Just Like clockwork...

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

wingchaser

Re: Just Like clockwork...

Post by wingchaser »

jatelle wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:14 pm
wingchaser wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:56 pm 50-Day SMA (momentarily) servin' as SUPPORT, with an emphasis on "momentarily"...
A SPINNING TOP... hopin SPX can hold support after-hours...tick tock
Infamous SPINNING TOP, Tomanyiron’s fav…

Best of Luck (everyone) in all you choose to endeavor!!!
“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it. He who doesn’t... pays it.” ~ Albert Einstein

jatelle

Post by jatelle »

wingchaser wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:28 pm
wingchaser wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:56 pm 50-Day SMA (momentarily) servin' as SUPPORT, with an emphasis on "momentarily"...
I joined you Wing on getting out today. It might break out for more but I figured with two consecutive spinning tops a bird in the hand is better than two in the bushes.

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

jatelle wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:48 am
wingchaser wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:28 pm

I joined you Wing on getting out today. It might break out for more but I figured with two consecutive spinning tops a bird in the hand is better than two in the bushes.
I think I reversed my IFT (twice)…

Double-Bottom OFF of Support Level has me Hopin’ (says the Gentleman with a Gambler’s mentality)…

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it. He who doesn’t... pays it.” ~ Albert Einstein

jatelle

Post by jatelle »

[/quote]

I think I reversed my IFT (twice)…

Double-Bottom OFF of Support Level has me Hopin’ (says the Gentleman with a Gambler’s mentality)…
[/quote]

I too saw that double bottom but I got cold feet when it struggled to break above today's pre-market high (at 8:40am) prior to noon. But it is a green day nonetheless - congrats! Let's see if it breaks and holds above the May 25th high (and out of the bear flag). Good luck!

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

C Fund (S&P) closes @ Sessions’ High after bouncing OFF 50-Day SMA (Support Level)…

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rkets-wrap

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

harpole

Post by harpole »

Scarfinger wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:49 pm My point of view is from past experience. I got out right before the Covid Pandemic crash. Then I got back in at the bottom close to perfect timing. That's when I messed up. Around the end of march it started going down and I jumped out again and then I missed out on some good gains as it shot back up.

So for me, if I can get a 20% or more discount , I will accept it and not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Also if you still have many years until your retirement. A down market is great for those bi-weekly paycheck contributions.
Decided to go all-in today. Bad timing, I know, but something Scarfinger said really got me thinking. I'm getting a discount on my money and have plenty of time to ride this thing out. Now I just need to step away from the charts and let time handle the rest.
Also, remember the Government knows what's best for all of us and is here to help.. :?

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

harpole wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:11 pm
Scarfinger wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:49 pm My point of view is from past experience. I got out right before the Covid Pandemic crash. Then I got back in at the bottom close to perfect timing. That's when I messed up. Around the end of march it started going down and I jumped out again and then I missed out on some good gains as it shot back up.

So for me, if I can get a 20% or more discount , I will accept it and not look a gift horse in the mouth.

Also if you still have many years until your retirement. A down market is great for those bi-weekly paycheck contributions.
Decided to go all-in today. Bad timing, I know, but something Scarfinger said really got me thinking. I'm getting a discount on my money and have plenty of time to ride this thing out. Now I just need to step away from the charts and let time handle the rest.
Not to mention the fact that you have 5% of Fantasy Dollars to play with until you come back to the rest of the field…

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

Despite the damage, the indice still notched a HIGHER HIGH & a HIGHER LOW…

Still I bailed, locking in profits!!!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/stock-ma ... 47135.html

…as a good friend of mine likes to say, “I live to fight another day”

Scarfinger

Post by Scarfinger »

harpole wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:11 pm

by John Boggle
"My rule -- and it's good only about 99% of the time, so I have to be careful here -- when these crises come along, the best rule you can possible follow is not "Don't stand there, do something," but "Don't do something, stand there!" said Bogle.
So now that you got your discount, "Don't do something, stand there!"
I am just an average Joe. I have no clue to what the market will do.
TimboSlice wrote: "People really need to stop overthinking this."
Paul Merriman 2 fund strat: (age - 25) x2.5 = TDF + balance into S fund or variation of

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

I think 91.7% of us have (in some fashion or another) earned ”measurable” discounts, some more than other’s…

I’d like to see the discounting cease & desist, not to cast any dispersion on the deluge…

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

Interestin’ read…

https://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2022 ... 2.html?m=1

Fed meets Wednesday!!! Can you believe that the good news is that they may only raise 75 basis points?

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

Impressive Upsurge (in last 30 minutes) found S&P closing right near Opening Tick…

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/ ... 022-07-25/

Consolidation also seems to be @ play…

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

So much for BUYING THE RUMOR & SELLING THE NEWS…

wingchaser

Post by wingchaser »

Steady decline throughout the trading day finds the S&P resting solely on SUPPORT (50-Day SMA), but will it hold?

Here’s Hopin’…

https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/ ... 022-07-26/

Scarfinger

Post by Scarfinger »

wingchaser wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:15 am Interestin’ read…

https://www.calculatedriskblog.com/2022 ... 2.html?m=1

Fed meets Wednesday!!! Can you believe that the good news is that they may only raise 75 basis points?

Looks like they got what they expected.
I am just an average Joe. I have no clue to what the market will do.
TimboSlice wrote: "People really need to stop overthinking this."
Paul Merriman 2 fund strat: (age - 25) x2.5 = TDF + balance into S fund or variation of

Fund Prices2022-08-05

FundPriceDayYTD
G $16.98 0.01% 1.45%
F $19.05 -1.07% -8.80%
C $63.14 -0.15% -12.24%
S $67.93 0.74% -18.59%
I $33.31 -0.76% -15.55%
L2065 $12.78 -0.24% -14.10%
L2060 $12.78 -0.24% -14.10%
L2055 $12.79 -0.24% -14.09%
L2050 $26.41 -0.27% -12.04%
L2045 $12.13 -0.27% -11.26%
L2040 $44.61 -0.25% -10.41%
L2035 $11.88 -0.24% -9.47%
L2030 $39.88 -0.21% -8.47%
L2025 $11.54 -0.16% -5.76%
Linc $22.85 -0.12% -2.72%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".