New tsp.gov can't login

General TSP Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

tegsr94

New tsp.gov can't login

Post by tegsr94 »

I follow a strategy that makes a move tomorrow and have tried to make a new account today on tsp.gov and have now been locked out. I have tried calling numerous times to the tsp help line and no answer. It gives you some prompts then plays music for about 5 minutes and then the call just goes silent...no call back option, no indication you are still on hold. I knew this was going to be a shitshow, it's frustrating when dealing with hundreds of thousands of your own money and you can't access it. Hope everyone else has better luck.

alligatorm

Re: New tsp.gov can't login

Post by alligatorm »

I was able to login, but I can't make any fund transfers - I get a message telling me I am limited to 2 per month!?!? Isn't this the first day of the month!? I should have 2 fresh IFTs loaded and ready to go today!
If this new system can't keep track of the # of IFTs, we are all screwed....

ChuckWlsn

Post by ChuckWlsn »

I had to create a new login today, and update some info. I understand most transactions will not be unavailable till 1st week of June. Maybe that means sometime around June 1-7.
Last edited by ChuckWlsn on Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

tegsr94

Post by tegsr94 »

At least you guys were able to make actual new accounts, I can't even get past that first step.

ChuckWlsn

Post by ChuckWlsn »

1-877-968-3778. This is the # they sent me for help line. Is this the same as # you called?

strohz

Post by strohz »

Wow, the new website really is horrendous to use! I'm overseas, and the pick list isn't even long enough to display the country names to find one. Then, it wants to call a foreign number but no matter what format I put it in wouldn't work and eventually locked out. So then I go to enter my TSP account number, and it automatically adds a hyphen and then gives an invalid number error for using it...when it put it in! It certainly doesn't instill any confidence...

bloobs

Post by bloobs »

Another example of lowest bidder contract awards

Hunter22

Post by Hunter22 »

After initially trying to setup my account, I got a message that said, it did not recognize my contact number, the same number I have used for years. So I called the 877 number, waited on hold, and someone answered only to hang up. Called back, LISA answered. She had problems just telling me her name and saying "this is TSP, how can I help you." When I told her I was having problems setting up the new account, she hung up on me. Now every time I call it answers, then I get a busy signal.

TLuke

Post by TLuke »

I was able to build mine, but not the wife’s. Says her information can’t be found. Like others, crickets on the toll free number. I’ll try at the end of the week. Truly wondering this morning how many people have been affected in a bad way during this black out period.

fattony

Post by fattony »

I was able to create the new account and submit an IFT. I miss the old site because I was used to it. The new system doesn't have any of my history or statements but the balance looks right. I'm retired and considering moving about half to a Vanguard account but no hurry. Let them shake out the bugs first! Hope I get my monthly distribution this month, ha ha. Good luck!

Bubba

Post by Bubba »

This system is terrible. I'm stationed abroad. While I have the option to receive a "voice call" for 2 factor authentication, I never...ever...get a call. What did they do wrong? I used to be able to get an SMS. I'm sure Alight (which is handling our accounts) has contracted this out to a smaller...junkier company. Man this new website blows!

Edit: Does anyone know where and with whom to complain? I don't have the time to sit on the phone for hours (not to mention being in a different time zone and international calling costs).
Last edited by Bubba on Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

scrlk

Post by scrlk »

I got the new account setup but I can't move to F (seasonal says today before noon) because the system says I've already made two transfers this month and can only go to G. Like WHAT? LOL! I've been on hold to talk to a human for about an hour. What a crapshow.

newk11

Post by newk11 »

Can't setup new account...I've tried for two days. I can only get a one-time passcode on my home phone, doesn't recognize my cell that I've received passcodes on for 3 years or more. I can get to where I enter a login ID and password, then the screen just goes blank with the TSP logo at the top of the screen. I've been on the phone at least two hours today and yesterday with no answer. I cleared everything on browser, tried again, same result. To say I'm frustrated is an understatement. This is past pathetic. This is some folks entire savings...just go back to what worked. It was not broken.

:D Update: switched from Chrome to Edge (which I never use) and went through the login without much of a hitch. Pardon my frustration outburst...

bamafamily

Post by bamafamily »

newk11 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:49 am :D Update: switched from Chrome to Edge (which I never use) and went through the login without much of a hitch. Pardon my frustration outburst...
I was just going to post a message about Edge....Sometimes the government websites dont like Chrome....and that whole "blank page" thing looked "chrome'ish"

Switched to Edge and breezed right through....
Bama

stilljammi

Post by stilljammi »

Yeah the website doesn't play nice with Chrome, like many govt websites. But don't even for a minute give credit to Edge though...that's poor website design, where TSP is alienating 50% of the market.

Fund Prices2024-04-17

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.25%
F $18.68 0.50% -2.85%
C $78.62 -0.58% 5.72%
S $76.27 -0.89% -1.07%
I $40.66 -0.17% 1.19%
L2065 $15.60 -0.47% 3.17%
L2060 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2055 $15.60 -0.47% 3.18%
L2050 $31.39 -0.35% 2.57%
L2045 $14.34 -0.33% 2.47%
L2040 $52.43 -0.31% 2.41%
L2035 $13.87 -0.28% 2.31%
L2030 $46.25 -0.25% 2.24%
L2025 $12.93 -0.12% 1.78%
Linc $25.29 -0.09% 1.55%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".