Website market suggestions

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

cswift01

Website market suggestions

Post by cswift01 »

Dear all,

Just like everyone, I try to get ahead of the market. Naturally, just like everyone, I "sucketh maximuth" (try saying that out loud) at doing so. I've come across these 2 websites for "inspiration" but I would like to know what other free resources you guys use. What I'm most interested is a clean website where they prognosticate (you don't have to read too much, it's dry and dirty). Hopefully you guys can add to the list:

https://www.forecasts.org/index.htm
http://investwithanedge.com/market-leadership-strategy

As you suggest, I will add to the list.

Thanks!

Me

jlozano042

Re: Website market suggestions

Post by jlozano042 »

cswift01, thanks for those two websites - I'm going to keep those in my fav folder for sure. I wish I had something to offer .... but I did stand up and yell at the top of my lungs "I sucketh maximuth" at my office.

I got mostly sharp/odd stares from my coworkers ... they starred for sometime as if waiting for me to either do something really crazy or yell something odd again. To be honest, what I thought was a funny idea at first turned into deep-red humiliation from the reaction of my team. I tried to divert all of this attention from me by pointing at the T.V. on the far side of the wall, as if I was responding to something on the Tele. A few folks turned, but most continued to stare at me .... still ... waiting for me to do something. I then tried to mutter, what I was hoping to say "Who said that?" but my next words was a loud-high-pitch "I SUCKETH MAXIMUTH!!!!!"

I immediately lost feeling in my legs and I slumped into my chair .... quivering, I covered my eyes with my hands. What have I become?

michigande

Post by michigande »

The topic of sharing market commentary sites was brought up a little while ago with a ton of useful results shared

http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... tes#p74247

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

jlozano042 wrote:cswift01, thanks for those two websites - I'm going to keep those in my fav folder for sure. I wish I had something to offer .... but I did stand up and yell at the top of my lungs "I sucketh maximuth" at my office.

I got mostly sharp/odd stares from my coworkers ... they starred for sometime as if waiting for me to either do something really crazy or yell something odd again. To be honest, what I thought was a funny idea at first turned into deep-red humiliation from the reaction of my team. I tried to divert all of this attention from me by pointing at the T.V. on the far side of the wall, as if I was responding to something on the Tele. A few folks turned, but most continued to stare at me .... still ... waiting for me to do something. I then tried to mutter, what I was hoping to say "Who said that?" but my next words was a loud-high-pitch "I SUCKETH MAXIMUTH!!!!!"

I immediately lost feeling in my legs and I slumped into my chair .... quivering, I covered my eyes with my hands. What have I become?
Hahha...written like a book. I can't wait for chapter 2. :D

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

michigande wrote:The topic of sharing market commentary sites was brought up a little while ago with a ton of useful results shared

http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... tes#p74247
Michigande,

Thanks. Yes, I was the one creating that post. I created that post with the idea that I could share and receive great insights on market evaluation tools. It was a bit general in nature. The difference now is that I'm searching for (free) tools that help you prognosticate as opposed to evaluate a fund or idea. Does the difference make sense?

Thanks,

Me

winsprint

Post by winsprint »

Last edited by winsprint on Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

This is an idea I read about a while back, something that will take a little more work. Using Google Trends to analyze changes in query volumes. Google Trends shows how many times a word has been queried on Google's engine in a specific interval of time. Terms related to finance, such as “debt” or “stocks” found patterns that may be signs of stock market moves.
https://trends.google.com/trends/?geo=US
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

In the what it's worth department, I just looked at two queries: "Best Stock" and "Best Loan". "Best Stock" looks to be trending down and "Best Loan" trending up.
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

Billionair

Post by Billionair »

Yo Swift,

Thanks for the links big dog, I liked the Forecaster! How accurate have they proven to have been for you? If they prove right +5 every year. If I lose money 1 time, -5 every week. :P.
-What we do in Life, echoes in Retirement-

cswift01

Post by cswift01 »

Billionair wrote:Yo Swift,

Thanks for the links big dog, I liked the Forecaster! How accurate have they proven to have been for you? If they prove right +5 every year. If I lose money 1 time, -5 every week. :P.
:lol:

The first one (forecasts) was helpful in predicting last year's February drop (for me). I didn't listen, but at least I knew what to expect. They didn't know about December and didn't expect the growth this year, so I use them more as another tool. The 2nd one, investwithanedge is something I newly discovered.

I have found my sweet spot after doing tons of background research on virtually everything. Unfortunately what I like is not available as a fund within TSP, but thankfully M1 Finance and Fidelity are helpful in meeting those needs. Oh and if anyone else is with Fidelity, on the 28th of Feb they should be providing many more ETFs for free. I'm particularly very excited about their small-mid factor ETF that should become available. That sucker has a great average return for a buy-and-holder like me.

Enjoy!

Me

tsartele

Post by tsartele »

Tspcalc.com 30%+ returns possible

TheCube

Post by TheCube »

tsartele wrote:Tspcalc.com 30%+ returns possible
Savage wrote:Yep, strategy #57171 is up over 15% so far this year. I hope it plays out the way you hope it does. But in my opinion it's an outlier. It's easy to promote the strategy that's currently on fire. But as of right now, #57171 has basically been S-fund buy and hold so far this year. I really hope it works out. I just see this as the exception, not the norm when it comes to tspcalc strategies. Let's just think about this for a moment...if the S-fund was down by 15% YTD in 2019, would it be wise to jump into the F-fund next week? These things look fantastic in hindsight, and the ones doing well this year look nice too. But some of the decisions that will have to be made in order to follow it to a "T" just defy logic. I know the argument though, "if I had followed my plan last year, I would have done better than I did by deviating." Okay. I get it. Really, I get it. Again, I hope everyone following one of these daily strategies prospers. They're just not for me.
I tend to agree with Savage.

1dtrothe

Post by 1dtrothe »

I follow tspcenter.com

I do whatever he does. So far, he's been right about most everything.

Fund Prices2024-04-17

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.25%
F $18.68 0.50% -2.85%
C $78.62 -0.58% 5.72%
S $76.27 -0.89% -1.07%
I $40.66 -0.17% 1.19%
L2065 $15.60 -0.47% 3.17%
L2060 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2055 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2050 $31.39 -0.35% 2.57%
L2045 $14.34 -0.33% 2.47%
L2040 $52.43 -0.31% 2.41%
L2035 $13.87 -0.28% 2.31%
L2030 $46.25 -0.25% 2.24%
L2025 $12.93 -0.12% 1.78%
Linc $25.29 -0.09% 1.55%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".