Leaderboard petition

Questions about FantasyTSP or suggestions for improvements should be directed here.

Moderator: Aitrus

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Re: Leaderboard petition

Post by mjedlin66 »

No, there is no development effort going into that endeavor.

Which is a shame, because I spent a lot of money having a new website designed for me by professionals, and never implemented it.
Owner/creator of TSPcalc.com - "Know your numbers"

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

For those who would like to support MJ for keeping TSPCenter operating at a loss, you can purchase a year of membership at TSPCalc.com. You'll be helping him out, even if you don't use that site's features and tools.
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
Support the site by purchasing a membership at TSPCalc! https://tspcalc.com

Snapdragon

Post by Snapdragon »

I might regret asking this, but what about putting some small ads on here? Would that help moneywise?
BTW, I am a paying member on Calc

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

MJ considered doing ads. They proved problematic (some people lost access to the site because their work firewalls blocked the site due to the ads), they didn't really add any meaningful amounts of revenue (a dollar or two over a month IRRC), and they didn't look good.

The other options he's considered: a donation button, a paid membership to the forum that included some additional possible benefits and widgets in the member's profile / avatar area, and linking to Amazon products. These were all rejected.

The donation button could just as easily be done by asking the member to purchase a membership on Calc instead, and we weren't sure of how sustainable a donation button would be for the amount of work that would go in to it. Paying for a Calc membership would kill two birds with one stone: added revenue that had membership benefits already built in.

The paid TSPCenter forum membership route would involve a lot of work, both to set it up and to implement perks. It all equated to a ton more work just to make the site revenue neutral.

The links to Amazon products was an idea to link all of the books on the Recommended Reading thread to Amazon's linked revenue kickback program. Again - not sure how much it would generate in exchange for the amount of work.

Full disclosure: most of the cost of the site is the amount that MJ generously pays me to moderate the site for him. I started doing this for free back when TSPKing still owned the site, and worked alongside skiehawk to ride herd on you hooligans. When MJ took over he offered to pay me a little something for my efforts. If the choice ever becomes a reduction in what he pays me or having the site shut down, I'll gladly do it for less if it means keeping the site functioning.
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
Support the site by purchasing a membership at TSPCalc! https://tspcalc.com

Snapdragon

Post by Snapdragon »

I see. So if we made you into a robot made of spare parts, that would save money. LOL, I'm kidding.
I don't want to see this site go.

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

I would entertain open sourcing this website so others can contribute development.

Google ads for some reason does almost nothing on this website. I feel like they greylisted it and since they won’t communicate with me at all, there’s nothing I can do about it. Google Ads made less than $5/month when it was installed here.

I tried setting up a Media.net account but King still has the login credentials for tspcenter’s account at Media.net. They won’t reassign the domain name to me and King didn’t respond to the one email I sent him about it years ago.

Amazon affiliate has been setup before but I didn’t make enough to cover their minimum income and they closed my account.
Owner/creator of TSPcalc.com - "Know your numbers"

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

mjedlin66 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:03 pm I would entertain open sourcing this website so others can contribute development....
:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

tnwhiskey

Post by tnwhiskey »

I mostly lurk, read, and research on the site but I am very appreciative of Matt and Aitrus keeping things together with duct tape. Being able to quickly look at info on the fantasy page has been quite helpful and without tspcenter, I pretty much would be clueless or not have any interest about reading charts, movements, etc. More importantly, I would have never learned about seasonal strats for the toolbox.

I don't know if it's feasible to merge elements of the center into calc. Nah, disregard, tspcalc confuses the hell out of people as it is. :lol: :lol:

Fund Prices2024-05-10

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.24 0.01% 1.54%
F $18.86 -0.22% -1.88%
C $81.82 0.18% 10.02%
S $80.25 -0.32% 4.10%
I $42.79 0.31% 6.48%
L2065 $16.31 0.16% 7.91%
L2060 $16.32 0.16% 7.91%
L2055 $16.32 0.16% 7.92%
L2050 $32.61 0.12% 6.56%
L2045 $14.86 0.11% 6.24%
L2040 $54.24 0.10% 5.94%
L2035 $14.31 0.09% 5.58%
L2030 $47.61 0.09% 5.24%
L2025 $13.16 0.05% 3.55%
Linc $25.66 0.04% 3.01%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".