I hate I was not in the I fund Fri

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

evilanne

Re: I hate I was not in the I fund Fri

Post by evilanne »

It looks like only 6 people with any percentage in I Fund made IFTs on Oct 6 per the 1st page of the leader board (spin360, Mango, Jeohrstrom, twarr3, aloysius, masoiss), displacing others; others may have been impacted further down The buy and hold folks in the I fund have correct 21.33% YTD. The I fund gained 0.91% today.

Note: no-one intentionally moved to take advantage of the error as they had to make the IFT prior to noon EST on Friday.

Jokerswild

Post by Jokerswild »

ngood2345 wrote:Still upset. This site needs to go back and see everyone who owned the I fund on that day and correct their individual accounts. Then put the correct info into the chart data files for each day. Make the person or persons who did this fix it. Make it very painful for them. I mean lots of free work time fixing the problem. Then...hopefully they will remember to check their number before they post them.
With due respect, you're going to need to calm the anger down a few degrees. This website is to help others succeed, and I believe it does just that. The error that occurred was a computing error which does happen every now and again, but it doesn't effect your real TSP account, just the fantasy one. It would appear that when the data was pulled, it used S funds closing price for both S and I as of 6 Oct. As Evilanne stated, nobody could have possibly known or taken advantage of this error because in order to make an IFT, it would have needed to be done prior to 12pm EST, and this data was incorrectly pulled at around 9pm EST.

This will eventually be corrected, so have faith. This site was created and paid for by one investor. Only that person can correct an error like this, and they aren't always sitting around a computer just monitoring the site. We have a couple moderators here that help clean up the forums, but as far as "fixing the glitch" we have to await TSPKing. Once he/she goes in and corrects that one closing cost price, everything will automatically fix itself in the fantasy accounts. For those members that made IFTs out of the I fund on COB, they are just temporarily blessed on their fantasy accounts, but will soon lose those gains when the site is corrected. Woooooosahhhh
Shawn AKA "Joker"

"How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case." - Robert G. Allen

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

Jokerswild wrote:
ngood2345 wrote:Still upset. This site needs to go back and see everyone who owned the I fund on that day and correct their individual accounts. Then put the correct info into the chart data files for each day. Make the person or persons who did this fix it. Make it very painful for them. I mean lots of free work time fixing the problem. Then...hopefully they will remember to check their number before they post them.
With due respect, you're going to need to calm the anger down a few degrees. This website is to help others succeed, and I believe it does just that. The error that occurred was a computing error which does happen every now and again, but it doesn't effect your real TSP account, just the fantasy one. It would appear that when the data was pulled, it used S funds closing price for both S and I as of 6 Oct. As Evilanne stated, nobody could have possibly known or taken advantage of this error because in order to make an IFT, it would have needed to be done prior to 12pm EST, and this data was incorrectly pulled at around 9pm EST.

This will eventually be corrected, so have faith. This site was created and paid for by one investor. Only that person can correct an error like this, and they aren't always sitting around a computer just monitoring the site. We have a couple moderators here that help clean up the forums, but as far as "fixing the glitch" we have to await TSPKing. Once he/she goes in and corrects that one closing cost price, everything will automatically fix itself in the fantasy accounts. For those members that made IFTs out of the I fund on COB, they are just temporarily blessed on their fantasy accounts, but will soon lose those gains when the site is corrected. Woooooosahhhh
For a Joker .... you have words of wisdom and reason.

spin360

Post by spin360 »

evilanne wrote:It looks like only 6 people with any percentage in I Fund made IFTs on Oct 6 per the 1st page of the leader board (spin360, Mango, Jeohrstrom, twarr3, aloysius, masoiss), displacing others; others may have been impacted further down The buy and hold folks in the I fund have correct 21.33% YTD. The I fund gained 0.91% today.

Note: no-one intentionally moved to take advantage of the error as they had to make the IFT prior to noon EST on Friday.
I saw that error a few days ago but didn't realize I was in I fund at the time to take "advantage" of it. Too bad it wasn't real!

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

Thank you for your words, Joker. King has been notified of the problem, and he will address it when he's able to.
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
Support the site by purchasing a membership at TSPCalc! https://tspcalc.com

Jokerswild

Post by Jokerswild »

It's fixed now, everyone can put away the pitch forks :)
Shawn AKA "Joker"

"How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case." - Robert G. Allen

Fund Prices2024-04-17

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.25%
F $18.68 0.50% -2.85%
C $78.62 -0.58% 5.72%
S $76.27 -0.89% -1.07%
I $40.66 -0.17% 1.19%
L2065 $15.60 -0.47% 3.17%
L2060 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2055 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2050 $31.39 -0.35% 2.57%
L2045 $14.34 -0.33% 2.47%
L2040 $52.43 -0.31% 2.41%
L2035 $13.87 -0.28% 2.31%
L2030 $46.25 -0.25% 2.24%
L2025 $12.93 -0.12% 1.78%
Linc $25.29 -0.09% 1.55%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".