Just Like clockwork...

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

wingchaser

Re: Just Like clockwork...

Post by wingchaser »

Tomanyiron wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:50 pm
wingchaser wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:10 pm So My Friend (IRONONE), are you IN or OUT?
So I guess you didn't see my IFT to S.
Been in since Aug 1, captured 6.93% so far (unrealized of course).
No, with this new website of our’s, seeing other’s posturing is not really intuitive…

Plus I lost the rankings (1.2.3) on the Leaderboard…

Best of Luck (everyone) in all you choose to endeavor!!!
“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it. He who doesn’t... pays it.” ~ Albert Einstein

Scarfinger

Post by Scarfinger »

wingchaser wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:33 pm
Tomanyiron wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:50 pm
wingchaser wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:10 pm So My Friend (IRONONE), are you IN or OUT?
So I guess you didn't see my IFT to S.
Been in since Aug 1, captured 6.93% so far (unrealized of course).
No, with this new website of our’s, seeing other’s posturing is not really intuitive…

Plus I lost the rankings (1.2.3) on the Leaderboard…

wingchaser, you have a nice 10 year return. 2020 did you right :). Looking good this year too. Are you using similar Williams %R and MACD for entry points like the day trading?
I am just an average Joe. I have no clue to what the market will do.
TimboSlice wrote: "People really need to stop overthinking this."
Paul Merriman 2 fund strat: (age - 25) x2.5 = TDF + balance into S fund or variation of

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

Scarfinger wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:00 pm
wingchaser, you have a nice 10 year return. 2020 did you right :). Looking good this year too. Are you using similar Williams %R and MACD for entry points like the day trading?
Scar:

Williams%R is more of a leadin’ indicator, whereas MACD is an absolute laggard. Usually, couple W%R with a Long Lower Candlestick in an attempt to approximate bottoms…

Taken me awhile, but I think I moved into the Top 10 (Balance Leader’s)…

Careful with the 2020 reference, as that was merely a Buy & Hold proposition with an entry point right @ March 15 (if I can remember)…

“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it. He who doesn’t... pays it.” ~ Albert Einstein

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

Indice closed right or near Session’s High, as evidenced by FULL BODY Candlestick…

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/08/14/sto ... -news.html

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

Trading range for the S&P beginning to narrow, though not quite indicative of CONSOLIDATION…

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/15/stock-m ... close.html

Higher HIGH, Higher LOW remain @ play…

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

harpole wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:06 am
It's possible we go to the 200MA; with a few red days on the way up.
The stock market is designed to make average traders/investors look like idiots. It uses the economy and reports as theater, to make us believe that is why it goes up or down. Very few saw this rally coming, so that is why it's rising. However, I'm tempted to move 50/50 today....
We did, indeed, get to the 200MA & bounced off it hard, as it obviously served as RESISTANCE…

As soon as I observed continued Momentum (albeit in the wrong direction), I had to take my money off the table…

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/16/stock-m ... -news.html

jatelle

Post by jatelle »

[/quote]

We did, indeed, get to the 200MA & bounced off it hard, as it obviously served as RESISTANCE…

As soon as I observed continued Momentum (albeit in the wrong direction), I had to take my money off the table…
[/quote]

Wing, it sure was a tough pullback this morning and I was tempted to pull out. In the end I stayed in because I was not convinced that the pullback prior to noon was so unredeemable. Then there was a glimmer of hope when the subsequent rebound broke up above yesterday's (Aug 15) high at 2:40pm and then never collapsed in the after market into lower lows. So I am still holding out hope this rally is not over yet.... :roll:

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

jatelle wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:46 pm

[/quote]

Wing, it sure was a tough pullback this morning and I was tempted to pull out. In the end I stayed in because I was not convinced that the pullback prior to noon was so unredeemable. Then there was a glimmer of hope when the subsequent rebound broke up above yesterday's (Aug 15) high at 2:40pm and then never collapsed in the after market into lower lows. So I am still holding out hope this rally is not over yet.... :roll:
[/quote]

You may be right, JATELLE, Premarket supports that rationale @ the moment…

I just have so much (Real Money) @ stake, there are times where the gamble isn’t worth the risk…

How I long for the day when we had unlimited IFT(s)!!!

jatelle

Post by jatelle »

wingchaser wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:40 am
jatelle wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:46 pm

[/quote]

You may be right, JATELLE, Premarket supports that rationale @ the moment…

I just have so much (Real Money) @ stake, there are times where the gamble isn’t worth the risk…

How I long for the day when we had unlimited IFT(s)!!!

[/quote]

Well taking profits is ALWAYS a smart move! So have you heard if there is any serious discussion to raise the monthly IFT limit. Even one more would be game changing...

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

In LABD - Direxion Daily S&P Biotech Bear 3X Shares on PULL BACK this Mornin’ & sold way too early...

These Leveraged ETF(s) can be targeted for your ROTH IRA, which remains a perfect augmentation for one’s TSP …

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-QvZ-HpaJNY

5-digit maximum exposure is recommended (here)…

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

Consolidation (perhaps) with another leg higher?

Here’s Hopin’…

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/17/stock-m ... -news.html

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

The positive (here) is that the S&P closed off of Session’s Low…

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/stock ... ation-woes

harpole

Post by harpole »

Really hope it just established a new higher low...
Never underestimate the true intentions and overreach of the regime.
Less Government, More Freedom!

jatelle

Post by jatelle »

harpole wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:29 pm Really hope it just established a new higher low...
Harpole, I'm sure hoping the same. All the "experts" are calling this a classic bear market rally and warning of a lower bottom. Perhaps... but I am staying the course at least for now because I am not convinced that the high on Aug 16 was at any significant resistance level and it never gave it a serious second challenge on the 17th. Take a look this setup looks very similar to the third week of July when it dropped for a few days and then bounced off the 21 MA on July 27 and exploded for new highs. I am hoping for a repeat. Maybe I am just wishful thinking...

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

Interestin’ read…

https://seekingalpha.com/article/453598 ... of-reality

Fund Prices2024-04-15

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.18 0.04% 1.23%
F $18.64 -0.61% -3.02%
C $79.24 -1.20% 6.56%
S $77.27 -1.66% 0.23%
I $41.14 -0.29% 2.38%
L2065 $15.75 -0.94% 4.19%
L2060 $15.75 -0.94% 4.19%
L2055 $15.76 -0.94% 4.19%
L2050 $31.64 -0.81% 3.38%
L2045 $14.44 -0.76% 3.24%
L2040 $52.80 -0.71% 3.11%
L2035 $13.96 -0.65% 2.96%
L2030 $46.52 -0.59% 2.83%
L2025 $12.97 -0.32% 2.08%
Linc $25.35 -0.25% 1.78%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".