The real looting is happening on Wallstreet

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

Tomanyiron

Re: The real looting is happening on Wallstreet

Post by Tomanyiron »

PhilJohn wrote:And Joe Biden takes the presidency and celebrates with a well earned victory vacation in the Phillipines, enjoying sunsets on the beach and groping more 12 year olds.
He responded to what you said.
https://youtu.be/wH-y_w0O5Bw?start=11&end=20
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." Plato
"Perfect numbers like perfect men are very rare." Rene Descartes

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

tspwizard1 wrote:
This isn't capitalism. That is the main problem. This is guaranteed profits for elite class through manipulation of markets. Ever heard of market discovery? Actually finding out what something is worth by not fixing markets. This corrupt policy doesn't end well. Eventually the bubble will be too big to pump up. Hard working, innocent people across the country will be very negatively effected. I'm surprised you cannot see that.
Okay, no price discovery? Why did the market crash in March?
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

ronh227

Post by ronh227 »

ArrieS wrote:
tspwizard1 wrote:
This isn't capitalism. That is the main problem. This is guaranteed profits for elite class through manipulation of markets. Ever heard of market discovery? Actually finding out what something is worth by not fixing markets. This corrupt policy doesn't end well. Eventually the bubble will be too big to pump up. Hard working, innocent people across the country will be very negatively effected. I'm surprised you cannot see that.
Yes I’d like to know too why market crashed so hard in March. If your answer is Covid 19 then we should still be down at those lows. There’s no vaccine to solve the problem that caused the crash in the first place. And if there’s a resurgence in Covid 19 like some states are seeing the market should be going down. Again using logic to explain the cause and effect for the initial crash (I know the markets are not logical but our rationalizations as to why we think it does what it does is)

stilljammi

Post by stilljammi »

ronh227 wrote:
ArrieS wrote:
tspwizard1 wrote:
Yes I’d like to know too why market crashed so hard in March. If your answer is Covid 19 then we should still be down at those lows. There’s no vaccine to solve the problem that caused the crash in the first place. And if there’s a resurgence in Covid 19 like some states are seeing the market should be going down. Again using logic to explain the cause and effect for the initial crash (I know the markets are not logical but our rationalizations as to why we think it does what it does is)
After 3 months of lockdown, we've proven that either all the measures we've taken are not working, or people are not following the measures. Either way, it took time to realize that all the lockdown did was buy some time.

The only argument for a bull at this point is that people are tired of social distancing and are ok with more cases. And that's honestly not a bad take seeing all these people without masks nowadays.

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

ArrieS wrote:
tspwizard1 wrote:

Fund Prices2024-04-17

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.25%
F $18.68 0.50% -2.85%
C $78.62 -0.58% 5.72%
S $76.27 -0.89% -1.07%
I $40.66 -0.17% 1.19%
L2065 $15.60 -0.47% 3.17%
L2060 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2055 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2050 $31.39 -0.35% 2.57%
L2045 $14.34 -0.33% 2.47%
L2040 $52.43 -0.31% 2.41%
L2035 $13.87 -0.28% 2.31%
L2030 $46.25 -0.25% 2.24%
L2025 $12.93 -0.12% 1.78%
Linc $25.29 -0.09% 1.55%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".