Anyone in the G thinking of jumping in?

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

XAMOTOMAX

Re: Anyone in the G thinking of jumping in?

Post by XAMOTOMAX »

Agreed...was going to say you're better off parking in C/S and going away than being in G.

I fully expect a retest pretty soon and considered selling to G today but hung out because given how strong the rally was yesterday, I'm ok with relatively flat or down a little today. The needle has been swinging pretty hard lately and I'm ok with it taking a little breather. This date with C is getting a little long in the tooth though and my finger will be on the trigger again tomorrow morning.

Octjan2

Post by Octjan2 »

Anybody else starting to worry about the Chinese stock market? The Shanghai is down another 2.94% today. Either they are going to catch up to us or we are going to fall to them. A divergence this big is not normal.

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

Charts for Direxion Daily Small Cap Bear 3X ETF (TZA) supporting an even further decline in equities, perhaps 200% from where it is now. For a brief (very brief) moment in time, daily momentum was leaning towards GREEN.

This market is not fun...

Best of Luck (everyone) in all you chose to endeavor...
“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it. He who doesn’t... pays it.” ~ Albert Einstein

XAMOTOMAX

Post by XAMOTOMAX »

How long are you going to hang out wing?

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

25.54 minutes @ the bear (no pun intended) minimum...

Best of Luck (everyone) in all you chose to endeavor!!!
“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it. He who doesn’t... pays it.” ~ Albert Einstein

XAMOTOMAX

Post by XAMOTOMAX »

I hate selling on days like this. H&S taking shape in the SP500. I'm outta there...this date is officially over. Good luck everyone.

tcatlin

Post by tcatlin »

OUCH! I'm still above what I bought into C so I'm going to stay put. I'll re-evaluate tomorrow but unless this turns into another black friday I think I'm staying put for a while.

XAMOTOMAX

Post by XAMOTOMAX »

My best guess, mostly unqualified layman prognostication is that we'll be down again tomorrow but not as much, get a small bump first of next week but again, not much, then another larger decline over the next 7-10 trading days (end of next week and following week). Next big leg down will find support around 2630 (SP500). Take that for what's it's worth which probably isn't much but I like to put predictions in writing just in case I get lucky and it plays out.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

XAMOTOMAX wrote: ...I like to put predictions in writing just in case I get lucky and it plays out.
That reminds me of a guy I used to work with. Sitting around at lunch, he said he could predict the future. We all laughed at him. He said "OK I predict it will snow on the 4 of July". Someone said, "Now Clyde! You know it's not going to snow on the 4 of July". He said, "But if it did, wouldn't I be somethin'?"
So Xamo we will keep your prediction on hand to check. Who knows, you might become "Somethin".
(By the way, it didn't snow. Well not where we were anyway.)
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

XAMOTOMAX

Post by XAMOTOMAX »

Lol well given my past performance I'd like to think I have a slightly better chance than Mr. Somethin calling for snow in July but time will tell I suppose.

Octjan2

Post by Octjan2 »

I expected us to test the lows again before heading back up...I just thought the powers that be would let it go up a little more before taking it down. I guess that big day Tuesday was enough for them to bank some profits. They will let all the scared folks sell off and then jump back in. Be patient it is coming. Wealth transfer. As for me, I am staying put. I’ve been one of those selling out of fear one too many times (hence the negative YTD return). Not going to happen again just to add millions to a millionaires YTD.

XAMOTOMAX

Post by XAMOTOMAX »

Made this Friday night when I couldn't sleep...double top head and shoulders. Neck like has been breached. 2630 still in mind for support. Could be a nice bounce if anyone in G still has an October IFT sitting in their pocket.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bamablue

Post by bamablue »

XAMOTOMAX wrote:Made this Friday night when I couldn't sleep...double top head and shoulders. Neck like has been breached. 2630 still in mind for support. Could be a nice bounce if anyone in G still has an October IFT sitting in their pocket.
When do you see the bounce... today (quite unexpectedly) the market is taking a beating. I'm having difficulty with any projections because of the volatility. Very dangerous time and it seems like going in on C/S/I is like putting money in shredder.

XAMOTOMAX

Post by XAMOTOMAX »

End of week maybe? Hard to say right now. Needs to be more oversold IMO.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Thanks Xamot, I can see it on other charts also. BUT,It would take a true gambler with large stones. And what is the goal, take a big risk, to propel yourself to the top of the leader boards?
A more sensible approach might be to stay calm, observant, and ready to place money on a surer bet. Like maybe 3 days of gains that project something sustaining.

Just sayin, by the way.
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".