Happy Veteran's day, 2018!

For those topics that don't have a place in any of the other forums.

Moderator: Aitrus

michigande

Happy Veteran's day, 2018!

Post by michigande »

“A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount up to and including their life.”

To all who have worn the uniform of our country, thank you for your service. It was a privilege and an honor for me to serve our great nation (some 25 years ago!).

rcozby

Re: Happy Veteran's day, 2018!

Post by rcozby »

Hear, Hear!!

And, on a semi-related note:

"Holiday Closing — Some financial markets will be closed on Monday, November 12 in observance of the Veterans Day holiday. The Thrift Savings Plan will also be closed. Transactions that would have been processed Monday night (November 12) will be processed Tuesday night (November 13), at Monday's closing share prices."

That last part may be of interest. You can still execute an IFT as normal today, it just won't be visible until Tuesday night.

Enjoy the holiday!

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

rcozby wrote:Hear, Hear!!

And, on a semi-related note:

"Holiday Closing — Some financial markets will be closed on Monday, November 12 in observance of the Veterans Day holiday. The Thrift Savings Plan will also be closed. Transactions that would have been processed Monday night (November 12) will be processed Tuesday night (November 13), at Monday's closing share prices."

That last part may be of interest. You can still execute an IFT as normal today, it just won't be visible until Tuesday night.

Enjoy the holiday!
Wait, really? That's interesting.
Owner/creator of TSPcalc.com - "Know your numbers"

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Thanks michigande. Due to my military service I feel as if I have been blessed. I served in Vietnam as an NCO, and know the bamboozlements that went on. I came home, and well "discombobulation" is a word that comes to mind. I have three brothers, only one went into the military. It changed us both, mostly for the good.

One of the blessing I received was the government job I got afterwards. I don't think I would have gotten it (or wanted it) otherwise. That by it self might not mean much in the grand scheme of things.
But without it, I wouldn't have a TSP account, and been part of this great community.
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

Billionair

Post by Billionair »

I hope you all had a great Veteran's Day (off from work) as I did.

I performed my usual ritual, which involves getting drunk at Applebee's, and meeting new friends from all over the military world.
-What we do in Life, echoes in Retirement-

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

Billionair wrote:I hope you all had a great Veteran's Day (off from work) as I did.

I performed my usual ritual, which involves getting drunk at Applebee's, and meeting new friends from all over the military world.
I like you .... :mrgreen:

Enjoyed the day off with the family, ended up at a Mexican restaurant and they fed us unlimited shots of tequila. One of those nights/days where you head back to work still feeling it. :lol:

Billionair

Post by Billionair »

jlozano042 wrote:
Billionair wrote:I hope you all had a great Veteran's Day (off from work) as I did.

I like you .... :mrgreen:

Enjoyed the day off with the family, ended up at a Mexican restaurant and they fed us unlimited shots of tequila. One of those nights/days where you head back to work still feeling it. :lol:
Dually noted that your drink of preference is tequila lol! I like whiskey-sour's. I always try and get a round for the new military/younger folk I see! I'm glad you had a good day though, it's always needed! This snowstorm this week might get us another day off!
-What we do in Life, echoes in Retirement-

Octjan2

Post by Octjan2 »

Tomanyiron wrote:Thanks michigande. Due to my military service I feel as if I have been blessed. I served in Vietnam as an NCO, and know the bamboozlements that went on. I came home, and well "discombobulation" is a word that comes to mind. I have three brothers, only one went into the military. It changed us both, mostly for the good.

One of the blessing I received was the government job I got afterwards. I don't think I would have gotten it (or wanted it) otherwise. That by it self might not mean much in the grand scheme of things.
But without it, I wouldn't have a TSP account, and been part of this great community.
Vietnam! Wow, Tom, I didn’t realize you had been around so long, lol. Are you retired from government service?

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Yes, 9 years now. But the work never ends. Extra time is like closets in your house, they fill up fast.
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

Fund Prices2024-05-13

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.25 0.04% 1.58%
F $18.88 0.11% -1.77%
C $81.80 -0.02% 10.00%
S $80.29 0.05% 4.15%
I $42.83 0.10% 6.58%
L2065 $16.32 0.03% 7.94%
L2060 $16.32 0.03% 7.95%
L2055 $16.32 0.03% 7.95%
L2050 $32.63 0.04% 6.60%
L2045 $14.87 0.04% 6.27%
L2040 $54.26 0.04% 5.98%
L2035 $14.32 0.04% 5.62%
L2030 $47.62 0.04% 5.28%
L2025 $13.17 0.04% 3.59%
Linc $25.67 0.04% 3.05%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".