She is gonna pull back. Hide

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

mhende2

Re: She is gonna pull back. Hide

Post by mhende2 »

Misfit, tspwizard already told us he's going to be in G for next 8-10 years because the sky is falling. It requires a high level of intelligence to buy and hold G you know. Most people on here tend to do active research and form educated opinions instead of just reciting or reposting some pundits opinion that is always changing after the markets have closed. Most of us also are mature enough to keep politics out of our posts. tspwiz, go Wizzz someplace where the other immature trolls hang out.
In investing, what is comfortable is rarely profitable.
-Robert Arnott

tspwizard1

Post by tspwizard1 »

First off lol at the responses. Loving it. I don't play fantasy tsp. I run three 12 team fantasy football leagues and one 12 team fantasy basketball league and that keeps me plenty busy. I like playing for real money. if there was real money awarded to fantasy tsp players my ears would perk up and I would be in.[/quote]

-----------------
For being so busy with your football leagues, you spend an awful lotta time trolling here. May just as well join and let's see who falls off and ends up at walmart my liberal whatever. :lol: low intelligence You say? exactly the point...disrespectful and ' bullyish' on your end, if that's even a word. Btw, I love being bullied, it's your right and I don't get offended. I'm normal.[/quote]

So you I guess you believe the market can go up forever? Let me know how that works for you. I don't spend a lot of time trolling here. I made a prediction yesterday and with day one in the books it looks like I might have been right.

No matter what right-wing kool aid you're drinking you cannot deny the fact Obama never had kidnapped kids dying in cages on his watch. I'm sure that's fine with you though.

TSP Jedi

Post by TSP Jedi »

TSPWizard,
1. Marketwatch is disinfo for the institutions.
2. “Smart money” knows that the bull run ended in 2015/2016.
3. When is this so called pull back to 2011 lows going to occur?
4. Market right now is going higher!

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

PhilJohn wrote:The sad thing is you will ignore the numbers, or try to manipulate them. Anyone with a brain will see through it.
Isn't that cute. It's not if you have a brain, it's if you use it. Something tells me you just googled it and went to a nice 'Right' leaning website so they could give a 50,000-foot view of it and told you something you like. But you didn't bother to dig into the details.

The final budget resolution written and submitted by the 110th Congress to the President was approved by the House on June 5, 2008. The Budget was set and final funding for the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, and Department of Veterans Affairs was enacted on September 30, 2008. The rest of the agencies were partially funded until March 10, 2009.

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2008/roll382.xml
https://www.congress.gov/resources/disp ... +Year+2009

Additionally, the Troubled Asset Relief Program was signed into law on October 3, 2008. The TARP program originally authorized expenditures of $700 billion. But, total disbursements would be $431 billion.

Now I know you have a brain, but will you start using it from here on out?

Soooooooooo, does your brain tell you if those dates were before or after Obama took office?

And does your brain tell you tax receipts would have fallen from the Great Recession?
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

misfit

Post by misfit »

tspwizard1 wrote:First off lol at the responses. Loving it. I don't play fantasy tsp. I run three 12 team fantasy football leagues and one 12 team fantasy basketball league and that keeps me plenty busy. I like playing for real money. if there was real money awarded to fantasy tsp players my ears would perk up and I would be in.
-----------------
For being so busy with your football leagues, you spend an awful lotta time trolling here. May just as well join and let's see who falls off and ends up at walmart my liberal whatever. :lol: low intelligence You say? exactly the point...disrespectful and ' bullyish' on your end, if that's even a word. Btw, I love being bullied, it's your right and I don't get offended. I'm normal.[/quote]

So you I guess you believe the market can go up forever? Let me know how that works for you. I don't spend a lot of time trolling here. I made a prediction yesterday and with day one in the books it looks like I might have been right.

No matter what right-wing kool aid you're drinking you cannot deny the fact Obama never had kidnapped kids dying in cages on his watch. I'm sure that's fine with you though.[/quote]

----------------

Not right or left here. Hate politics. Just trying to teach my kids to work hard to move ahead. You ain't helping. Listen up wizard.... my 9 yr old gets it, you don't. I should say to him...Be lazy. Why work? maybe they should move south and return illegally for free stuff. That Would save me tons of cash.Please take a quick moment out of your busy schedule to listen and open your stinkin' mind. WTF IS YOUR DEAL. Your anger reflects weakness. WERE YOU IGNORED AS A CHILD PYLE.

And the market can't go up forever. GENIUS OBSERVATION. You mentioned this garbage a month ago before it went over 10 %.
Last edited by Aitrus on Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Admin edited a word in italics to a PG rating.

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

To everybody on both sides: tone it down a notch. There's absolutely no reason to dial this up to 11. Realize that you can't control what others think or do, and complaining about it won't change it. Neither will insulting groups of people because they don't feel the same way you do about politics.

"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters." - Epictetus
"The best revenge is to not be like your enemy." - Marcus Aurelius
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
Support the site by purchasing a membership at TSPCalc! https://tspcalc.com

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

tspwizard1 wrote: So you I guess you believe the market can go up forever?
Yea I think it can, in the long run. That's why I invest in stocks.

See that. Up and to the right.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

tspwizard1 wrote: If someone disagrees please tell me why you believe the longest bull market in history will continue to rise. I foresee a return to 2011 levels before the start of the next bull run.
As I understand it, the bull market started waffle a few years ago, toward the end of the Obama years. Not due to his policies or lack thereof, but due to the normal business cycle. Also, it's normal for a market to experience a pullback of 5% or so a couple of times a year, and for a deeper pullback of 10-20% once a year as well. Only if the market hits 20+% or worse are we in true correction territory, and only if it's sustained.

I think the market was overbought in Oct 18. So it took a breather, slowed down a bit, and is now on the way back up.

Paul over at http://www.tspallocation.com had a great discussion on this back during his Feb/Mar update. As you might recall, this time last year saw some crazy market action, but it all amounted to a bunch of nothing. I believe that what we saw in the fall of 2018 is much the same. The market goes up and down, and goes up more often and for longer periods than it goes down. Simple as that.

Paul's post:
http://www.tspallocation.com/february-m ... on-update/
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
Support the site by purchasing a membership at TSPCalc! https://tspcalc.com

sonofnthng

Post by sonofnthng »

tspwizard1 wrote: No matter what right-wing kool aid you're drinking you cannot deny the fact Obama never had kidnapped kids dying in cages on his watch. I'm sure that's fine with you though.
Uh, what? Obama started a whole lot of wars my friend. I hate to break it to you, but he has a whole lot of death on his hands.

While I'm here in this sh#tstorm, is the mobile site intentionally scaling the font to 20% or is it just me? Also, the Google opinions are all doom and gloom, it's ridiculous. If I took any of their advice, I'd be in g for life. Look at David Tice's latest.. Any thoughts on it?
Tracking #85660 -//- PIP 35.29% Jan '21
Seasonal Strategies:
http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 205#p53743
Yes, death is coming...but then again, it's always coming.
-Aitrus

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

sonofnthng wrote:Uh, what? Obama started a whole lot of wars my friend. I hate to break it to you, but he has a whole lot of death on his hands.
What wars are those?

misfit

Post by misfit »

ArrieS wrote:
sonofnthng wrote:Uh, what? Obama started a whole lot of wars my friend. I hate to break it to you, but he has a whole lot of death on his hands.
What wars are those?
--------
Every one that didn't defend our interests and keep us safe.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

misfit wrote:
ArrieS wrote:
What wars are those?
--------
Every one that didn't defend our interests and keep us safe.
So that's a none answer.

kavic

Post by kavic »

ArrieS wrote:
tspwizard1 wrote: So you I guess you believe the market can go up forever?
Yea I think it can, in the long run. That's why I invest in stocks.

See that. Up and to the right.

I agree, first thing I thought of when I read Wiz's comment. :D You should see what 30 years of compounding your TSP in the C/S fund looks like. It's a lot steeper than this chart.
Current Allocation: 50% G, 50% F
Strategy: various
Contributions: 50% C, 50% S

sonofnthng

Post by sonofnthng »

Use Google! I guess I'll do the research for you. Obama created the Islamic state aka isis, and Kerry admitted, ''a possibly useful tool overthrowing Bashar Assad.' He dropped bombs in Yemen, Somalia, Lybia, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan...

"Obama’s legacy will clearly be defined as more war than peace. Obama embraced drone attacks with such alacrity — authorizing 506 known strikes, compared with the 50 strikes under Bush — that he was dubbed “the drone president.” By dramatically boosting U.S. weapon exports, Obama also distinguished himself as the greatest arms exporter since World War II."

ttps://www.cnn.com/2014/09/23/politics/countri ... index.html
https://www.japantimes.co.jp/opinion/20 ... war-peace/

Also, there is a book literally titled, Obama's Wars. Check it out. 26k bombs in 2016 alone.
Tracking #85660 -//- PIP 35.29% Jan '21
Seasonal Strategies:
http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... 205#p53743
Yes, death is coming...but then again, it's always coming.
-Aitrus

tspwizard1

Post by tspwizard1 »

misfit wrote:
tspwizard1 wrote:First off lol at the responses. Loving it. I don't play fantasy tsp. I run three 12 team fantasy football leagues and one 12 team fantasy basketball league and that keeps me plenty busy. I like playing for real money. if there was real money awarded to fantasy tsp players my ears would perk up and I would be in.
-----------------
For being so busy with your football leagues, you spend an awful lotta time trolling here. May just as well join and let's see who falls off and ends up at walmart my liberal whatever. :lol: low intelligence You say? exactly the point...disrespectful and ' bullyish' on your end, if that's even a word. Btw, I love being bullied, it's your right and I don't get offended. I'm normal.

No matter what right-wing kool aid you're drinking you cannot deny the fact Obama never had kidnapped kids dying in cages on his watch. I'm sure that's fine with you though.[/quote]

----------------

Not right or left here. Hate politics. Just trying to teach my kids to work hard to move ahead. You ain't helping. Listen up wizard.... my 9 yr old gets it, you don't. I should say to him...Be lazy. Why work? maybe they should move south and return illegally for free stuff. That Would save me tons of cash.Please take a quick moment out of your busy schedule to listen and open your stinkin' mind. WTF IS YOUR DEAL. Your anger reflects weakness. WERE YOU IGNORED AS A CHILD PYLE.

And the market can't go up forever. GENIUS OBSERVATION. You mentioned this garbage a month ago before it went over 10 %.[/quote]

"I should say to him...Be lazy. Why work? maybe they should move south and return illegally for free stuff."

This sentiment is your main problem. You seem to think being on welfare or other government assistance programs is glamorous. It's not. And it's not a lot of money. We are losing purchasing power every single day. Such a small percentage of people would actually sign up for these programs and then just sit around as a life goal. Most people would much rather work. And the people that would rather work need assistance sometimes. Your comment has racist undertones. That doesn't surprise me, but it is sad though. My angry is a gift. And if you see what is going on right now and you're not angry I doubt you care about this country at all. Just start with Trump hiring a big oil lobbyist to run the Dept of Interior. Go from there.

Fund Prices2024-04-18

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.27%
F $18.62 -0.30% -3.14%
C $78.45 -0.21% 5.50%
S $76.12 -0.20% -1.27%
I $40.67 0.02% 1.21%
L2065 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2060 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2055 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2050 $31.35 -0.13% 2.44%
L2045 $14.32 -0.12% 2.35%
L2040 $52.37 -0.11% 2.29%
L2035 $13.85 -0.10% 2.21%
L2030 $46.21 -0.09% 2.15%
L2025 $12.93 -0.05% 1.72%
Linc $25.28 -0.04% 1.51%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".