Russia Investigation, Market Impact

For those topics that don't have a place in any of the other forums.

Moderator: Aitrus

cswift01

Re: Russia Investigation, Market Impact

Post by cswift01 »

crondanet5 wrote:I believe in universal health care like the kind the Republicans set up in Massachusetts when Romney was governor. We do not know whose life we medically save that will solve a threatening problem or who will become the next leader of this great Nation. To deny health care is absurd. If all mankind is created equal then let's treat them equally. And get the country moving.

As for the next Presidential election, I see no way the Democrats will screw it up like the last time. If their candidate makes sense moderate Republicans will either cross the line or not vote. Let's hope they find a great candidate. And get the country moving.
Agreed.

alirahat

Post by alirahat »

mhende2 wrote:As long as I continue to see positives in my investments like for the past 11+ months I sure hope Trump stays right where he's at for at least 3 more years until I retire!
I am not close to retirement, in fact far, far from it. I personally do not care for his policy, but do like the way you think, as do I.

Scorpio70

Post by Scorpio70 »

I think the market has tuned out the politics. What interests me is the job report, quarterly profits, consumer confidence, Inflation, interest rates, etc...

adm_m

Post by adm_m »

lol
Daily Strategy #10716

drifter81

Post by drifter81 »

swranches wrote:But I see impeachment proceedings starting as early as January.
LOL

SnareMV17

Post by SnareMV17 »

Scorpio70 wrote:I think the market has tuned out the politics. What interests me is the job report, quarterly profits, consumer confidence, Inflation, interest rates, etc...
Lethe market hasn't tuned out the politics at all. The market swings in reaction to the politics in knee jerk fashion, especially negative news, as you saw yesterday. The good thing is, however, cooler heads prevail when they the market realizes that what the media reports about this negative Trump business is almost always 100% BS and then corrects and often surges higher. Like Aitrus said, this has nothing to do with Trump, and the fact that some here are calling for impeachment based on this shows how far in the tank the media has many Americans.
"Get your money for nothin', and your chicks for free."

Following TSPCalc strategy #64902.

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

SnareMV17 wrote:
Scorpio70 wrote:I think the market has tuned out the politics. What interests me is the job report, quarterly profits, consumer confidence, Inflation, interest rates, etc...
Lethe market hasn't tuned out the politics at all. The market swings in reaction to the politics in knee jerk fashion, especially negative news, as you saw yesterday. The good thing is, however, cooler heads prevail when they the market realizes that what the media reports about this negative Trump business is almost always 100% BS and then corrects and often surges higher. Like Aitrus said, this has nothing to do with Trump, and the fact that some here are calling for impeachment based on this shows how far in the tank the media has many Americans.
No one has called for his impeachment. I think one person thought it would happen. They weren't rooting for it. I don't think any sane American wants their president impeached. That'll have a major effect on the market. Some might not like his policies, but that's a different discussion.

Dela444

Post by Dela444 »

swranches wrote:Now that Mueller has started filing criminal charges, I think it’s only a matter of time until someone flips and takes down Trump. They’ll likely wait until after the holidays. But I see impeachment proceedings starting as early as January. Anyone planning a change in strategy before the s*#t hits the fan?
There is no collusion! But good job on getting a lot of people to post!

marine234

Post by marine234 »

Trump got my vote the first time because a lot of what he says makes sense for the Country and Hillary by all rights should be in jail right now. The Country is on the right track and hopefully will continue. Trump will easily win re-election as the Democrats have no one to put up that is worth a dime. Even the head of the DNC could not tell a reporter who their leader was at this point. They have Zero messages that will help this Country in any way and people are getting smart enough to see this. Trump is making me a lot of money and hopefully he sticks around long enough to let me retire. That's my take on this subject. Semper Fi all.

SnareMV17

Post by SnareMV17 »

Wel stated, marine234.
"Get your money for nothin', and your chicks for free."

Following TSPCalc strategy #64902.

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

marine234 wrote:Trump got my vote the first time because a lot of what he says makes sense for the Country and Hillary by all rights should be in jail right now. The Country is on the right track and hopefully will continue. Trump will easily win re-election as the Democrats have no one to put up that is worth a dime. Even the head of the DNC could not tell a reporter who their leader was at this point. They have Zero messages that will help this Country in any way and people are getting smart enough to see this. Trump is making me a lot of money and hopefully he sticks around long enough to let me retire. That's my take on this subject. Semper Fi all.
I couldn't disagree more, but that's polarized America for you. To each their own opinion.

wisepierre

Post by wisepierre »

Edit by mod: wisepierre quoted Aitrus in this post, but this post got mangled somehow. The quote was from Aitrus' earlier post listing answers in A, B, C and D fashion.

A: Don't forget that the campaign aide who worked with Trump through inauguration and admitted guilt to lying to the FBI earlier this year about Russia. Manafort was also being paid by a Ukraine political party, which happened to be pro Russia. $600k a month. Hmm...

B: There's more and more evidence every day that Trump's campaign, and all it's workers, were HEAVILY involved with Russia, or at least talked to them way too much for a normal campaign.

C: Mueller has only been working for a few months, not a whole year. Trump literally says all the time he hires the best people, he believes in extreme vetting, yet his own campaign manager last summer has now been arrested for conspiracy against the US, embezzlement, fraud, etc. So much winning folks!

D: Mueller has the ability to arrest people for any crimes found in relation to the Trump campaign, which is why two people were just indicted. You cannot say that the crime is impossible if know one knows except the campaign if they actually colluded at the moment. Wait for the final results of the investigation before you dismiss even the possibility they colluded.

The Uranium One issue is a joke and you should be ashamed bringing it up. It's another Pizzagate scandal that's not a scandal. Alt-right talking points. Also, why would Mueller have to investigate himself? He has no ties to Hillary, or Obama? That's why he was brought in as a special prosecutor. If Trump doesn't like him or thinks he's biased, he can remove him. But he hasn't, because he's not biased, and because that would look incredibly bad. Republicans appointed Mueller to be the special prosecutor, don't forget.

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

wisepierre wrote:
A: Don't forget that the campaign aide who worked with Trump through inauguration and admitted guilt to lying to the FBI earlier this year about Russia. Manafort was also being paid by a Ukraine political party, which happened to be pro Russia. $600k a month. Hmm...

B: There's more and more evidence every day that Trump's campaign, and all it's workers, were HEAVILY involved with Russia, or at least talked to them way too much for a normal campaign.

C: Mueller has only been working for a few months, not a whole year. Trump literally says all the time he hires the best people, he believes in extreme vetting, yet his own campaign manager last summer has now been arrested for conspiracy against the US, embezzlement, fraud, etc. So much winning folks!

D: Mueller has the ability to arrest people for any crimes found in relation to the Trump campaign, which is why two people were just indicted. You cannot say that the crime is impossible if know one knows except the campaign if they actually colluded at the moment. Wait for the final results of the investigation before you dismiss even the possibility they colluded.

The Uranium One issue is a joke and you should be ashamed bringing it up. It's another Pizzagate scandal that's not a scandal. Alt-right talking points. Also, why would Mueller have to investigate himself? He has no ties to Hillary, or Obama? That's why he was brought in as a special prosecutor. If Trump doesn't like him or thinks he's biased, he can remove him. But he hasn't, because he's not biased, and because that would look incredibly bad. Republicans appointed Mueller to be the special prosecutor, don't forget.
A: The individual in question was a minor unpaid volunteer acting on his own. He went to one meeting, and when asked about that one meeting he lied about it to the FBI. If he goes to jail, it's not because he went to the meeting, it will be because he lied to the FBI about it. How is Trump responsible for a volunteer's choice to lie to the FBI? As for Manafort, here's what happened: The temporary campaign chair for the Republican Party (Manafort) was working with the brother of the campaign chair (aka The Podesta Brothers) for the Democrat Party to aid a foreign power (Russia) during international negotiations (Ukraine). This does not involve Trump because it all happened before he even declared his intention to run for President, but it does involve Democrat leadership - and possibly other Republican higher-ups as well. This is what draining the swamp looks like. Time will tell, but neither party is without it's slugs in the muck.

B: Care to provide evidence? All I see is speculation. Speculation and opinions are not evidence. Conducting business openly as a private citizen with Russia is not, by itself, a crime. Not registering as a lobbying firm for a foreign government (the Podesta Group) is a crime. So is money laundering, extortion, pay-to-play, etc. All done by the Democrat party members, and a lone (thus far) Trump aid long before Trump hired him.

C: Again, if it took Mueller so long to figure out this dirt, why can Trump be blamed? Mueller has the resources of the US government and intelligence networks at his disposal. Trump didn't at the time he hired Mueller.

D: Huh???? Imagine if a police chief came to a press conference and said this: "Let's investigate that guy over there for murder. We haven't found a body, we have no witnesses or weapon. We have no evidence whatsoever that a murder has been committed, but the charge is so shocking that we have no choice but to investigate just in case he did commit murder. We don't like that guy because he's rude, belongs to a different political party and looks funny, but that has no bearing whatsoever on our decision to investigate him. All that matters is that we think he did it, so we just need to find evidence that he did." That's the situation with how the Democrats are pushing the Trump investigation, except that collusion is not a crime. Mueller has zero jurisdiction on this according to the CFR - a special counsel can only investigate named crimes, and none were named when the special counsel was created.

Uranium One is a huge issue, it's not a minor scandal. Here are the facts, which can be verified by a Google search:
- The deal gave control of 20% of America's uranium sources to Russia.
- The deal was finalized in 2010, under the Obama administration.
- Clinton was the Secretary of State at the time the deal was discussed.
- Mueller was director of the FBI at the time the deal was being discussed.
- The deal had to pass through of all of their desks, plus a few others, in order to be approved.
- The company now in control of those uranium sources is controlled by the Russian government.
- Company donated heavily to the Clinton Foundation in 2015.
- Compromising America's nuclear enterprise and strategic defense by giving materials and aid to a foreign power that is in opposition to us is absolutely a crime, it's not a joke.
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
Support the site by purchasing a membership at TSPCalc! https://tspcalc.com

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

Hmm...I don't know what's going on...that's the second time I've tried to quote somebody, and it ended up posting to that member's post instead of creating one under my name. Let me contact Skie and King and see if something is amiss.
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
Support the site by purchasing a membership at TSPCalc! https://tspcalc.com

evilanne

Post by evilanne »

wisepierre wrote:The Uranium One issue is a joke and you should be ashamed bringing it up. It's another Pizzagate scandal that's not a scandal. Alt-right talking points. Also, why would Mueller have to investigate himself? He has no ties to Hillary, or Obama? That's why he was brought in as a special prosecutor. If Trump doesn't like him or thinks he's biased, he can remove him. But he hasn't, because he's not biased, and because that would look incredibly bad. Republicans appointed Mueller to be the special prosecutor, don't forget.
See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Mueller Mueller was FBI Director from September 4, 2001 – September 4, 2013 when all the Uranium One stuff started plus Hillary's mishandling of email and conflicts of interest issues while she was Secretary of State. There is corruption on both sides of the aisle.

Fund Prices2024-04-15

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.18 0.04% 1.23%
F $18.64 -0.61% -3.02%
C $79.24 -1.20% 6.56%
S $77.27 -1.66% 0.23%
I $41.14 -0.29% 2.38%
L2065 $15.75 -0.94% 4.19%
L2060 $15.75 -0.94% 4.19%
L2055 $15.76 -0.94% 4.19%
L2050 $31.64 -0.81% 3.38%
L2045 $14.44 -0.76% 3.24%
L2040 $52.80 -0.71% 3.11%
L2035 $13.96 -0.65% 2.96%
L2030 $46.52 -0.59% 2.83%
L2025 $12.97 -0.32% 2.08%
Linc $25.35 -0.25% 1.78%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".