TSP Center Subscriptions

What's new at TSP Center as well as discussion of features that are due to launch shortly.

Moderator: Aitrus

TSPking
Site Admin

TSP Center Subscriptions

Post by TSPking »

Friends, a big thank you to everyone who has donated to TSP Center. This has helped us reach our goal of procuring a new server and finalizing a colocation contract with one of the largest data centers in Silicon Valley. We are currently testing tspcenter.com's configuration requirements on this hardware and look forward to moving into the new data center as soon as April, 2013.

Based on many member submitted suggestions, we will be offering a very low cost ($5/mo) subscription service for TSP Center. All current features of the site will remain 100% free and not require a subscription. Future functionality enhancements will only be available to subscribers in addition to other benefits such as no ads, subscriber insignias, and private forums.

I think this meets the project's original intent of being a free resource for TSP'ers while also ensuring the lifeline required for sustainability and future growth.

I appreciate your understanding and look forward to your feedback...

TSPking
TSPking

It's a gift...and a curse ~ Adrian Monk

MakeMe$$$$

Re: TSP Center Subscriptions

Post by MakeMe$$$$ »

So...the $5 questions...how do we sign up?
Don
Rolled over to Fidelity 2/24/18.
Fantasy still playing with Daily Strategy 12767.

TSPking
Site Admin

Post by TSPking »

That is a good question. I'm finishing up the first of many subscriber features and will have the signup process complete sometime this week.
TSPking

MakeMe$$$$

Post by MakeMe$$$$ »

TSPking wrote:That is a good question. I'm finishing up the first of many subscriber features and will have the signup process complete sometime this week.

I always have "good questions" unless I'm messin' with Jahb. LOL Standing by for the news. Good luck on your project!
Don

grizzly386

Post by grizzly386 »

I think this is an excellent choice that you are offering. The amount of information that is readily available on a daily basis alone, is well worth $5.00 a month (even though most of it will continue to be free).
Thanks for everything TSP Center has done up until this point and taking steps to ensure its future success. 16 cents a day to ensure future growth and sustainability is minimal and I think everyone would agree a wise investment. I will definately be signing up and recommmend others do so as well.

BigMike

Post by BigMike »

Count me in as well!

GT-NMSU

Post by GT-NMSU »

The cheapskate in me thinks you should offer a $5/mo or a $50/yr option.
I imagine it will save you transaction fees plus you get the money up front.
Plus the best part is it saves me $10/yr....

All the cheapskates say WHAT WHAT with some Rep Points! :)

MakeMe$$$$

Post by MakeMe$$$$ »

GT-NMSU wrote:The cheapskate in me thinks you should offer a $5/mo or a $50/yr option.
I imagine it will save you transaction fees plus you get the money up front.
Plus the best part is it saves me $10/yr....

All the cheapskates say WHAT WHAT with some Rep Points! :)

Not sure how your transaction fees would work for you but MR. CHEAP had a good idea if it makes sense to you.
Don

maxbobcat

Post by maxbobcat »

I am ok with this idea, but over the years I have been a part of many forums that started out free and then, just like this, introduced private paid forums.

What happened in those cases, was the top posters started posting 80%+ of their posts in the private forums. When that happened, the free forums started dying and then no new members were attracted and that led to the eventual downfall of the forums.

I just offer this as a word of caution particularly to this site, because it is "top poster heavy". There are barely 35 posters that have over 100 posts. As long as people like Jahby keep spurring discussion with new articles, etc, I doubt it will be a problem, but just something to keep in mind, I would hate to see this site shrivel up and die.

TSPking
Site Admin

Post by TSPking »

maxbobcat wrote:I am ok with this idea, but over the years I have been a part of many forums that started out free and then, just like this, introduced private paid forums.

What happened in those cases, was the top posters started posting 80%+ of their posts in the private forums. When that happened, the free forums started dying and then no new members were attracted and that led to the eventual downfall of the forums.

I just offer this as a word of caution particularly to this site, because it is "top poster heavy". There are barely 35 posters that have over 100 posts. As long as people like Jahby keep spurring discussion with new articles, etc, I doubt it will be a problem, but just something to keep in mind, I would hate to see this site shrivel up and die.

Great feedbackup. Thank you
TSPking

meddian

Post by meddian »

HI. I am a paid monthly subscriber at the $5 a month-which is great. I love TSPcenter--although recently I am disappointed that I cant see the "S" chart. Can you tell me when and if it will always be this way? thank you..

Corn

Post by Corn »

Maybe make the Fantasy TSP notification for interfund transactions a part of the paid subscription when its fixed. Hell that is worth 10.00 per month!

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

This thread is 8 years old. The subscription offers I am considering now are different.
Owner/creator of TSPcalc.com - "Know your numbers"

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".