F.u trump

For those topics that don't have a place in any of the other forums.

Moderator: Aitrus

ArrieS

Re: F.u trump

Post by ArrieS »

We should also remember Amazon has similar deals with Fedex and UPS. So I guess Amazon is also taking advantage of those two companies?
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

XAMOTOMAX

Post by XAMOTOMAX »

ArrieS wrote:We should also remember Amazon has similar deals with Fedex and UPS. So I guess Amazon is also taking advantage of those two companies?
That's up to the executives of FedEx and UPS to determine. This isn't about right or wrong...it's just a case of an executive managing his organization in the way he sees best fit. We can agree or disagree with what exactly that means all day long but ultimately it's his choice to make as our elected leader.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

XAMOTOMAX wrote:
ArrieS wrote:We should also remember Amazon has similar deals with Fedex and UPS. So I guess Amazon is also taking advantage of those two companies?
That's up to the executives of FedEx and UPS to determine. This isn't about right or wrong...it's just a case of an executive managing his organization in the way he sees best fit. We can agree or disagree with what exactly that means all day long but ultimately it's his choice to make as our elected leader.
You do realize the Post office is independent of presidential control? It isn't a choice, it's an opinion and the facts say an incorrect one at that.

If a private business, and two of them at that, seem to think it's a good deal, I think that says a lot more than any facts I can present.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

XAMOTOMAX

Post by XAMOTOMAX »

Then why did a few tweets from someone with no say in matters cause the company's stock to decline 12.5%?

MakeMe$$$$

Post by MakeMe$$$$ »

XAMOTOMAX wrote:Then why did a few tweets from someone with no say in matters cause the company's stock to decline 12.5%?
“Someone”? The premise of the question is nonsense.
Don
Rolled over to Fidelity 2/24/18.
Fantasy still playing with Daily Strategy 12767.

XAMOTOMAX

Post by XAMOTOMAX »

Lol seriously? That's your come back? This horse is officially dead.

MakeMe$$$$

Post by MakeMe$$$$ »

XAMOTOMAX wrote:Lol seriously? That's your come back? This horse is officially dead.
The premise that the president is just "someone" is absolute nonsense. When the leader of a powerful nation chooses to attack a person or private entity it isn't just "someone". That is especially true for attacking Americans. This is further exacerbated when they have the power and the inclination to bring governmental entities to bear on their personal beef.

Your previous points on the shipping/postage costs of Chinese being less than US producers is fair. There is a pretty good WSJ article that addresses this but that is not a fair basis for any anti-Amazon arguments the president is putting out there.

There are certainly other issues worthy of bringing into the discussion about Amazon but shipping costs because the PO negotiated a bad deal is not one of them. It is a paper tiger argument used in an attempt to smoke screen Trump's vendetta against the Washington Post owner Jeff Bezos. Trump has made it very clear on how he hates the WP and that Bezos uses his money to support the WP.
Don

XAMOTOMAX

Post by XAMOTOMAX »

I am hesitant to reply...but...

Go back and read again. I didn't make the statements you are referring to and my "someone" comment was intentionally (and sarcastically) dismissive in response to the claim that the POTUS has no say over USPS matters.

All I said was that there was some truth to what Trump has said about Amazon. I'm not a staunch Trump supporter and I haven't debated the merit of Trump's position RE USPS and Amazon other than pointing out there was some truth to what he has said which I clarified. You guys get so inflamed over the topic...it's absurd. Emotions clearly dictate your opinions and statements and while a little light hearted debate was originally entertaining, now it's just tiresome. Nanny-nanny-boo-boo, I know you are but what am I and finally, take a chill pill. X OUT!

Octjan2

Post by Octjan2 »

Why does it seem Trump is doing everything in his power to make the market drop now? He is talking down Amazon, he is pushing the tariffs. Do investors not realize he is all talk? It seems he is so narcissistic that he loves yielding the power of moving the markets. It seems that after the drop in February he realized he couldn’t move the markets up any more, so he decided he would move the market down to maintain some bizarre control. Anybody else notice this?

MakeMe$$$$

Post by MakeMe$$$$ »

XAMOTOMAX wrote:I am hesitant to reply...but......
Being sarcastically dismissive can back fire but I get your point. However, your method to make your point seems in direct conflict with the intended outcome. Anyways...

I agree that Trump has said some things that could be considered truthful but where I get "inflamed" is how he is using the office of the POTUS to pick winners and losers.
Don

Octjan2

Post by Octjan2 »

Buckle up and look for an entry instead of an exit. BOLD PREDICTION: new all-time highs coming in the next month. Lol, at least that is what Gregory Mannarino is saying on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=323s&v=Lt29Kwk5yvk

MakeMe$$$$

Post by MakeMe$$$$ »

Octjan2 wrote:Buckle up and look for an entry instead of an exit. BOLD PREDICTION: new all-time highs coming in the next month. Lol, at least that is what Gregory Mannarino is saying on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=323s&v=Lt29Kwk5yvk
I certainly think that when earnings come out during the next few weeks we should see some good news. Not sure about all time highs but we will see.

Of course, if we see a trade war truly develop then a lot of bets are off. Currently China and the US are in a bluster/bluff contest. The hope is that the more quiet, studious folks hammer out deals to avoid meaningful tariffs.
Don

evilanne

Post by evilanne »

MakeMe$$$$ wrote:Of course, if we see a trade war truly develop then a lot of bets are off. Currently China and the US are in a bluster/bluff contest. The hope is that the more quiet, studious folks hammer out deals to avoid meaningful tariffs.
Are you factoring in China's challenge to the petro-dollar and US Reserve Currency status with their move to pay for oil in Yuan? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin ... SKBN1H51FA

Octjan2

Post by Octjan2 »

Futures down over 1% on this guys trade comments again. Recommended another 100 billion in tariffs on China.

MakeMe$$$$

Post by MakeMe$$$$ »

evilanne wrote:
MakeMe$$$$ wrote:Of course, if we see a trade war truly develop then a lot of bets are off. Currently China and the US are in a bluster/bluff contest. The hope is that the more quiet, studious folks hammer out deals to avoid meaningful tariffs.
Are you factoring in China's challenge to the petro-dollar and US Reserve Currency status with their move to pay for oil in Yuan? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin ... SKBN1H51FA
OH...heck no...that is way above my limited abilities to see how this chess match turns out. LOL
Don

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".