More upcoming stuff

Civil Service Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

cswift01

More upcoming stuff

Post by cswift01 »

It really looks like federal employment has had its day.

http://www.govexec.com/pay-benefits/201 ... =top-story

Best,

Me

evilanne

Re: More upcoming stuff

Post by evilanne »

Nothing new...more stuff to create fear http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 99&p=64387

RotorHead

Post by RotorHead »

Agree. This steady stream of bad news is more recycled rhetoric. Long ways to go before any of it even thinks about becoming law.

America

Post by America »

Hope you're right.

Carmen909

Post by Carmen909 »

I think it's worth keeping an eye on. I don't write off stories like this as fearmongering or rhetoric, I think of it as a hint of what could possibly happen. I make 50% less than my industry counterparts and get contacted by recruiters weekly. While I make less income, the benefits outweigh what the private companies can offer me in total compensation. Move from Houston to San Francisco for twice as much salary but 3x as much living expenses? No way! At least not at this phase of my life. If I was a fresh graduate, I'd probably choose private. But with a little bit of experience under my belt, I'm happy with my government job for now.

Chulke

Post by Chulke »

It’s the same ol crap!!! The first thing the politicians want to target is civilian pay and retirement benies! There are plenty of other ways to trim the fat...how about targeting similar programs offered by different agencies, or maybe limiting the length and amounts of unemployment and welfare benefits....just to name a couple.

Or maybe cut some of their pay and benies...that’d be the day huh?

Just saying!
Cheers!

Current Strat: Loosely following 152300 and 85660 more the former rather than the later
Current PIP: 24.04

America

Post by America »

Here...here.

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

evilanne wrote:Nothing new...more stuff to create fear http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 99&p=64387
That's true, but I'm getting tired of politicians seeing us as their piggy bank. It's not like our "royal" incomes are that amazing and by removing normal taxes in different parts of the tax code, we will be one of the easiest to make up those taxes.

Best,

Me

evilanne

Post by evilanne »

https://federalnewsradio.com/mike-cause ... ment-plan/
Are you confused about what Congress can, will, might or might not do to your retirement plan? If you are, it means you have been paying attention to the very confusing congressional budget process.
This year, however, many worried that with Republicans in control of the House, Senate and White House, those who wanted to drain the swamp would have a relatively easy time. But so far, they haven’t made much progress.

If there is one thing Congress isn’t good at, it is getting things done. Particularly on time. There are so many conflicting agendas and egos involved, it is entirely possible that, when the smoke clears, little or nothing has changed.

SnareMV17

Post by SnareMV17 »

Chulke wrote:It’s the same ol crap!!! The first thing the politicians want to target is civilian pay and retirement benies! There are plenty of other ways to trim the fat...how about targeting similar programs offered by different agencies, or maybe limiting the length and amounts of unemployment and welfare benefits....just to name a couple.

Just saying!
So your solution is instead of cutting back benefits and slowing the rate of pay increases, to just up and FIRE thousands of workers? Interesting logic. Just saying!
"Get your money for nothin', and your chicks for free."

Following TSPCalc strategy #64902.

DCPete

Post by DCPete »

Chulke wrote:It’s the same ol crap!!! The first thing the politicians want to target is civilian pay and retirement benies! There are plenty of other ways to trim the fat...how about targeting similar programs offered by different agencies, or maybe limiting the length and amounts of unemployment and welfare benefits....just to name a couple.

Just saying!
And well said!

mhende2

Post by mhende2 »

If someone needs their retirement bennies cut how about we start with what a politician gets after only one term in Washington? Pretty sweet deal they have compared to the rank and file federal workers.
In investing, what is comfortable is rarely profitable.
-Robert Arnott

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

DCPete wrote:

Just saying!
And well said!
How about cutting agencies that aren't authorized by the Constitution?
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
Support the site by purchasing a membership at TSPCalc! https://tspcalc.com

DCPete

Post by DCPete »

Aitrus wrote:
DCPete wrote:

Just saying!
And well said!

How about cutting agencies that aren't authorized by the Constitution?
Exactly!!!

honkytonk

Post by honkytonk »

mhende2 wrote:If someone needs their retirement bennies cut how about we start with what a politician gets after only one term in Washington? Pretty sweet deal they have compared to the rank and file federal workers.
I like this idea.

Fund Prices2024-04-17

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.25%
F $18.68 0.50% -2.85%
C $78.62 -0.58% 5.72%
S $76.27 -0.89% -1.07%
I $40.66 -0.17% 1.19%
L2065 $15.60 -0.47% 3.17%
L2060 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2055 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2050 $31.39 -0.35% 2.57%
L2045 $14.34 -0.33% 2.47%
L2040 $52.43 -0.31% 2.41%
L2035 $13.87 -0.28% 2.31%
L2030 $46.25 -0.25% 2.24%
L2025 $12.93 -0.12% 1.78%
Linc $25.29 -0.09% 1.55%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".