What the Candidates Are Saying

For those topics that don't have a place in any of the other forums.

Moderator: Aitrus

PhilJohn

Re: What the Candidates Are Saying

Post by PhilJohn »

tspwizard1 wrote:
PhilJohn wrote:Pelosi wants America to be like her district. Homeless people pooping in yards.
Yet another mindless, fact less, Trump-ish comment from this simpleton.

It’s ”Trumpish” to hold elected leaders responsible for severe homeless populations. I would agree with that. I was in SF two years ago. You couldn’t walk into a shop or eatery without stepping over someone sleeping on the sidewalk. It was really a culture shock to see human suffering on that large a scale. The locals would walk over them without even missing a beat. Go to Detroit, Chicago, pretty much any DFL controlled urban area. They all smell like urine.

PhilJohn

Post by PhilJohn »

Tomanyiron wrote:I have been reading things the candidates are saying.
In a POLITICO interview, Kamala Harris said something that really jumped out at me.
“a tax plan that calls for a $500 monthly credit for families earning less than $100,000 a year.”

I think that's basely an attempt to buy votes, thoughts, opinions?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/ ... at-1345346

Yeah, the same lady that would smoke fatties in her dorm listening to TuPac before he became a musician. This is the same lady that endorsed the Green New Deal and nationalized health care. How much would that raise your taxes???? Haha, tell that dumb woman to keep her 500.00 bucks!

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

PhilJohn wrote: It’s ”Trumpish” to hold elected leaders responsible for severe homeless populations.

You're not holding them responsible. You're just using it as a point to bash.

Nor are you arriving at a conclusion from a point of knowledge. States like California have more expansive programs for the homeless. Why do sick people go to the hospital, because that's where the medicine is. Why do homeless people go to California? Because that's where the help is, and the weather. After all, if you're going to be homeless, you should be homeless in a place with temperate weather.

Cities with a high cost of living because of high property values bring in far more tax revenue so those cities have more to work with for social programs.

Not to mention homelessness isn't a crime in California

Say what you want about their programs and their effectiveness, but it isn't causing homelessness, it's attracting those who are already homeless.

Your logical failings are typical for Trump supporters. How much longer until you start demanding hospitals are shut down because so many people are dying there?

But if you really want to hold someone accountable, how about Trump?

Because in 2017, after 7 years, the number of homeless veterans rose in the country. While it dropped again in 2018. It's still below the last few years of Obama's presidency.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

That sounds better than taking money out of my wallet to pay tariffs on imported goods.

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

crondanet5 wrote:That sounds better than taking money out of my wallet to pay tariffs on imported goods.
Add to that this good ole news:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tr ... n-n1012241

and this

https://www.politico.eu/article/eu-told ... is-summer/

Oh and try giving this a read: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_tariffs. There is really a lot of meat there...

and it seems like my prior article was even more accurate:

https://seekingalpha.com/article/426626 ... an-economy

PhilJohn

Post by PhilJohn »

How can you vote for people who literally claim the earth is going to end in 12 years because of cow farts. It’s really a shame we don’t implement an IQ test requirement to serve in congress or vote. The Democratic Party would cease to exist.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

PhilJohn wrote:How can you vote for people who literally claim the earth is going to end in 12 years because of cow farts. It’s really a shame we don’t implement an IQ test requirement to serve in congress or vote. The Democratic Party would cease to exist.
Because we're not. I guess you can vote for who your news channel tells you to because you don't bother to think critically or independently.

Pointing out the intellectual failings of Trump supporters is low hanging fruit. But I do like fruit.

The cow comment was a press release from her office that was sarcasm.
“We set a goal to get to net-zero, rather than zero emissions, in 10 years because we aren’t sure that we’ll be able to fully get rid of farting cows and airplanes that fast...”[/quote]

Since sarcasm does require some intelligence, I guess you failed that test.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

PhilJohn wrote:How can you vote for people who literally claim the earth is going to end in 12 years because of cow farts. It’s really a shame we don’t implement an IQ test requirement to serve in congress or vote. The Democratic Party would cease to exist.
Please cite sources.

Thanks,

Me

tspwizard1

Post by tspwizard1 »

PhilJohn wrote:
tspwizard1 wrote:
PhilJohn wrote:Pelosi wants America to be like her district. Homeless people pooping in yards.
Yet another mindless, fact less, Trump-ish comment from this simpleton.

It’s ”Trumpish” to hold elected leaders responsible for severe homeless populations. I would agree with that. I was in SF two years ago. You couldn’t walk into a shop or eatery without stepping over someone sleeping on the sidewalk. It was really a culture shock to see human suffering on that large a scale. The locals would walk over them without even missing a beat. Go to Detroit, Chicago, pretty much any DFL controlled urban area. They all smell like urine.
? Seriously ? Trump looks at migrants who are going through unimaginable suffering like roaches! You boy Trump is as racist as it gets!

tspwizard1

Post by tspwizard1 »

PhilJohn wrote:
Tomanyiron wrote:I have been reading things the candidates are saying.
In a POLITICO interview, Kamala Harris said something that really jumped out at me.
“a tax plan that calls for a $500 monthly credit for families earning less than $100,000 a year.”

I think that's basely an attempt to buy votes, thoughts, opinions?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/ ... at-1345346

Yeah, the same lady that would smoke fatties in her dorm listening to TuPac before he became a musician. This is the same lady that endorsed the Green New Deal and nationalized health care. How much would that raise your taxes???? Haha, tell that dumb woman to keep her 500.00 bucks!
PhilJohn you don't strike me as bright at all. I guarantee Mrs. Harris is at least 30 IQ points smarter than you are.

PhilJohn

Post by PhilJohn »

Haha whoa!
Trumps a racist...San Fran homeless pop are all veterans, Trump hates migrants, yet libs refuse to admit it’s a crisis at the boarder, the Green New Deal is good legislation, CNN is reputable news, and cow farts are going to kill all of us.
I’ve never been around a collection of people so willing to go full retard, so fast. For that, I salute you. Honestly, the only thing that could possibly provide me more political entertainment is when AG Barr starts handing out criminal indictments as soon as next month. Hey though, it’s not all so bad. You guys will never have to share a train with me to Hawaii because the Democratic Party is clearly insane and idiotic political stunts from brain dead bartenders will never pass Congress. Excuse me, I have to take a Wiz... :lol:
Last edited by PhilJohn on Fri May 31, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

PhilJohn wrote:Haha whoa!
Trumps a racist...San Fran homeless pop are all veterans...

So you can't even make it past a single sentence without lying. No wonder you support Trump. Lies are all you have. You don't have the truth on your side. I doubt you even know what it is or could even recognize it.

Tell me, how sad is your life? How angry must you be every day and how powerless do you feel to need to lie just to feel you have a point?

You have my pitty. Do you even feel like a man when you go to sleep at night?
Last edited by ArrieS on Fri May 31, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PhilJohn

Post by PhilJohn »

Lol Wiz. Is this the part where you tell me you’re going to look up my address and teach me a lesson? I can’t live with that sort of fear....

I don’t want to judge you as a person. I wish you long life, prosperity, good health, and most of all, I wish you would remove your head from the establishments ass and start thinking a bit for yourself. Just listen for the “pop”.

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

PhilJohn wrote:Haha whoa!
Trumps a racist...San Fran homeless pop are all veterans, Trump hates migrants, yet libs refuse to admit it’s a crisis at the boarder, the Green New Deal is good legislation, CNN is reputable news, and cow farts are going to kill all of us.
I’ve never been around a collection of people so willing to go full retard, so fast. For that, I salute you. Honestly, the only thing that could possibly provide me more political entertainment is when AG Barr starts handing out criminal indictments as soon as next month. Hey though, it’s not all so bad. You guys will never have to share a train with me to Hawaii because the Democratic Party is clearly insane and idiotic political stunts from brain dead bartenders will never pass Congress. Excuse me, I have to take a Wiz... :lol:
Please cite sources. So far I see baseless opinions without evidence. Let's stick to facts please.

bigmatt

Post by bigmatt »

It actually took longer than I expected for someone to call someone a racist on here... But seriously, I think its safe to say each side thinks the other side is stupid/racist/moronic/intellectually-challenged. Also, each side thinks they have all of the facts and true information and the other side doesn't.

Just realize you most likely won't change someone's opinion because you insulted them.

Personally, I think her tax credit is the same difference as a tax cut or tax relief for a specifically targeted population to boost votes. It has been done in almost every single election.

Fund Prices2024-05-10

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.24 0.01% 1.54%
F $18.86 -0.22% -1.88%
C $81.82 0.18% 10.02%
S $80.25 -0.32% 4.10%
I $42.79 0.31% 6.48%
L2065 $16.31 0.16% 7.91%
L2060 $16.32 0.16% 7.91%
L2055 $16.32 0.16% 7.92%
L2050 $32.61 0.12% 6.56%
L2045 $14.86 0.11% 6.24%
L2040 $54.24 0.10% 5.94%
L2035 $14.31 0.09% 5.58%
L2030 $47.61 0.09% 5.24%
L2025 $13.16 0.05% 3.55%
Linc $25.66 0.04% 3.01%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".