Yo >>> ToMany... YEAH YOU !!

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

Navig8tor

Yo >>> ToMany... YEAH YOU !!

Post by Navig8tor »

What you got going on that you're showing a 4.84 here and a 13.20 over at "the other joint"?

Are you playing "a wedge" here and a "driver" next door?

WAAAAAY "too" coincidental not "to" be you if your handle is in "two" different spots with slightly different spellings :lol: :lol:

I picked up on it years ago...just never mentioned it. Three IFT's and "holed out" in the G-fund on this site while playing "long ball" and riding along in the S-fund over over there??? Is this site your "lay up" ?
Navig8tor
CWO4 (BOSN)
USCG, RET

misfit

Re: Yo >>> ToMany... YEAH YOU !!

Post by misfit »

Navig8tor wrote:What you got going on that you're showing a 4.84 here and a 13.20 over at "the other joint"?

Are you playing "a wedge" here and a "driver" next door?

WAAAAAY "too" coincidental not "to" be you if your handle is in "two" different spots with slightly different spellings :lol: :lol:

I picked up on it years ago...just never mentioned it. Three IFT's and "holed out" in the G-fund on this site while playing "long ball" and riding along in the S-fund over over there??? Is this site your "lay up" ?
-----------------------------------
Which one is he following in the real tsp? Or is that another site :P

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

I used to play a more risky version at the Talk. After that S fund transfer in July of 2017, I got too busy to peruse the double identity. I am as surprised as you of the +13.20% YTD. I had forgotten what fund I had left it in. I hadn’t been checking the Auto Tracker, but I did this morning. If you look, you can see I had -9.26% in 2018. I will never be that kind of investor. “Friends Don’t Let Friends Buy and Hold”.
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

Billionair

Post by Billionair »

Just want to point out that not all Marines speak like Navig8, because I didn't understand a word he said. But also sitting on the sidelines unsure of going in on the S. We breached above the 200 day MA, but each time we have done so the last 2 times, indicated a sharp drop. Also, unwanting to buy in at these prices. Waiting for a drop!

Carry on with the thread though :D.
-What we do in Life, echoes in Retirement-

Navig8tor

Post by Navig8tor »

Tomanyiron wrote:I used to play a more risky version at the Talk. After that S fund transfer in July of 2017, I got too busy to peruse the double identity. I am as surprised as you of the +13.20% YTD. I had forgotten what fund I had left it in. I hadn’t been checking the Auto Tracker, but I did this morning. If you look, you can see I had -9.26% in 2018. I will never be that kind of investor. “Friends Don’t Let Friends Buy and Hold”.
I gotcha. I don't pay much attention to my account over there either.
Billionair wrote:....I didn't understand a word he said. But also sitting on the sidelines
Billionair - my post was just word play. "Tomanyiron's" handle (screen name) could mean "too many irons in the golf bag," or, "too many irons in the fire." He's got a couple of screen names on different websites with slight variations of the word "to/two/too/2". Since I don't know if he's got "too many irons in the fire," or "too many irons in his golf bag," I had a 50/50 chance of getting one right. I figured I'd go with the "golf" lingo.

Deciphering website "handles" is kinda like driving around D.C. trying to figure out what the heck someone has attempted to spell on their vanity plate >>> most have some kind of inferred meaning.
Navig8tor
CWO4 (BOSN)
USCG, RET

Billionair

Post by Billionair »

Lol, I was just messing with you. First time I ever had a CWO explain himself to me :O.
-What we do in Life, echoes in Retirement-

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

Nav how are you doing on that other site?

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

The user name mystery has been discussed before, but here goes again. When I joined TSP Center in April 2010, I had just retired and was so busy. I was starting a small business. But before that, my wife and I were about to go on an extended vacation. I thought all I needed was something else on my slate. It didn’t take me but a minute to come up with “Too Many Irons in the Fire”. An old blacksmithing term, my father had warned me about so many times. The site only allows 10 characters, so I had to drop one “o” in Too, and remove the S in “irons”. You don’t know how many times I wished I had taken a little more time to decide on my “handle”.
Why didn’t I use the #2? A while after that I discovered the Talk site, and joined with “2manyirons”.
Since then I wish I had chosen “2ManyChart”, “TooMany”, or “Umpteen”.

Now let’s get crondanet5 to explain his :? :?:

Navig8tor

Post by Navig8tor »

crondanet5 wrote:Nav how are you doing on that other site?
Don't know...let me go look >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 11.18%
Navig8tor
CWO4 (BOSN)
USCG, RET

Navig8tor

Post by Navig8tor »

Irons - did you get your byline, "The secret to survivin' is knowin' what to throw away, and knowin' what to keep," from a book entitled: "The Probability Lifesaver"?

I know it's a math thing but >>> kinda applies to HOARDING as well. :lol: :lol:
Navig8tor
CWO4 (BOSN)
USCG, RET

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

Navig8tor wrote:Irons - did you get your byline, "The secret to survivin' is knowin' what to throw away, and knowin' what to keep," from a book entitled: "The Probability Lifesaver"?

I know it's a math thing but >>> kinda applies to HOARDING as well. :lol: :lol:
Don't tell me you don't know where that line came from?

Oh, by the way thanks for the book idea, I just ordered a used one for $20.

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".