Bugtracker Thread

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Re: Watchlist Gone

Post by mjedlin66 »

seawatcher wrote:Logged in this morning. Watchlist had about 20+ users. Shows no users now. Bug? Tried logging out and logging back in.
Not that I know of. I show your watchlist is 107 entries long.
Owner/creator of TSPcalc.com - "Know your numbers"

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Re: Bugtracker Thread

Post by mjedlin66 »

This week I'll be working on a plan to fix and restore the Real TSP balances.

TopNotch

Post by TopNotch »

Thanks a lot. The real TSP balance tracking feature is not only useful for keeping records, but also for avoiding having to get an authentication code from the TSP each time you log in.
David Tepper - "There is a time to make money and a time to not lose money."

Warren Buffett - "Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1."

seawatcher

Re: Watchlist Gone

Post by seawatcher »

mjedlin66 wrote:
seawatcher wrote:Logged in this morning. Watchlist had about 20+ users. Shows no users now. Bug? Tried logging out and logging back in.
Not that I know of. I show your watchlist is 107 entries long.
Thanks. I don't know what happened. It was blank. I created a new watchlist which is the 107 entries.
Good luck with your TSP and retirement plans!

JimB

Post by JimB »

I have a watchlist and one of them made a move and I never received a text notta.

ProduceMan

Post by ProduceMan »

Thank You for all that you do.

Sir, my Fantasy Balance Sheet By Chart Range (Chart), is not displaying my entire Fund allocation.

It is only displaying my allocations for G, F, C , S, and L65.
Moneys’ Money Making Money (4M)

crondanet5

Post by crondanet5 »

You may have more allocations but the total of the allocations you mentioned equals one hundred percent. Better review what you've done.

Bosch

Post by Bosch »

ProduceMan wrote:Thank You for all that you do.

Sir, my Fantasy Balance Sheet By Chart Range (Chart), is not displaying my entire Fund allocation.

L-funds are already a bucket mix of the individual funds. Why would you mix the L-funds with others???

ProduceMan

Post by ProduceMan »

crondanet5 wrote:You may have more allocations but the total of the allocations you mentioned equals one hundred percent. Better review what you've done.
The top section has everything correct, the chart that shows the fund break-down (by dollar amount, which is further down) is incomplete (roughly 60%).

ProduceMan

Post by ProduceMan »

Bosch wrote:
ProduceMan wrote:Thank You for all that you do.

L-funds are already a bucket mix of the individual funds. Why would you mix the L-funds with others???
Just my strategy, and I realize the L Funds are a mix of the 5-core funds (GFCSI). I also realize the L Funds were meant to be used all by itself.

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

Still working on the Real TSP feature.

I'm trying to "Restore" all of the previous real TSP balances, even those from before I bought the website. But there's a catch. Every day, a new Real TSP entry is generated for every user who has enabled Real TSP. And when you manually change your Real TSP balance, that record simply gets overwritten. There is nothing about the record that shows me it was manually changed.

Therefore, when I recalculate all of the Real TSP tables (which I have to do), I don't know which records to over-write, and which ones to preserve.

Ideally when recalculating, the code starts from the first day that the user enabled Real TSP on their account. It takes that balance and from there it recalculates the next day's Real TSP balance based on market change and contributions. It should do that until it encounters a manually entered Real TSP balance. Once it runs into a manually entered balance, it should READ those numbers rather than overwrite them, and then continue the calculations with those as the new base numbers.

But since there's nothing in the table identifying which records were manually changed, there's no way for me to do this.

So now I'm writing code that will attempt to identify which real TSP records are manual entires. My first attempt flagged every record that changed more than 5% in one day. That works okay, but there actually have been major market moves that are more than +/- 5% in one day. So that approach had false positives.

Now I'm comparing Real TSP +/- for the day to the Most Positive and Most Negative core fund changes for that day. For example, if the S fund lost 6% in one day and the F fund gained 1% the same day. Then the script will check if the user's real TSP balance either lost more than 6% or gained more than 1%. If either of these is true, then that Real TSP balance is flagged as a manual entry.

Going forward, the manual entries are now flagged as such whenever you submit an update to your real TSP balance.

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

I believe real TSP is fixed. And historical balances should have been restored.

JimB

Post by JimB »

My real TSP is not fixed it kinda skips days. I manually fixed my real time total amount. Hope I explained that clear enough. Appreciate this site and all it has to offer.

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

JimB wrote:My real TSP is not fixed it kinda skips days. I manually fixed my real time total amount. Hope I explained that clear enough. Appreciate this site and all it has to offer.
Is it skipping weekends and holidays?

JimB

Post by JimB »

It’s skipping weekdays too. Was fine until 2 days ago I think. Starting from 8/7 it’s skips every other day of the week. 8/7 8/11 8/13 8/17 8/19 8/21

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".