New Flag

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

VAmanBulls

New Flag

Post by VAmanBulls »

So I really just wanted to post something so I could show off my new South Carolina state flag I'm sporting. Brings back fond memories when I was moving metal in the sky over the Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort, SC. Hey I mentioned I was looking at Nikola with the recent news it was partnering up with GM. I feel obligated to make sure you all know Nikola has some issues potentially and I'm no longer interested. You can read more about it if your into it. I remain long in Tesla. Snowflake is now trading (SNOW). I think I'll wait for the IPO to burn off a bit but I really like this one. I might be able to buy that sweet boat AND stock it with ice cold Bud Lights in retirement with this company. Time will tell. I'm currently following 85660 and in the I fund then G on Monday for the rest of the month. I am really interested to hear your plan to navigate from now till election. Staying out completely? Sticking to your seasonal? But please, let's not turn another post into a political rant. I beg of you. Hey stay motivated out there. Things are looking good for the future.

jlozano042

Re: New Flag

Post by jlozano042 »

Had our band play once at Daufuskie Island - it was one of best adventures in my life (also playing at Sturgis many years ago). I was there for a few days - and I think about it all the time. Have you ever been there?

Regularguy

Post by Regularguy »

85660 is a great choice it got me out of the Market 15th trading day of Feb. I didn't choose to go to I fund but will stay in equity's until Monday. Did you or are you retiring in South Carolina? Another good choice. I too am long in Tesla and love that company, next Amazon stock I believe. I also really like Square SQ and Its CEO Jack Dorsey, I have made excellent returns with that one also this year. As far as politics, I am afraid this election may make waves maybe big waves for stocks, especially if it takes weeks or months to declare a winner. I agreed with you a few weeks back that future looks optimistic but it could be a wild ride.

VAmanBulls

Post by VAmanBulls »

jlozano: never been to Daufuskie Island. I hear it's nice. No to Sturgis also, but I did go to Daytona for bike week back when I rode. Stayed at a camp site. Talk about crazy times.

Regularguy: yes we are looking to retire in SC in about 10 years. All depends on my returns of course, ha. I married the daughter of a SC shrimper who lives on deep water just across Dataw Island. We are looking at Lady's Island, Fripp or maybe Distant Island.

mjedlin66
Site Admin

Post by mjedlin66 »

I'm probably going to remove the flag feature when the forum gets upgraded.
Owner/creator of TSPcalc.com - "Know your numbers"

kcwill6411

Post by kcwill6411 »

I'm a newbie to this forum and I've seen two different posts talk about how they're following 85660. Sorry to ask but what does that mean?

VAmanBulls

Post by VAmanBulls »

Welcome kcwill: It's the number of a 'seasonal strategy' that I am following. It tells me what trading day to move into different Funds based on historical data to get the best returns over time. You can view the different strategies and review the historical returns and standard deviations here: https://tspcalc.com/

This is a very basic response, but will get you started.

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

kcwill6411 wrote:I'm a newbie to this forum and I've seen two different posts talk about how they're following 85660. Sorry to ask but what does that mean?
Do you know what gets a newbie out of newbie territory into an experienced user? Asking questions! :mrgreen:

85660 is a strategy developed through the website https://www.tspcalc.com. Go check it out for yourself, there are hundreds of strategies and in a nutshell, the strategy or "a strategy" (infused with historical data from the funds) dictates when one should move or stay in a certain fund.

When you go to the website, in the middle you will see "Go to strategy: " where you enter an ID#. Enter 85660 in there and you will see all the data that backs up this strategy number. You will see where and when to move to a certain fund to maximize the potential of staying green/positive, again supported from historical data.

Now, this is not 100% of course - things happen the market sometimes by geopolitical, natural disasters, shit-just-happens, too many wanna-be strippers fall off of poorly attached poles, etc that can't be foreseen (unless you are Mr. Perfect of course, but that's a separate topic).

Hope that makes sense and I am sure there will be smarter folks here shortly to expound on your question.

Bubba

Post by Bubba »

jlozano042 wrote:
kcwill6411 wrote:I'm a newbie to this forum and I've seen two different posts talk about how they're following 85660. Sorry to ask but what does that mean?
Do you know what gets a newbie out of newbie territory into an experienced user? Asking questions! :mrgreen:

85660 is a strategy developed through the website https://www.tspcalc.com. Go check it out for yourself, there are hundreds of strategies and in a nutshell, the strategy or "a strategy" (infused with historical data from the funds) dictates when one should move or stay in a certain fund.

When you go to the website, in the middle you will see "Go to strategy: " where you enter an ID#. Enter 85660 in there and you will see all the data that backs up this strategy number. You will see where and when to move to a certain fund to maximize the potential of staying green/positive, again supported from historical data.

Now, this is not 100% of course - things happen the market sometimes by geopolitical, natural disasters, shit-just-happens, too many wanna-be strippers fall off of poorly attached poles, etc that can't be foreseen (unless you are Mr. Perfect of course, but that's a separate topic).

Hope that makes sense and I am sure there will be smarter folks here shortly to expound on your question.

This one's for you bud:

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

Bubba wrote:
This one's for you bud:

Good to see you again Bubba - ;)

Holy cannoli ... that is terrifying .... :shock:

Bubba

Post by Bubba »

jlozano042 wrote:
Bubba wrote:
This one's for you bud:

Good to see you again Bubba - ;)

Holy cannoli ... that is terrifying .... :shock:
I missed your comments and gifs. :wink:

I've been reworking my investment strategy and have been working a bit with a professional to improve my normal investment strategy. Non-tsp is up 116% ytd. :D

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

Welcome to the forum, kcwill.

I agree with the comments above referring you to what 85660 is. In a nutshell, it's a Seasonal Strategy, which a large number of us on this forum use as our investing strategy. To understand what seasonal investing is, read the first dozen or so posts in the "Seasonal Musings" thread in my signature below. It'll help you understand what investing using seasonality is based on, how it works, etc. Think of my thread as a "primer" on the method, with tspcalc being the "advanced" way to use the method.

Just keep in mind that my thread talks making moves between TSP Funds once a month, while the strategies like 85660 on tspcalc usually trade more than once a month.
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
"It's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters" Epictetus

Fund Prices2024-03-28

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.15 0.05% 1.05%
F $19.08 -0.06% -0.74%
C $82.21 0.11% 10.55%
S $82.43 0.30% 6.92%
I $42.57 -0.24% 5.95%
L2065 $16.38 0.02% 8.37%
L2060 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2055 $16.39 0.02% 8.38%
L2050 $32.73 0.01% 6.95%
L2045 $14.91 0.02% 6.58%
L2040 $54.38 0.02% 6.22%
L2035 $14.34 0.02% 5.79%
L2030 $47.67 0.02% 5.38%
L2025 $13.15 0.03% 3.43%
Linc $25.61 0.03% 2.82%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".