Russia Investigation, Market Impact

For those topics that don't have a place in any of the other forums.

Moderator: Aitrus

swranches

Russia Investigation, Market Impact

Post by swranches »

Now that Mueller has started filing criminal charges, I think it’s only a matter of time until someone flips and takes down Trump. They’ll likely wait until after the holidays. But I see impeachment proceedings starting as early as January. Anyone planning a change in strategy before the s*#t hits the fan?

cswift01

Re: Russia Investigation, Market Impact

Post by cswift01 »

swranches wrote:Now that Mueller has started filing criminal charges, I think it’s only a matter of time until someone flips and takes down Trump. They’ll likely wait until after the holidays. But I see impeachment proceedings starting as early as January. Anyone planning a change in strategy before the s*#t hits the fan?
I doubt impeachment will happen...if at all. I do suspect that the tax changes will be much slower and less likely to happen in their current form. That's why i do think January might be a bad month. Hopefully I'm wrong.

LostNomad

Post by LostNomad »

A lot of the monthly seasonal plans go to F fund in January. An some of the popular daily plans spend the first half of January in F. I too see some turmoil on the horizon.

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

Let's wait for Mueller's report before we jump to conclusions.
Owner/creator of TSPcalc.com - "Know your numbers"

marine234

Post by marine234 »

Mueller may flip but Trump will go no where. If anything Hillary's head is in a noose.

LostNomad

Post by LostNomad »

marine234 wrote:Mueller may flip but Trump will go no where. If anything Hillary's head is in a noose.
LOL. Yea she may be in for a consolation prize. :lol:

tpentico

Post by tpentico »

I think someone has been paying too much attention to what the mandatory cable subscription news channels are spinning. None of the indictments today include any mention of the President or his campaign. My strategy doesn't change...

sunny

Post by sunny »

Now the media is trying to imply it is a crime to investigate evil Hillary.

SnareMV17

Post by SnareMV17 »

You gotta be kidding me, right? Impeachment proceedings starting in January? Lol! You guys will believe anything, won't you?
"Get your money for nothin', and your chicks for free."

Following TSPCalc strategy #64902.

mhende2

Post by mhende2 »

As long as I continue to see positives in my investments like for the past 11+ months I sure hope Trump stays right where he's at for at least 3 more years until I retire!
In investing, what is comfortable is rarely profitable.
-Robert Arnott

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

I don't see this as an issue in any way.

A: The grand jury indictment for Manafort was for actions that lasted for a decade and ended a year before he started working for Trump on his campaign.

B: The indictment does not have the word "Russia" anywhere in it, so it therefore can't be linked to the supposed Trump collusion story. There is still no evidence that Trump in any way colluded with Russia.

C: The media is now suggesting that Trump's judgment should be called into question because he hired Manafort (who didn't work for Trump for all that long anyway). It took Mueller and a huge team digging for a year to find the evidence and decide it was worth pursuing. I think that Trump can be forgiven for not discovering this past behavior.

D: 28 CFR 600 grants the AG the power to appoint a special council to investigate crimes. Only crimes. Acting AG Rod Rosenstein did not list a crime in his order appointing Mueller to the special council (Order No. 3915-2017). What crime is Trump accused of committing? There is no law against "collusion". No such crime exists. And even if it did, there is no evidence that Trump colluded. Any of Manafort's pre-Trump-employment dealings with Russia is not in any way proof that Trump colluded with Russia, nor that Trump has poor judgment. Mueller is tasked with the impossible: find evidence of a crime, when no such crime exists in written law. It's a legal impossibility.

There's more evidence to link Hillary, Obama and Mueller himself to the Uranium One deal. In order to truly investigate any criminal activity with Russia, Mueller would have to investigate himself.

I don't like everything about Trump. But I want him to succeed as President. I would rather have a successful President I didn't like as a person vs. a poor President with good charisma.
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
Support the site by purchasing a membership at TSPCalc! https://tspcalc.com

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

When I voted for Donald he was the lesser of two evuils. He remains the lesser of two evils today. Pence was selected for VP not declaring what his political views were and I am not a fan of what I have read about his actions. I hope we can stick with Donald, despite his shenanigans until 2020 when the Democrats offer a great candidate. If not, we're doomed to go to the G Fund.

SnareMV17

Post by SnareMV17 »

@Aitrus: +1,000,000! I couldn't agree more with what you said.

@crondanet5: Mike Pence is a conservative. At least, he says he is. Your choice of Trump over the presumably more evil Clinton is interesting when you juxtapose it with the next statement that you hope the democrats run a great candidate in 2020. Im curious to hear what principles do you use to determine who you vote for?
"Get your money for nothin', and your chicks for free."

Following TSPCalc strategy #64902.

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

I believe in universal health care like the kind the Republicans set up in Massachusetts when Romney was governor. We do not know whose life we medically save that will solve a threatening problem or who will become the next leader of this great Nation. To deny health care is absurd. If all mankind is created equal then let's treat them equally. And get the country moving.

As for the next Presidential election, I see no way the Democrats will screw it up like the last time. If their candidate makes sense moderate Republicans will either cross the line or not vote. Let's hope they find a great candidate. And get the country moving.

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

sunny wrote:Now the media is trying to imply it is a crime to investigate evil Hillary.
Meh, it just depends on who you frequent. If you're a "Faux News" lover or a "Clinton News Network" lover. My experience is that they are all the same. Both news outlets have made it their "business" to go against the other party's leadership. That means their stories are often slanted one way or the other.
crondanet5 wrote:When I voted for Donald he was the lesser of two evuils. He remains the lesser of two evils today. Pence was selected for VP not declaring what his political views were and I am not a fan of what I have read about his actions. I hope we can stick with Donald, despite his shenanigans until 2020 when the Democrats offer a great candidate. If not, we're doomed to go to the G Fund.
I didn't think that way. For me, Donald offered the same as Obama. Both spoke in vague terms and offered to do "stuff" for the people. I like specifics. I want to know what they want to accomplish and how they want to get there. I have voted in the past for both parties, but this election definitely saw me not even considering the GOP side.

My opinion is that the American economy is built in such a way that almost a dog could be president and it will continue to grow. American ingenuity and innovation is simply unbeatable (in my opinion).

I stick with my present plan. January should be a big wake up call for the markets as legislation is a very slow and cumbersome process.

We'll see.

Fund Prices2024-04-18

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.27%
F $18.62 -0.30% -3.14%
C $78.45 -0.21% 5.50%
S $76.12 -0.20% -1.27%
I $40.67 0.02% 1.21%
L2065 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2060 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2055 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2050 $31.35 -0.13% 2.44%
L2045 $14.32 -0.12% 2.35%
L2040 $52.37 -0.11% 2.29%
L2035 $13.85 -0.10% 2.21%
L2030 $46.21 -0.09% 2.15%
L2025 $12.93 -0.05% 1.72%
Linc $25.28 -0.04% 1.51%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".