Petition for Lifetime Credit Monitoring

For those topics that don't have a place in any of the other forums.

Moderator: Aitrus

Winner

Petition for Lifetime Credit Monitoring

Post by Winner »

“A brave man knows the circumstances and consequences of what he may encounter ahead…..but moves forward anyway.”

Heckler511

Re: Petition for Lifetime Credit Monitoring

Post by Heckler511 »

Is there anyone on here that didn't get affected by the OPM breach? I'm starting to think that it's every federal employee not just 4 million or whatever

LoGiK

Post by LoGiK »

Were they suppose to contact you if you were one of the victims?
No clue what I'm doing, but willing to learn.

Winner

Post by Winner »

This is what I receive prior to received the PIN.

OPM Cybersecurity Incident Update – June 23
This is an update on the recent cyber incidents at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
As the Department has recently shared, on June 4, OPM announced an intrusion impacting personnel information of approximately four million current and former Federal employees. OPM is offering affected individuals credit monitoring services and identity theft insurance with CSID, a company that specializes in identity theft protection and fraud resolution. Additional information is available on the company’s website, https://www.csid.com/opm/ and by calling toll-free 844-777-2743 (international callers: call collect 512-327-0705). More information can also be found on OPM’s website: www.opm.gov.
Notifications to individuals affected by this incident began on June 8 on a rolling basis through June 19. However, it may take several days beyond June 19 for a notification to arrive by email or mail. If you have any questions about whether you were among those affected by the incident announced on June 4, you may call the toll free number above.
On June 12, OPM announced a separate cyber intrusion affecting systems that contain information related to background investigations of current, former, and prospective Federal Government employees from across all branches of government, as well as other individuals for whom a Federal background investigation was conducted, including contractors. This incident remains under investigation by OPM, DHS, and the FBI. The investigators are working to determine the exact number and list of potentially affected individuals. We understand that many of you are concerned about this intrusion. As this is an ongoing investigation, please know that OPM is working to notify potentially affected individuals as soon as possible.
As an important reminder, OPM discovered this incident as a result of the agency’s concerted and aggressive efforts to strengthen its cybersecurity capabilities and protect the security and integrity of the information entrusted to the agency. In addition, OPM continues to work with the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), DHS, the FBI, and other elements of the Federal Government to enhance the security of its systems and to detect and thwart evolving and persistent cyber threats. As a result of the work by the interagency incident response team, we have confidence in the integrity of the OPM systems and continue to use them in the performance of OPM’s mission. OPM continues to process background investigations and carry out other functions on its networks.
Additionally, OMB has instructed Federal agencies to immediately take a number of steps to further protect Federal information and assets and improve the resilience of Federal networks. We are working with OMB to ensure we are enforcing the latest standards and tools to protect the security and interests of the DHS workforce.
The Department will continue to update you as more information about the cyber incidents at OPM comes to light. For all updates, including previous messages and important resources, please visit the OPM Cybersecurity Incident Updates page on Connect.
OPM is the definitive source for information on the recent cyber incidents. Please visit OPM’s website for regular updates on both incidents and for answers to frequently asked questions: www.opm.gov/cybersecurity. DHS is also interested in your feedback and questions on the incident and our communications. You can reach out to us at privacyhelp@dhs.gov with these comments.
Employees who want to learn additional information about the measures they can take to ensure the safety of their personal information can find resources at the National Counterintelligence and Security Center (NCSC) at http://www.ncsc.gov.
Please note that the OPM notification is different from other notifications you may have already received. The Department is also in the process of notifying some DHS employees in CBP, ICE, TSA, and in a small number of other components that one of the companies that DHS contracts with to conduct background investigations and credit checks may have experienced a compromise of its network. That notification, which was made via U.S. Postal Service, is separate from the OPM notification. It is possible that some employees are affected by both the DHS and OPM incidents.
“A brave man knows the circumstances and consequences of what he may encounter ahead…..but moves forward anyway.”

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

I received the same thing.
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
Support the site by purchasing a membership at TSPCalc! https://tspcalc.com

inla$vega$

Post by inla$vega$ »

Just received the following email scam warning so beware of the dishonest scum bags out there that are making a bad situation worse.

"Phishing Email Related to OPM Hack Remediation Efforts

In the wake of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) cyber breach, OPM has been informing affected federal employees of a credit and identity protection plan for them. OPM began sending out these email notifications June 8, 2015. These initial messages told recipients to click on an embedded link to register for their credit monitoring services. It has been reported that these notices were duplicated by a hacker and phishing messages appeared almost immediately after the real messages were sent.

In phishing scams, the email sender tries to trick users into handing over account logins and other personal information. The first legitimate messages from the OPM's contractor – identity protection company CSID – came with links for individuals to sign up for credit monitoring and other identity protection.

It should be noted that individuals have already received such phishing emails. If you get an email of this kind and are not sure of its validity, please contact the Counterintelligence Field Office"

Winner

Post by Winner »

I received an email from the agency that told us to go to address bar and type in https://www.csid.com/opm/ instead of click on the link send with the PIN.

Here is latest news...

Second OPM Data Breach Hit 21.5 Million, Included Fingerprints // Eric Katz
Office of Personnel Management officials said on Thursday 21.5 million individuals were affected by a data breach involving security clearance files. The announcement provided the first significant details about the hack since OPM first revealed the breach June 12.
OPM will provide a "suite of services" to individuals whose personal information was hacked, which includes nearly everyone that underwent a background investigation through OPM in 2000 or later. Individuals who underwent a background investigation prior to 2000 may still be impacted, but OPM said that is "less likely."
The personal information breached in the hack included details such as Social Security numbers; residency and educational history; employment history; information about immediate family and other personal and business relationships; health, criminal and financial history; and other details, OPM said.
Read the entire story here.

KennyRobb

Post by KennyRobb »

I did not receive an email and am a DOT/FAA government employee, but was told by my organization to call CSID at 844-777-2743 to find out if I was on the list. I was/am on the list. I advise everyone that is a government employee that did not receive an email to call CSID. I'm glad I did.

Kato

Post by Kato »

Winner wrote:https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/provide-lifetime-identity-protection-federal-employees-who-were-victimized-breach-opm

I agree with the life time of credit monitoring. I mean come one, first it was eighteen months, and now I believe it is for three years.

So if I think about this, 21 million records were stolen right? What if they don't get to your name and information or mine for say, four or five years? Three years is crap. Don't get me wrong, it's better then nothing but only three years?

We are required to give that information in order to be hired and we entrusted that information would remain safe and confidential. Why should we have to pay for monitoring because of their lack of security?

Because of this breech, all of those affected will have to monitor their information for the rest of our lives, not just three years...
Veteran - Someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for any amount, up to and including their life

Winner

Post by Winner »

NTEU filed a lawsuit http://www.nteu.org/documents/opmbreachlawsuit.pdf

AFGE has filed a similar lawsuit on behalf of its members...https://www.afge.org/?documentID=4961

NTEU lawsuit is too weak comparing to AFGE has all kind of indepth details.

Fund Prices2024-04-17

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.25%
F $18.68 0.50% -2.85%
C $78.62 -0.58% 5.72%
S $76.27 -0.89% -1.07%
I $40.66 -0.17% 1.19%
L2065 $15.60 -0.47% 3.17%
L2060 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2055 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2050 $31.39 -0.35% 2.57%
L2045 $14.34 -0.33% 2.47%
L2040 $52.43 -0.31% 2.41%
L2035 $13.87 -0.28% 2.31%
L2030 $46.25 -0.25% 2.24%
L2025 $12.93 -0.12% 1.78%
Linc $25.29 -0.09% 1.55%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".