Why is the F Fund doing so terribly?

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

evilanne

Re: Why is the F Fund doing so terribly?

Post by evilanne »

:roll:

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

"If the the F fund doesn't want to make money anymore, nobody's going to stop it" :roll: :shock:
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

mjedlin66 wrote:
mmmmmbeer wrote:I been talkin mad shiss ab out the F fund for 6 months.. and catchin hell for it. Now... look.. somebody look at this!
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Unless it's a military clock. Then it's only right once.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

cswift01 wrote:
jlozano042 wrote:
MrSnrub wrote:Ah, but the difference is: I'm not asking what is it GOING to do in the future, I'm asking how did it get to this point in time right now.
Oh ... my mistake friend. Let me .... get off the lawn real quick. :o
Is that you Rand?
:twisted: Whatever happened to that story? Did it ever come out why the *neighbor* rushed and broke him?
Last edited by jlozano042 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

jlozano042 wrote:
cswift01 wrote:
Is that you Rand?
:twisted: Whatever happened to that story? Did it ever come out why the neighborhood rushed and broke him?
Haha.

Yeah, supposedly things were thrown around from he was different politically to he had something wrong with the way Rand's lawn looked. I have learned in the past that you can always try to judge someone's actions as if (a) they were well thought out and intelligent or (b) as stupid. I'm typically an idealist, but in this case it smells like (b). https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/rand-p ... on-n840126

On another note, I had hoped there was something more interesting, like pizzagate or twinkies involved...

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

cswift01 wrote: Haha.

Yeah, supposedly things were thrown around from he was different politically to he had something wrong with the way Rand's lawn looked. I have learned in the past that you can always try to judge someone's actions as if (a) they were well thought out and intelligent or (b) as stupid. I'm typically an idealist, but in this case it smells like (b). https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/rand-p ... on-n840126

On another note, I had hoped there was something more interesting, like pizzagate or twinkies involved...
Wow - reading the article. I didn't know it was because of yard maintenance, I assumed it was over politics. Here are a few good quotes from the site:

"Boucher is "very meticulous" about how he maintains his yard, while Paul takes "a much different approach" to the upkeep of his property, Baker said last week.

Meaning Rand doesn't give an F about his lawn! ;)

"According to the court document, Boucher said he saw Paul stacking more brush onto an existing pile and had "had enough." Boucher made a "running tackle" of Paul in the lawmaker's yard, it said."

That is freaking bizarre ... instead of a running tackle I would have done a "stink face" on him against the brush.

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

jlozano042 wrote:

Wow - reading the article. I didn't know it was because of yard maintenance, I assumed it was over politics. Here are a few good quotes from the site:

"Boucher is "very meticulous" about how he maintains his yard, while Paul takes "a much different approach" to the upkeep of his property, Baker said last week.

"According to the court document, Boucher said he saw Paul stacking more brush onto an existing pile and had "had enough." Boucher made a "running tackle" of Paul in the lawmaker's yard, it said."

That is freaking bizarre ... instead of a running tackle I would have done a "stink face" on him against the brush.
I saw someone charged for a "stink face" once. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26877682/ns/u ... o2szqko-9c
Last edited by cswift01 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

cswift01 wrote:
jlozano042 wrote:

I saw someone charged for a "stink face" one. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/26877682/ns/u ... o2szqko-9c
:lol: Wow ... WV for the win. I could see someone really drunk and pissed doing that - I bet he did do it intentionally. Great article cswift01, going to keep this one for a bit and pass it around (no pun intended) to my coworkers.

bizkikr

Post by bizkikr »

For the last 25 years the bond market was recipient of a Fed rate lowering. Now the new blood will experience the other side of a rising rate. Simple knowledge of bonds for those unaware, when rates rise the value of the bond lowers. This is an inverse relation. Therefore, current holders of bonds are seeing the value lower since current rates are rising compared to the current bonds issued earlier at a lower rate. In addition the risk free rate is receiving upward pressure due to further inflation. In summary, now is a terrible time to be in bonds and certainly the F fund. The G fund will have much less volatility due to special t-bills issued only to the TSP fund that should eek out more return than an average money market fund.

Octjan2

Post by Octjan2 »

Why would the bond market sell off after the Fed minutes??? The comments were somewhat dovish. I have read some articles that say it is because the last meeting was before the better than expected jobs report and inflation data and, therefore, if the Fed would have had that info they would have been more hawkish. Are you kidding me???? That essentially means no matter what was said in the minutes the market was going down regardless. The only reason the Dow was up 300 points the minutes after was so these Wall Street punks could lull people into buying before they sold off. More proof of the rigged market.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

Octjan2 wrote:.More proof of the rigged market.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

TSP Jedi

Post by TSP Jedi »

pump and dump is what happened today

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

jlozano042 wrote:
:lol: Wow ... WV for the win. I could see someone really drunk and pissed doing that - I bet he did do it intentionally. Great article cswift01, going to keep this one for a bit and pass it around (no pun intended) to my coworkers.
I'm not entirely trying to go for the win, but this one takes the "cherry" for those stories:

https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/847577/ ... -in-de-ban

It's in Dutch and was popular in the Dutch news a few months ago (so you would have to use Google Translate). I don't know if the story is as entertaining as the picture.

Enjoy!

Best,

Me

Edit: On another note, that picture often reminds me of what happened to our January gains...

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

cswift01 wrote:
jlozano042 wrote:
I'm not entirely trying to go for the win, but this one takes the "cherry" for those stories:

https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/847577/ ... -in-de-ban

It's in Dutch and was popular in the Dutch news a few months ago (so you would have to use Google Translate). I don't know if the story is as entertaining as the picture.

Enjoy!

Best,

Me

Edit: On another note, that picture often reminds me of what happened to our January gains...
Sir you win the Internet today :lol:

Loose translation of the headlines "BERLIN - A fart has cost 23 Berlin police officers 17 hours of their time. This can be read in the official answer given by the German Senate to a question about a curious incident last year. A man answered during an identity check a question from an agent with a fart. He was fined 900 euros."

But I don't think the picture is the ACTUAL picture of the event (of course). But it is a damn good keeper and i want to know more!!!! :lol:

12squared

Post by 12squared »

bizkikr wrote:For the last 25 years the bond market was recipient of a Fed rate lowering. Now the new blood will experience the other side of a rising rate. Simple knowledge of bonds for those unaware, when rates rise the value of the bond lowers. This is an inverse relation. Therefore, current holders of bonds are seeing the value lower since current rates are rising compared to the current bonds issued earlier at a lower rate. In addition the risk free rate is receiving upward pressure due to further inflation. In summary, now is a terrible time to be in bonds and certainly the F fund. The G fund will have much less volatility due to special t-bills issued only to the TSP fund that should eek out more return than an average money market fund.
cswift01 wrote:In looking at my daily (15535) it shows to move (actually yesterday) to the F fund. This is probably because of this
https://www.treasurydirect.gov/instit/i ... m?upcoming
Lawn sports aside, bond yields have been declining over the course of several decades. Sort term increases in F might be attributable to a general rush to buy bonds after treasury auctions, with the expectation that prices will be even higher later. With a reversal of the yield trend, one might expect prices to be even lower at the next auction, giving the incentive to sell now before they lose even more value. Compounding all of this is the Fed selling off billions of what they acquired during QE.
“The genius of investing is recognizing the direction of the trend – not catching the highs or the lows.”
- Dean Witter

"Put all your eggs in one basket and then watch that basket."
- Andrew Carnegie

Fund Prices2024-03-27

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.14 0.01% 1.00%
F $19.09 0.26% -0.68%
C $82.11 0.87% 10.42%
S $82.19 1.48% 6.61%
I $42.68 0.56% 6.21%
L2065 $16.38 0.84% 8.36%
L2060 $16.38 0.84% 8.36%
L2055 $16.39 0.84% 8.36%
L2050 $32.73 0.71% 6.94%
L2045 $14.91 0.67% 6.56%
L2040 $54.37 0.63% 6.20%
L2035 $14.34 0.58% 5.77%
L2030 $47.66 0.53% 5.35%
L2025 $13.14 0.31% 3.40%
Linc $25.60 0.24% 2.79%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".