TSP Safety Net

Managing your TSP and alternate investment options after retirement or separation from service.

Moderator: Aitrus

SVANAT

TSP Safety Net

Post by SVANAT »

Has anyone used the TSP Safety Net program and, if so, did they find it beneficial and worth the fee?

Aitrus

Re: TSP Safety Net

Post by Aitrus »

I've never heard of it. Care to enlighten us?
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters" Epictetus

ray.etf

Post by ray.etf »

Retirement planning shouldn't overlook credible investing analysis/info. May I suggest an alternative service which uses professional investment researcher plus 3rd-party verified trades and performance? TSP Radar http://goo.gl/hnf5XS. I am the owner/marketer. Thank you.

WxMan0523

Post by WxMan0523 »

ray.etf wrote:Retirement planning shouldn't overlook credible investing analysis/info. May I suggest an alternative service which uses professional investment researcher plus 3rd-party verified trades and performance? TSP Radar http://goo.gl/hnf5XS. I am the owner/marketer. Thank you.

Good luck getting anyone to buy into this. Heck, your dynamic "strategy" is getting crushed by buy & hold C? LOL.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

SVANAT wrote:Has anyone used the TSP Safety Net program and, if so, did they find it beneficial and worth the fee?

I doubt anyone who understood what they do would think it was worth the fee. This is from fedsmith.com.

"TSP Safety Net

TSP Safety Net allocates your investments based on a trend analysis, comparing the performance of the individual TSP funds with a 40 week moving average of the market indices that the TSP funds follow (e.g., the S&P 500 for the C fund, etc.). If a fund begins to trend above the average, it would be considered a signal to move into that fund, or to remain in that fund if you were already invested in it. If a fund begins to trend below the average, it would be considered a signal to move out of that fund, or to stay out of it if you weren’t already invested in it. They also use a “relative strength” analysis.

Participants in TSP Safety Net complete a short risk analysis questionnaire and are placed in one of five risk categories from “very conservative” to “maximum growth”. They receive a weekly commentary on market performance and federal retirement and benefits. Reallocation alerts are sent out as necessary when trends change.

A yearlong subscription to TSP Safety Net costs $149.99, but they are offering an annual rate of $89.99 through December 31, 2014. You can find out more about TSP Safety Net at http://tspsafetynet.com/"

Trend Analysis is fairly easy and free to do on your own.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

Kato

Post by Kato »

ArrieS wrote:
SVANAT wrote:Has anyone used the TSP Safety Net program and, if so, did they find it beneficial and worth the fee?

I doubt anyone who understood what they do would think it was worth the fee. This is from fedsmith.com.

"TSP Safety Net

TSP Safety Net allocates your investments based on a trend analysis, comparing the performance of the individual TSP funds with a 40 week moving average of the market indices that the TSP funds follow (e.g., the S&P 500 for the C fund, etc.). If a fund begins to trend above the average, it would be considered a signal to move into that fund, or to remain in that fund if you were already invested in it. If a fund begins to trend below the average, it would be considered a signal to move out of that fund, or to stay out of it if you weren’t already invested in it. They also use a “relative strength” analysis.

Participants in TSP Safety Net complete a short risk analysis questionnaire and are placed in one of five risk categories from “very conservative” to “maximum growth”. They receive a weekly commentary on market performance and federal retirement and benefits. Reallocation alerts are sent out as necessary when trends change.

A yearlong subscription to TSP Safety Net costs $149.99, but they are offering an annual rate of $89.99 through December 31, 2014. You can find out more about TSP Safety Net at http://tspsafetynet.com/"

Trend Analysis is fairly easy and free to do on your own.

Do they just alert you and you make the allocation request or do they move it for you?
Veteran - Someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for any amount, up to and including their life

MLKMAN

Post by MLKMAN »

Kato wrote:
Do they just alert you and you make the allocation request or do they move it for you?

Would you really give someone access to your TSP account? :shock:
"We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations."

Kato

Post by Kato »

MLKMAN wrote:
Kato wrote:

I didn't think about that but guess they would have to have access to do it wouldn't they?

No, I wouldn't to answer your question. :oops:
Veteran - Someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for any amount, up to and including their life

SVANAT

Post by SVANAT »

Kato wrote:
MLKMAN wrote:
Kato wrote:

I didn't think about that but guess they would have to have access to do it wouldn't they?

No, I wouldn't to answer your question. :oops:

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".