Just taking a poll about the shutdown, again.

Civil Service Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

My work situation and my stance on the wall funding.

Poll ended at Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:37 am

No Work; No Pay
15%
I work; No Pay
17%
I work; I'm paid
16%
I support the shutdown for wall funding
43%
I don't support the shutdown for wall funding
8%

Total votes: 716

Octjan2

Re: Just taking a poll about the shutdown, again.

Post by Octjan2 »

But didn’t Obama start his presidency after the market tanked almost 60%? Trump took over 7 years into a bull market. We could have had Ms. Piggy as President in Obama’s first two years and the market still would have soared.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

Octjan2 wrote:But didn’t Obama start his presidency after the market tanked almost 60%? Trump took over 7 years into a bull market. We could have had Ms. Piggy as President in Obama’s first two years and the market still would have soared.
But, but, but, but, but what? For the first two years of his second term the c fund and s fund return was 42.13% and 37.87%, respectively. Looks like he wins again.

But how about the last two years? The last two years of his second term the c fund and s fund return was 16.53% and 16.82%, respectively. Again compared to Trump's 22.29% and 16.25%.

So it looks like Trump wins with the c fund and loses with s fund. But really America lost because to get that we are expected to run $900 billion dollar defunct this year. All it took for that anemic performance jolt was a massive tax break which was suppose to be `Huge` for America. So good job fiscal conservatives. So if the left is tax and spend does that make the right borrow and spend?
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

tspwizard1

Post by tspwizard1 »

tsd906 wrote:
tspwizard1 wrote:There is no crisis at the border. Trump knows to even have a chance at being re-elected (if he isn't impeached by 2020) he needs that wall to please his non-college grad white base. His bread and butter. The wall is a symbol to them of their perceived superiority over brown people. Nothing more. These low wage, uneducated Trump supporters choose to blame brown people for their lack of money. They see the affluent culture of America and want in. However, the door is closed. And they are mad about it. Gotta be someone's fault right? In steps Trump pointing the finger at brown people and says build a wall. They mindlessly chant back.

A wall will not stop drugs, or lower crime. It is a waste of money. More money this country doesn't have to begin with. It also would be an environmental disaster. Which not many people are talking about.

How would Trump supporters feel about 'a national emergency' being declared? I thought Republicans hated the idea of government overreach. What about the land owners who would have property seized due to eminent domain? Is that ok with them? As long as it's not their families land I guess? And what goes around is all around as Ricky says. I just pray someday soon Trump supporters will stop being such mindless lemmings. Look at what is really going on here. Country over blind allegiance to a con man.

TSP Wizard, do you work on the Border? Are you, in anyway, associated with Border Security work? What qualifies you to claim there is no crisis on the Border?
Look who is telling you there is a crisis on the border. The President who has told more lies per month than any other President ever. That is a fact. Not an alternative fact.

tspwizard1

Post by tspwizard1 »

PhilJohn wrote:
ArrieS wrote:
PhilJohn wrote:I really don’t focus on political conspiracy.
Great because it's not.
Trump considers delaying border wall fight until January
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/ ... ay-1064857

When questioned the White House did not dispute it.
GOP talks Trump off the shutdown ledge

...but McConnell said the White House is now “flexible” on border wall funding, just one week after Trump said he’d be “proud” to shut down the government in a fight over border security.
This statement was not refuted by the White House.
Conservative media turns on Trump for going wobbly on the wall
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/ ... ll-1071391

It's hard to see why the White House would change its stance until after everyone including Fox New started bashing him.
PhilJohn wrote:He is now in a very good position politically to get exactly what he wants.
You're going to have to explain that. His only recourse is National Emergency and that's easy to defeat.
PhilJohn wrote:Democrats for the most part underestimate Trump as a politician, which is a large reason why Democrats woke up after election night having various mental breakdowns that I very much enjoyed observing.
What are you talking about? Anyways, I enjoyed watching the shutdown end.

Thank your President for that.

Nice photo of Nancy. It sure is a wonder how the beach makes you look years younger. Thankfully we have a President that was willing to stay home and work it out.

As far as a National Emergency being his only recourse, you might want to read the news. More than 20 congressional Democrats just announced they plan on funding the wall. And if he does declare a national emergency, you mentioned that is easily defeated. Care to explain how?

'Thankfully we have a President that was willing to stay home and work it out. ' You really believe that is the case!?! Trump shut the government down with NO LEVERAGE to get his wall. He didn't work anything out. He caused needless pain and suffering to a lot of Americans for a month then caved. How can you live with yourself? You live a life swimming around in, not drinking, literally drowning in the Trump Kool Aid.

tspwizard1

Post by tspwizard1 »

ArrieS wrote:
PhilJohn wrote:Actually, congress gave him that power. No Bill needed. (National Energency Act of 1973). You might try to read it. Not sure you would comprehend it however.
Something tells me you haven't read it and you certainly don't understand it.

Here's a quote from it,
SEC. 301. When the President declares a national emergency, no powers or authorities made available by statute for use in the event of an emergency shall be exercised unless and until the President specifies the provisions of law under which he proposes that he or other officers will act.
Do you see that? See, what you don't know, and I ask you assuming you did know (my mistake for overestimating how much you knew), is according to National Emergencies Act, when the President declares a national emergency he has to specify the 'provisions of law under which he proposes that he or other officers will act.' Which I why I asked 'How about you go read the statute Trump will cite as authority to declare a national emergency and explain how he can.'

He doesn't just get to say National Emergency. You're close, you're soooo close when you said Congress gave him that power. But you just don't know the simple workings of it. But Congress also passed many other laws that authorize those powers that he has to say which one he is using. So he has to tell them under which one he's working and that will direct what he can and can't do.

But hey, thanks for living up to my views that a Trump supporter doesn't understand their own Government.
PhilJohn wrote:And, I would like you to show me when Fox News retracted the report of Pelosi travelling to Hawaii and Purto Rico during the shutdown. That will be a next trick since that is exactly what happened.

But go ahead and entertain me.
I believe you mean to say, go ahead and educate me.
President Donald Trump accused House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of partying on a beach in Puerto Rico — with lobbyists, no less — while he sat in the White House over the weekend ready to work out a deal to end the federal shutdown. It’s not true.

Pelosi didn’t go to Puerto Rico or any beach. Like Trump, she spent the weekend in snow-bound Washington.
Ouch... Keep believing those lies.

https://www.apnews.com/570cdff051774a9b81c56c9851533dc5

What's it like to purposely choose to be ignorant?
Well said. Checkmate.

PhilJohn

Post by PhilJohn »

Triggering liberals is my specialty.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

PhilJohn wrote:Triggering liberals is my specialty.
Oh yes, triggering. Is that what you call it when we point out your absurdity.

How about this little gem.
PhilJohn wrote:S-Fund has been fantastic! I hope the ride lasts a little longer!
And your comments only a few days ago.
PhilJohn wrote:I was in S Fund since Oct 3rd, I am still in S Fund and am crawling out of the hole but Im pretty happy about not selling. Hopefully 2019 goes better for us.
You're in the hole with the S fund. But it's been doing great. Talking out of both sides of your mouth. More like the words of a desperate man trying to justify his beliefs.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

tspwizard1

Post by tspwizard1 »

ArrieS wrote:Image
now that is too funny. what a bunch of lemmings.

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

Fund Prices2024-04-15

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.18 0.04% 1.23%
F $18.64 -0.61% -3.02%
C $79.24 -1.20% 6.56%
S $77.27 -1.66% 0.23%
I $41.14 -0.29% 2.38%
L2065 $15.75 -0.94% 4.19%
L2060 $15.75 -0.94% 4.19%
L2055 $15.76 -0.94% 4.19%
L2050 $31.64 -0.81% 3.38%
L2045 $14.44 -0.76% 3.24%
L2040 $52.80 -0.71% 3.11%
L2035 $13.96 -0.65% 2.96%
L2030 $46.52 -0.59% 2.83%
L2025 $12.97 -0.32% 2.08%
Linc $25.35 -0.25% 1.78%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".