So our PIP's are gonna get a smack eh?

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

mmmmmbeer

So our PIP's are gonna get a smack eh?

Post by mmmmmbeer »

Unless the market goes crazy in the next week and a half, we won't be even close to our November 2017 numbers folks.

C Fund (current) = 0.31%

C Fund (2016) = 3.71%

and...

S Fund (current) = 0.07%

S Fund (2016) = 7.95%

Sooooo... ouch. I was in Jahbulons's last year for Nov and my current 23.36% PIP is taking the Nov 2016 C Funds 3.71% into effect. Not so much this year. :(

Just hoping the S fund I'm in for the rest of the month can pick up a little so I can at least maintain a 20% PIP. Though, the Daily Mix I'm following is @ +0.95% so far so there's a chance at least.

Thoughts?
Those who 'abjure' violence can do so only because others are committing violence on their behalf.

fatchance

Re: So our PIP's are gonna get a smack eh?

Post by fatchance »

Last November and December were very unusual because of Trump rally. The only thing we can hope for now is the tax reform.

never_nuff

Post by never_nuff »

Trump rally is dead.

mindofmush

Post by mindofmush »

Spain's economy recovered dramatically from its recession because it had no president or government party getting in the way (unemployment was down and economy grew at approx 3% during that 10 months).

The Democrat party and the democrats-in-republican-clothes have been effective in keeping Trump from accomplishing his campaign promises, so we effectively have a deadlocked government that hasn't gotten in-the-way of economic growth for the past 10 months.

The Talking Heads called it the Trump Rally because they didn't know why the economy was improving and were expecting a crash in February to blame on Trump. The economic indicators say that the "rally" isn't over yet which is more believable than the Talking Heads.

If you believe the "Trump Rally" is dead then run to the G fund so you can say "I told you so" when the crash comes.
mo meng, mo ching (which loosely means: no money, no life)

evilanne

Post by evilanne »

Agree mindofmush. Supports the statement that "The best government is that which governs least."

badboy

Post by badboy »

mindofmush wrote:Spain's economy recovered dramatically from its recession because it had no president or government party getting in the way (unemployment was down and economy grew at approx 3% during that 10 months).

The Democrat party and the democrats-in-republican-clothes have been effective in keeping Trump from accomplishing his campaign promises, so we effectively have a deadlocked government that hasn't gotten in-the-way of economic growth for the past 10 months.

The Talking Heads called it the Trump Rally because they didn't know why the economy was improving and were expecting a crash in February to blame on Trump. The economic indicators say that the "rally" isn't over yet which is more believable than the Talking Heads.

If you believe the "Trump Rally" is dead then run to the G fund so you can say "I told you so" when the crash comes.
Well said, agree. :mrgreen:

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

mindofmush wrote:Spain's economy recovered dramatically from its recession because it had no president or government party getting in the way (unemployment was down and economy grew at approx 3% during that 10 months).

Great! Hopefully they will get the opportunity to cut our pay, our jobs, retirement and everything else.

https://federalnewsradio.com/federal-ne ... ributions/

badboy

Post by badboy »

They knew that any attempt to negatively tinker with TSP would meet tough resistance.

dougellen1

Post by dougellen1 »

cswift....is your real name Bernie Sanders? Stop with all the negative waves dude.

Greenangle

Post by Greenangle »

mmmmmbeer wrote: Just hoping the S fund I'm in for the rest of the month can pick up a little so I can at least maintain a 20% PIP. Though, the Daily Mix I'm following is @ +0.95% so far so there's a chance at least.
Almost as soon as you posted that the S has gone nowhere but up :)

At .56% for the day at the start and almost 1% for the last two trading days. Maybe you should complain more often :wink:

mmmmmbeer

Post by mmmmmbeer »

Greenangle wrote:
mmmmmbeer wrote: Just hoping the S fund I'm in for the rest of the month can pick up a little so I can at least maintain a 20% PIP. Though, the Daily Mix I'm following is @ +0.95% so far so there's a chance at least.
Almost as soon as you posted that the S has gone nowhere but up :)

At .56% for the day at the start and almost 1% for the last two trading days. Maybe you should complain more often :wink:

Haha..I know huh! :D. Was up to +0.80's there for a bit!
Those who 'abjure' violence can do so only because others are committing violence on their behalf.

mmmmmbeer

Post by mmmmmbeer »

Alrighty.. I lied.. my PIP should go up a smidgen.. like .04%

Fund Prices2024-03-27

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.14 0.01% 1.00%
F $19.09 0.26% -0.68%
C $82.11 0.87% 10.42%
S $82.19 1.48% 6.61%
I $42.68 0.56% 6.21%
L2065 $16.38 0.84% 8.36%
L2060 $16.38 0.84% 8.36%
L2055 $16.39 0.84% 8.36%
L2050 $32.73 0.71% 6.94%
L2045 $14.91 0.67% 6.56%
L2040 $54.37 0.63% 6.20%
L2035 $14.34 0.58% 5.77%
L2030 $47.66 0.53% 5.35%
L2025 $13.14 0.31% 3.40%
Linc $25.60 0.24% 2.79%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".