TSP Center Data Call for week of August 20, 2017:            

TSP Center - The Thrift Savings Plan Community

"FantasyTSP™ and Discussion Forum for the Thrift Savings Plan Investor"

Recommend TSP Center Register  •  Search  •  FantasyTSP Trophies   

Board index » Thrift Savings Plan » General TSP Discussion

Join now for full access to TSP Center

This topic has 33 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view topic replies.

or 

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:26 pm 

Flag: United States (us)

Reputation point: 85
So last year in May 2016 a co-worker and I found this site and of course the Seasonal Mixes. We made a pact to try one of them for a year, and used the "Jahbulon's Old Mix". We did pretty well @ 14% on the year, and we messed up July 2016, deviating from the plan, so we should have been 17%.

We waited a full year to tell anyone because... you know... we wanted to make sure this wasn't just a pipe dream and we were going to be the laughing stock of our entire agency by losing scads of our money in this Seasonal Mix Scam! Haha.....

Anyway... about June 2017 with a pretty danged good 12 months under our belts I started telling my friends at work. Some got it right away, some took some pretty in depth discussion. Several pretty intelligent numbery type guys took the seasonal musings and workbooks home with them as homework to try to figure out how it was bullsh!t... haha! Every single guy came back after pouring over the information and were floored. They each are following a mix now.

I'll say in the last 2-3 months I know of at least 12-18 folks following a Seasonal Mix, and there are 3 of us doing a Daily Mix.

Of the probably 20 guys I've spoken with from at least 5 different agencies... I'd say at least 18 are following now. I don't know if they've come here and are checking out the forums.

Anyway... I think it's pretty awesome and either we're all going to be millionaires before it's said and done or I may have to change my name and move out of country!

That being said... I've really had to put the caviat out there that it's up to them. I've had several email me the last couple months before IFT time and say... ok.. which one do I put it all in now mmmmm...beer? I'm like, well... you really need to look at the plan you've decided to follow and do what it says.

Many folks don't seem to want to do any homework, they just want someone else to do all the work and tell them what to do. I can see why those guys who run the pay sites are doing well, even though the Sell in May and Go away usually beats them.

So... if you do start telling your people.... a couple points of advice. Be sure to gauge your audience. If they won't be able to understand it, don't bother or your going to get a glazed look. Those are the folks I direct into one of the L Funds. Number two... be prepared for several of them to just call you asking what to do each month. It's up to you to either tell them or tell them to consult the workbooks.

Last edited by mmmmmbeer on Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile FantasyTSP  

Board index » Thrift Savings Plan » General TSP Discussion