create a distraction from that news release.

Haha... dude you are so trying to draw folks into a political fight with you. I'm betting folks on CNN, MSM, and Fox Finance will indulge all the banter you'd like.

I think we start a focus group to float the idea of taking a poll about entering into a no contest agreement of keeping politics off our bored.

Thanks!

In politics, there's no such thing as a coincidence. The market reaction is to the Presidents tweet, isn't it? It's on topic. I wasn't the first one to talk about it.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

meddian

Post by meddian »

yes..no...not this time you didn't.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

mmmmmbeer wrote:...I think we start a focus group to float the idea of taking a poll about entering into a no contest agreement of keeping politics off our bored.

Freudian slip?

Fund Prices2024-03-27

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.14 0.01% 1.00%
F $19.09 0.26% -0.68%
C $82.11 0.87% 10.42%
S $82.19 1.48% 6.61%
I $42.68 0.56% 6.21%
L2065 $16.38 0.84% 8.36%
L2060 $16.38 0.84% 8.36%
L2055 $16.39 0.84% 8.36%
L2050 $32.73 0.71% 6.94%
L2045 $14.91 0.67% 6.56%
L2040 $54.37 0.63% 6.20%
L2035 $14.34 0.58% 5.77%
L2030 $47.66 0.53% 5.35%
L2025 $13.14 0.31% 3.40%
Linc $25.60 0.24% 2.79%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".