TSP Center - The Thrift Savings Plan Community

"FantasyTSP™ and Discussion Forum for the Thrift Savings Plan Investor"

Recommend TSP Center Register  •  Search  •  FantasyTSP Trophies   

Board index » Thrift Savings Plan » General TSP Discussion

Join now for full access to TSP Center

This topic has 37 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view topic replies.

or 

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:15 pm 
Site Admin

Flag: Japan (jp)

Reputation point: 305
Hi! The site transfer is done.

There won't be any MAJOR changes coming to this site for a while. But there have already been quite a few updates and minor tweaks. If you run into any issues, please post about them here in this thread.

Subscriptions have all been cancelled, and the feature is disabled. I don't have access to the subscription information. If you used to have a subscription, you can manage it from your paypal account.
The donate link is disabled.
Fund colors have been changed to match TSPcalc. These colors also are much closer to the colors used on TSP.gov.
Aitrus is the only moderator, besides myself. But he's going to be #1. Aitrus has done a great job moderating here over the years and it is a thankless job, SO! Effectively immediately, Aitrus is receiving direct compensation.
The graphing library was updated. The TSP graphs look substantially different now but I think I worked out whatever bugs there were.
The three broken calculators were removed. The TSPcenter Seasonal Calculator, the Milestone calculator, and Retirement Savings Calculator. They were all in various state of broken so they've been removed.
The "Like us on Facebook" has been removed.
SSL is now enforced (Required).
TSPcenter will now automatically update. TSPking used to do his daily price updates manually. Now, TSPcenter will check for new TSP prices every 5 minutes after 1700 eastern time on weekdays. Once it finds new prices, it will automatically update.

Plans for the future:
Consolidate forums, I would like to have only like 3 or 4 forum topics total.
Upgrade to phpBB 3.3 and php 7 This job is like... half-done. In order to upgrade, I will probably have to remove the country flags and trophies. I think I can save the rep system.
Switch advertisements back to Google Adsense.
Add subscription service, $19.99/year, subscribers will see no ads, and eventually the SMS and email alerts for Fantasy TSP will require subscription. For now, they don't.

No rule changes for now. I lean more towards a hands-off moderation approach than an iron fist moderation approach. Aitrus and I will discuss his moderation styles and the rules before we make any tweaks.

A few of the most recent forum posts were dropped unintentionally in the move. Oh well.

Thanks
Matt

Profile FantasyTSP  

Board index » Thrift Savings Plan » General TSP Discussion