TSP Web Site Down

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

Jake

TSP Web Site Down

Post by Jake »

The TSP web site is down an not able to process interfund transfers! I just called the help line and was told to try again up until Noon Eastern time. Unbelievably, they have no contingency plan of how to take orders if their system does not come back up by Noon and I cannot therefore get today's end of market price for my transfer. Can you believe that??

bamablue

Re: TSP Web Site Down

Post by bamablue »

I've been trying to get on the site for the last 45 minutes... Doesn't look like it's going to happen with less than 3 minutes till the transaction deadline.

jacobkb

Post by jacobkb »

Been trying all morning :( Not too happy with them. No messages on their homepage to warn of the technical issues. Now, I am stuck for another day...

Jake

Post by Jake »

12:03 PM Eastern: Still not able to get in. Very frustrating that they have no contingency plan for when something like this happens.

SurelyJame

Post by SurelyJame »

Can't say I'm surprised. Since we're not supposed to be 'market timing', I think they couldn't care less.

Jake

Post by Jake »

While I understand your comment, I haven't placed an interfund transfer since November. So this had nothing to do with market timing! It has everything to do with the fact that they run a billion dollar service and do not have any contingency plans!

malomace

Post by malomace »

Site is back up!

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

Just logged in and looks like TSP is up.

SurelyJame

Post by SurelyJame »

Exactly!
Jake wrote:It has everything to do with the fact that they run a billion dollar service and do not have any contingency plans!

TopNotch

Post by TopNotch »

Well, at least the closing share prices were online early today!
David Tepper - "There is a time to make money and a time to not lose money."

Warren Buffett - "Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1."

oldjack

Post by oldjack »

What a failure!

Since FRTIB doesn't care, they're nearly as bad as Equifax, the only option is to complain to your Congressperson about how FRTIB is failing and damaging you directly.

FRTIB is only serving their own interests, not that of TSP participants at all.

The worst service ever with the most restrictions - this would put a brokerage out of business.

evilanne

Post by evilanne »

It could be to your benefit to wait since the funds closed higher today.

They didn't get system on line before the cut off today. I called at 11:50 CST (12:50 EST) and they had just gotten system back up

They took a week to reject my withdrawal request--lesson learned: don't use a gel pen to fill out anything on their forms. Trace from writing a one in their little block apparently was interpreted as a zero when it connected to the box line. Doesn't matter that the date in notary signature block was clear. This convinces me that they work really hard for any reason to reject withdrawal requests. Maybe they would not have rejected it if it had been mailed rather than faxed. Notices are sent by mail and no explanation is given online other than received or rejected. Not happy with TSP :twisted:

SurelyJame

Post by SurelyJame »

Let's see, the MVA, DMV, FTC, etc., come to mind.
oldjack wrote:The worst service ever with the most restrictions - this would put a brokerage out of business.

rcozby

Post by rcozby »

evilanne wrote:They took a week to reject my withdrawal request--lesson learned: don't use a gel pen to fill out anything on their forms. Trace from writing a one in their little block apparently was interpreted as a zero when it connected to the box line. Doesn't matter that the date in notary signature block was clear. This convinces me that they work really hard for any reason to reject withdrawal requests. Maybe they would not have rejected it if it had been mailed rather than faxed. Notices are sent by mail and no explanation is given online other than received or rejected. Not happy with TSP :twisted:
Yow! So, did they get back to you in enough time so that you could get it corrected?

I have always mailed my forms and haven't had any issues, but I lose much sleep fearing what you have experienced, since they don't send confirmations until after the deadline for corrections is long past.

evilanne

Post by evilanne »

I re-faxed yesterday after going over the 1 & 7 with a different pen and annotating the existing form. They did not show it as received this morning when I spoke to someone who was very understanding & empathetic. It is currently showing pending in my TSP account now so 7-10 days for processing and 4-5 days for direct deposit. It could take less time but that is their standard answer and little fidelity in the information they provide within your account during the process. We will see if they accept it now.

I am convinced that they go out of there way to find a way to reject anything submitted and discourage you from withdrawing your money. In one call to TSP re: tax withholding, the representative could not tell me approximately how much would be withheld based projected amount & filing status but she did point out that by age 70.5 my payment would drop to half of my current calculated payment, which would be true only if I had a 0% rate of return for the next 17 years :roll: Some of the folks answering the phone are very helpful, others not so much and some provide bad advice. I do think most are trying to be helpful.

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".