New Ownership

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

crondanet5

Re: New Ownership

Post by crondanet5 »

Congratulations Matt. Did you ever think your business would evolve like this? It will be interesting to see where this web site goes twelve years from now.

umberto

Post by umberto »

Yes, good news Matt et al. Let me know if help is needed.

Engineer getting close to retirement

Scorpio70

Post by Scorpio70 »

Thank you!

Midway

Post by Midway »

Had to much free time that you needed another project? Did you ask your wife first? Sit on your balcony, code, and have a beer on me. Thanks!

TopNotch

Post by TopNotch »

Thanks Matt! I know the site will be in good hands ...
David Tepper - "There is a time to make money and a time to not lose money."

Warren Buffett - "Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1."

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

Midway wrote:Had to much free time that you needed another project? Did you ask your wife first? Sit on your balcony, code, and have a beer on me. Thanks!
Ha! "Needed" is a strong word...

I'm neck-deep in my mustang restoration project, so now was just the perfect time to take on another website.

With King's help I've cloned this site on my server. Now I'm working out the bugs on the clone. We will move the live site in a couple of weeks.
Owner/creator of TSPcalc.com - "Know your numbers"

Bubba

Post by Bubba »

mjedlin66 wrote:
Midway wrote:Had to much free time that you needed another project? Did you ask your wife first? Sit on your balcony, code, and have a beer on me. Thanks!
Ha! "Needed" is a strong word...

I'm neck-deep in my mustang restoration project, so now was just the perfect time to take on another website.

With King's help I've cloned this site on my server. Now I'm working out the bugs on the clone. We will move the live site in a couple of weeks.
Just a suggestion, but maybe someone will offer some "free time" to code a bit on the website? I like the site a lot, but if you would like to create a revenue stream out of this (not much of course), but they always say that the key to making website money is to change the content often. You have many authors (i.e. us), but adding features or cosmetic changes might increase the money stream.

As a final suggestion to everyone else, if you want to help both King (as his last "hurra" and TSPCalc), why not advertise within your federal employment groups (Facebook pages, etc.). I have done this over the years quite often and have found more and more users throughout my small organization that come here. This could be another means of bringing in cash for the good of the website.

Thanks!

strohz

Post by strohz »

I'll second the awesome news, I was really bummed to hear it might shut down the other day. Thank you Matt & TSPking!!!

tnwhiskey

Post by tnwhiskey »

Thanks Matt

leugene

Post by leugene »

OMG!!!! This is the best news I've heard in a while. I'm so happy a deal was reached and TSP King thank you so much for providing this site. I can't stress enough how it has really boosted my level of knowledge with it come to taking control of my TSP. Whenever I do a new check-in I always ask about their financial future and recommend this site. I always have someone come into my office and thank me for recommending this site. It's all cause of you and your site that they come and think me. I can stop stressing now.

Regards,
Leo

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

Bubba wrote:
Just a suggestion, but maybe someone will offer some "free time" to code a bit on the website? I like the site a lot, but if you would like to create a revenue stream out of this (not much of course), but they always say that the key to making website money is to change the content often. You have many authors (i.e. us), but adding features or cosmetic changes might increase the money stream.

As a final suggestion to everyone else, if you want to help both King (as his last "hurra" and TSPCalc), why not advertise within your federal employment groups (Facebook pages, etc.). I have done this over the years quite often and have found more and more users throughout my small organization that come here. This could be another means of bringing in cash for the good of the website.

Thanks!
It's going to be a while before I get to spend any time making major changes. The new server is significantly different than the old one. I need to update code to make it all compatible.

Also, I think I mentioned this before, but I really want to hammer this point home. King has been manually typing in the prices every single day (and he still is!). That's a lot of dedication that I don't want you guys to expect from me. So right now I'm adapting the TSPcalc auto-updater code to work with the clone of TSPcenter. It just passed its first test.
Owner/creator of TSPcalc.com - "Know your numbers"

SLIC-G

Post by SLIC-G »

Lost it for a second....all is well now. Thanks King and Matt :mrgreen:

rrevjlk

Post by rrevjlk »

Thanks TSPKing for all your hard work on making TSPCenter the best.
Donation given and well worth it.
Thanks Matt for taking this responsibility on and continuing this great website.
Thanks Aitrus for your input and level headed moderating.
You guys are a great team.
Thanks again,
Jim

Regularguy

Post by Regularguy »

Great news for sure. It is nice to see feedback from many long time members on this subject.

Snapdragon

Post by Snapdragon »

Thank you King, Matt and Aitrus!

Fund Prices2024-04-16

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.24%
F $18.58 -0.32% -3.33%
C $79.08 -0.21% 6.34%
S $76.95 -0.41% -0.18%
I $40.73 -0.98% 1.37%
L2065 $15.67 -0.50% 3.66%
L2060 $15.67 -0.50% 3.67%
L2055 $15.68 -0.50% 3.67%
L2050 $31.50 -0.44% 2.93%
L2045 $14.38 -0.41% 2.81%
L2040 $52.59 -0.38% 2.72%
L2035 $13.91 -0.35% 2.60%
L2030 $46.37 -0.32% 2.50%
L2025 $12.95 -0.18% 1.90%
Linc $25.31 -0.14% 1.64%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".