Anyone else looking for a TOP right now?

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

MAGA

Re: Anyone else looking for a TOP right now?

Post by MAGA »

I think she could go up for the rest of this year. Maybe a couple of bumps along the way.

mmmmmbeer

Post by mmmmmbeer »

Aitrus wrote:mmmmmbeer, you know better. You too, Snare.

I'll admit, I'm chuckling a little bit on the inside. But let's not push it, shall we? The forum has enough problems as it is, we don't need to add to them.
Si mine Capitane!
Those who 'abjure' violence can do so only because others are committing violence on their behalf.

PoorFed

Post by PoorFed »

“Eat like a bird, shit like an elephant” is something my friend told me before on the way I gamble. It continues to resonate in my mind as I continue to see the stock market rally. At the start of the year, I was in S fund and moved to G fund on 01-08-2019 when the DWCPF was at 1257.09 thinking that it was just a short-term rally and markets would continue back on a downward spiral. Now DWCPF closed today at 1416.27. When times are good, I play too defensive and scared when I should be pushing harder. When times are bad, I let losses compound or don’t play enough defense.

When it comes to the stock market, there will always be those that want the market to dip and those that want it to climb based on their own personal position. I’m not going to mention what I want the market to do, instead I want to mention that I make some pretty dumb decisions and can’t seem to learn from past mistakes...lol. That’s why I also make bad decisions in other areas of life such as not buying a home and continuing to rent.

Guess I just wanted to rant and there’s really no point of my post...lol

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

PoorFed wrote:...When it comes to the stock market, there will always be those that want the market to dip and those that want it to climb based on their own personal position....
That's the thing about commentary, how much is just wishful thinking?
https://www.futurity.org/wishful-thinki ... l-markets/
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

PoorFed wrote:“Eat like a bird, shit like an elephant” is something my friend told me before on the way I gamble. It continues to resonate in my mind as I continue to see the stock market rally. At the start of the year, I was in S fund and moved to G fund on 01-08-2019 when the DWCPF was at 1257.09 thinking that it was just a short-term rally and markets would continue back on a downward spiral. Now DWCPF closed today at 1416.27. When times are good, I play too defensive and scared when I should be pushing harder. When times are bad, I let losses compound or don’t play enough defense.

When it comes to the stock market, there will always be those that want the market to dip and those that want it to climb based on their own personal position. I’m not going to mention what I want the market to do, instead I want to mention that I make some pretty dumb decisions and can’t seem to learn from past mistakes...lol. That’s why I also make bad decisions in other areas of life such as not buying a home and continuing to rent.

It's all good brother/sister. You're smart enough to see it and write about it to us, sharing your experience. I'm not a devoted religious man (even though I go to church twice a week) :twisted: but, we all go through the many paths of life - some good, some bad, some mix of both ... some REALLY bad ... and some REALLY good (assholes!). We deal our own cards and we play them as we see fit, some better at number counting (seeing the future) than others.

But one thing I picked out during my observations of life, something so profound that fails to be grasped by so many ..... how can a Twinkie be so sweet, filled with heaven's honey, impregnated with the juices of the Gods .... BE SO DAMN BAD FOR YOU?????? :lol:

Anyways, no matter where we are at in life - always try to smile, be good to yourself and be good to others. Everything else doesn't matter. And yes there was a point to your post, thank you for sharing!

PoorFed

Post by PoorFed »

Tomanyiron wrote:
PoorFed wrote:...When it comes to the stock market, there will always be those that want the market to dip and those that want it to climb based on their own personal position....
That's the thing about commentary, how much is just wishful thinking?
https://www.futurity.org/wishful-thinki ... l-markets/
Basically it appears that investors in a way succumb to a form of group think?

PoorFed

Post by PoorFed »

jlozano042 wrote:
PoorFed wrote:“Eat like a bird, shit like an elephant” is something my friend told me before on the way I gamble. It continues to resonate in my mind as I continue to see the stock market rally. At the start of the year, I was in S fund and moved to G fund on 01-08-2019 when the DWCPF was at 1257.09 thinking that it was just a short-term rally and markets would continue back on a downward spiral. Now DWCPF closed today at 1416.27. When times are good, I play too defensive and scared when I should be pushing harder. When times are bad, I let losses compound or don’t play enough defense.

It's all good brother/sister. You're smart enough to see it and write about it to us, sharing your experience. I'm not a devoted religious man (even though I go to church twice a week) :twisted: but, we all go through the many paths of life - some good, some bad, some mix of both ... some REALLY bad ... and some REALLY good (assholes!). We deal our own cards and we play them as we see fit, some better at number counting (seeing the future) than others.

But one thing I picked out during my observations of life, something so profound that fails to be grasped by so many ..... how can a Twinkie be so sweet, filled with heaven's honey, impregnated with the juices of the Gods .... BE SO DAMN BAD FOR YOU?????? :lol:

Anyways, no matter where we are at in life - always try to smile, be good to yourself and be good to others. Everything else doesn't matter. And yes there was a point to your post, thank you for sharing!
Thanks. I try to reflect on my actions and decisions (maybe a little too much at times) and try to figure out what went wrong. Guess I just want things to be easy :o
Regarding the Twinkie...being so bad for you is also what makes it so good. If they weren’t bad for you, you will end up cleaning out a factory. Overtime, it’s appeal fades...lol. Like the saying goes, you can never know peace without war.

Fund Prices2024-04-17

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.25%
F $18.68 0.50% -2.85%
C $78.62 -0.58% 5.72%
S $76.27 -0.89% -1.07%
I $40.66 -0.17% 1.19%
L2065 $15.60 -0.47% 3.17%
L2060 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2055 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2050 $31.39 -0.35% 2.57%
L2045 $14.34 -0.33% 2.47%
L2040 $52.43 -0.31% 2.41%
L2035 $13.87 -0.28% 2.31%
L2030 $46.25 -0.25% 2.24%
L2025 $12.93 -0.12% 1.78%
Linc $25.29 -0.09% 1.55%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".