Just Like clockwork...

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

harpole

Re: Just Like clockwork...

Post by harpole »

wingchaser wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:15 am Interestin’ read…

https://www.theverge.com/2023/5/1/23706 ... s-warnings

Best of Luck (everyone) in all you choose to endeavor!!!
Terminator movies come to mind... "I'll be back"..
Never underestimate the true intentions and overreach of the regime.
Less Government, More Freedom!

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

Chairman Powell (not a Dictator from a 3rd World Nation) is speakin’ & the whole world is listenin’…

“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it. He who doesn’t... pays it.” ~ Albert Einstein

Tomanyiron

Post by Tomanyiron »

bizkikr

Post by bizkikr »

12squared wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:37 am
BelieveGod wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:17 pm
Tomanyiron wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:09 am
I'm not Jim Cramer or Altrus famous, but I think about that also. I often wonder how many times, I was cursed at, because of money lost due to my charts or indexes.
I think everyone completely understands you are one average person that has the guts to show what you are doing. I have been helped so many times watching others move among the funds. I can't THANK YOU BOTH enough and all the others that actively participate here. I have watched long enough that I choose those I want to watch and take everyone as a group. I miss the old web site; it seems we have lost lots of participation with the active FB group. BUT on FB no one really knows whether someone is full of hot air or is knowledgeable. It requires too much effort to evaluate. On here, the courageous post, and then have their fantasy to back them up. 2022 was a killer. Thanks to each of you courageous investors. It have been sooo helpful to me. I can see "what If I had". NEVER, NEVER, should you feel guilty for losses of others because few will give you credit for their gains. Please dont quit.
It takes the effort of many to advance the ball. However, it's easier to reveal your cards when your system is doing well.
Aitrus led the way years ago musing about monthly moves. Matt took that to a new level developing the tools of TSPcalc. Tomany has explored a variety of uncommon indicators. Over the course of several years I have been a student of each.

Kudos to you all.
The work done on this platform strongly indicates much effort applied in finding a best approach. However, to those engaged with such actions, have you compared yourself to simply investing in the C funds over the years and been able to successfully beat the 'in-kind' Buffet challenge? Just curious if all the effort has had a measurable impact in your own portfolios.

Aitrus

Post by Aitrus »

bizkikr wrote: The work done on this platform strongly indicates much effort applied in finding a best approach. However, to those engaged with such actions, have you compared yourself to simply investing in the C funds over the years and been able to successfully beat the 'in-kind' Buffet challenge? Just curious if all the effort has had a measurable impact in your own portfolios.
That's a great question. I sometimes go back and compare the numbers just to see how far things have come.

I posted my original Seasonal Musings ideas in 2014. Here's how those ideas have performed from 2014 - 2022:

C Fund: Mean 11.66%, CAGR 10.56%, PNR 7 of 9 years had positive returns, and Std Dev of 15.21
S Fund: Mean 8.47%, CAGR 6.93%, PNR 6 of 9, and Sted Dev of 17.48
Jahbulon's Basic Mix: Mean 12.93%, CAGR 12.16%, PNR 7 of 9, and Std Dev of 12.43
TSPCenter's Calculator Mix: Mean 6.69%, CAGR 5.93%, PNR 6 of 9, and Std Dev of 12.53

And here's the 2014 - 2022 results for a couple of the more popular Strategies that were developed in the early days of TSPCalc. As I recall, TSPCalc went online in 2018 or therabouts:

57117: Mean 23.93%, CAGR 22.75%, PNR 8 of 9, and Std Dev of 16.15
85660: Mean 23.43%, CAGR 22.43%, PNR 8 of 9, and Std Dev of 14.56

Here's how all of the above are doing so far in 2023:
C Fund YTD: 7.1%
S Fund: 1.75%
Jahbulon's Basic: 4.91%
TSPCenter: 6.95%
57117: 11.89%
85660: 14.58%

Keep in mind something else: while the C and S Funds are exposed to the market 100% of the time, all of the others are less so.

Jahbulon: invested in C, S or I 66.39% of the time, remainder in G or F
TSPCenter: 41.87%
57117: 46.71%
85660: 56.23%

A lot of buy-and-holders like to point out that timing the market can mean missing the top 10 earning days each year, so you have to be invested all the time so as not to miss them. What they fail to realize is that by being invested all the time, they are also getting the worst 10 earning days each year too. Seasonal investing applies a data-focused examination of when positive days / weeks / months tend to occur and trying to be in the market at those times, and the opposite for the worst days.

Source for all the above numbers:
https://tspcalc.com/seasonal.php?ID=571 ... ears=14-22
Seasonal Musings 2022: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19005
Recommended Reading: http://tspcenter.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13474
Support the site by purchasing a membership at TSPCalc! https://tspcalc.com

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

Aitrus wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:06 pm
That's a great question. I sometimes go back and compare the numbers just to see how far things have come.

I posted my original Seasonal Musings ideas in 2014. Here's how those ideas have performed from 2014 - 2022:

IMHO what would you awesome insight is if we could post stats on how many users are beating C, S, I buy and hold strategies with their selective seasonals.

Something like: X number or Y percent of TSPCenter users following seasonals are performing above/below/matching the present YTD returns for C or S or I funds. Perhaps even show it within 1st and 2nd std deviations of the YTD returns.

Pretty quantifiable metrics to prove which approach is "better".

The problem is that only MJ has the dataset we need to come with these stats.

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

We had a Challenge a few years’ back, Timer’s left the Seasonal’s in the dust…

“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it. He who doesn’t... pays it.” ~ Albert Einstein

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

Wing, i havent seen your Derexion 3x ETF posts recently. Is it too screwy to be trading those right now?

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

bloobs wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:05 am Wing, i havent seen your Derexion 3x ETF posts recently. Is it too screwy to be trading those right now?
BLOOBS:

I’ll try to target a “pullback” today w/strong volume (Momentum Trade). Work & all these System Migrations are taking a lot of my time & focus. Meetings, meetings & more meetings!!!

Yes, work is gettin’ in the way of my trading AND THAT’S A GOOD THING!!!

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

bloobs wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:05 am Wing, i havent seen your Derexion 3x ETF posts recently. Is it too screwy to be trading those right now?
Would love to be in UVXY - ProShares Ultra VIX Short-Term ETF (early), if a Debt Ceiling mandate (1-Jun) is missed & snag 30-40% ROI…

Best of Luck (everyone) in all you choose to endeavor!!!P

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

FSELX - Fidelity Select Semiconductors Portfolio Is UP almost 30% YTD, could it garner another 30-40% before years’ end?

Easily!!!

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

Investment Group; lending (added) insight into your trading strategies…

https://www.meetup.com/dctraders/events/shrrksyfchbvb/

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

wingchaser wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:49 am
BLOOBS:

I’ll try to target a “pullback” today w/strong volume (Momentum Trade). Work & all these System Migrations are taking a lot of my time & focus. Meetings, meetings & more meetings!!!

SOXL - Direxion Daily Semiconductor Bull 3X Shares Looks good on a PULLBACK, though I’m not truly convinced the market wants to go HIGHER…

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

wingchaser wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:46 am
BLOOBS:

SOXL - Direxion Daily Semiconductor Bull 3X Shares Looks good on a PULLBACK, though I’m not truly convinced the market wants to go HIGHER…

A Contrarian move could be LABD - Direxion Daily S&P Biotech Bear 3X Shares, up over 3% (today) already…

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

wingchaser wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:46 am
BLOOBS:

Long Lower Candlesticks depicted Upsurge if you were watchin’ closely…

Which I wasn’t!!!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fund Prices2024-04-15

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.18 0.04% 1.23%
F $18.64 -0.61% -3.02%
C $79.24 -1.20% 6.56%
S $77.27 -1.66% 0.23%
I $41.14 -0.29% 2.38%
L2065 $15.75 -0.94% 4.19%
L2060 $15.75 -0.94% 4.19%
L2055 $15.76 -0.94% 4.19%
L2050 $31.64 -0.81% 3.38%
L2045 $14.44 -0.76% 3.24%
L2040 $52.80 -0.71% 3.11%
L2035 $13.96 -0.65% 2.96%
L2030 $46.52 -0.59% 2.83%
L2025 $12.97 -0.32% 2.08%
Linc $25.35 -0.25% 1.78%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".