Just taking a poll about the shutdown, again.

Civil Service Discussion.

Moderator: Aitrus

My work situation and my stance on the wall funding.

Poll ended at Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:37 am

No Work; No Pay
15%
I work; No Pay
17%
I work; I'm paid
16%
I support the shutdown for wall funding
43%
I don't support the shutdown for wall funding
8%

Total votes: 716

PhilJohn

Re: Just taking a poll about the shutdown, again.

Post by PhilJohn »

ArrieS wrote:
PhilJohn wrote:I really don’t focus on political conspiracy.
Great because it's not.
Trump considers delaying border wall fight until January
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/ ... ay-1064857

When questioned the White House did not dispute it.
GOP talks Trump off the shutdown ledge

...but McConnell said the White House is now “flexible” on border wall funding, just one week after Trump said he’d be “proud” to shut down the government in a fight over border security.
This statement was not refuted by the White House.
Conservative media turns on Trump for going wobbly on the wall
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/ ... ll-1071391

It's hard to see why the White House would change its stance until after everyone including Fox New started bashing him.
PhilJohn wrote:He is now in a very good position politically to get exactly what he wants.
You're going to have to explain that. His only recourse is National Emergency and that's easy to defeat.
PhilJohn wrote:Democrats for the most part underestimate Trump as a politician, which is a large reason why Democrats woke up after election night having various mental breakdowns that I very much enjoyed observing.
What are you talking about? Anyways, I enjoyed watching the shutdown end.

Thank your President for that.

Nice photo of Nancy. It sure is a wonder how the beach makes you look years younger. Thankfully we have a President that was willing to stay home and work it out.

As far as a National Emergency being his only recourse, you might want to read the news. More than 20 congressional Democrats just announced they plan on funding the wall. And if he does declare a national emergency, you mentioned that is easily defeated. Care to explain how?

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

PhilJohn wrote: Thank your President for that.
I should thank a man for fixing his mistake?
PhilJohn wrote: Nice photo of Nancy. It sure is a wonder how the beach makes you look years younger. Thankfully we have a President that was willing to stay home and work it out.
Oh, I see, you must be relying on Fox News. They apologized for lying to their viewers. Or, rather getting caught in a lie.
Fox News Host Jeanine Pirro Retracts False Claim That Nancy Pelosi Was ‘Partying’ In Puerto Rico During Shutdown
https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news- ... g-shutdown
PhilJohn wrote:As far as a National Emergency being his only recourse, you might want to read the news. More than 20 congressional Democrats just announced they plan on funding the wall.
Wow, and the bill is passed, right?
PhilJohn wrote:And if he does declare a national emergency, you mentioned that is easily defeated. Care to explain how?
You mean explain how our Government works and the laws.

How about you go read the statute Trump will cite as authority to declare a national emergency and explain how he can.
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

PhilJohn

Post by PhilJohn »

Actually, congress gave him that power. No Bill needed. (National Energency Act of 1973). You might try to read it. Not sure you would comprehend it however.

And, I would like you to show me when Fox News (Or any news) retracted the report of Pelosi travelling to Hawaii during the shutdown. That will be a very neat trick since that is exactly what happened.

But go ahead and entertain me.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

PhilJohn wrote:Actually, congress gave him that power. No Bill needed. (National Energency Act of 1973). You might try to read it. Not sure you would comprehend it however.
Something tells me you haven't read it and you certainly don't understand it.

Here's a quote from it,
SEC. 301. When the President declares a national emergency, no powers or authorities made available by statute for use in the event of an emergency shall be exercised unless and until the President specifies the provisions of law under which he proposes that he or other officers will act.
Do you see that? See, what you don't know, and I ask you assuming you did know (my mistake for overestimating how much you knew), is according to National Emergencies Act, when the President declares a national emergency he has to specify the 'provisions of law under which he proposes that he or other officers will act.' Which I why I asked 'How about you go read the statute Trump will cite as authority to declare a national emergency and explain how he can.'

He doesn't just get to say National Emergency. You're close, you're soooo close when you said Congress gave him that power. But you just don't know the simple workings of it. But Congress also passed many other laws that authorize those powers that he has to say which one he is using. So he has to tell them under which one he's working and that will direct what he can and can't do.

But hey, thanks for living up to my views that a Trump supporter doesn't understand their own Government.
PhilJohn wrote:And, I would like you to show me when Fox News retracted the report of Pelosi travelling to Hawaii and Purto Rico during the shutdown. That will be a next trick since that is exactly what happened.

But go ahead and entertain me.
I believe you mean to say, go ahead and educate me.
President Donald Trump accused House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of partying on a beach in Puerto Rico — with lobbyists, no less — while he sat in the White House over the weekend ready to work out a deal to end the federal shutdown. It’s not true.

Pelosi didn’t go to Puerto Rico or any beach. Like Trump, she spent the weekend in snow-bound Washington.
Ouch... Keep believing those lies.

https://www.apnews.com/570cdff051774a9b81c56c9851533dc5

What's it like to purposely choose to be ignorant?
OCTOBER: This is one of the peculiarly dangerous months to speculate in stocks in. The others are July, January, September, April, November, May, March, June, December, August, and February. - Pudd'nhead Wilson's Calendar

PhilJohn

Post by PhilJohn »

She vacationed in Hawaii. I mentioned the beach makes you look younger. I’ve been to Hawaii. They have a lot of beaches.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

PhilJohn wrote:She vacationed in Hawaii. I mentioned the beach makes you look younger. I’ve been to Hawaii. They have a lot of beaches.
Your complaint is she was in Hawaii during the Government shutdown while Republicans still had the majority in both houses?

There wouldn't have been a Government shutdown while she was on vacation if Republicans could have gotten their s#%t together and ran the Government.

PhilJohn

Post by PhilJohn »

I’m just glad Trump stayed in Washington while top Democrats vacationed in Hawaii and Purto Rico. It’s truly shameful bevavior during a shutdown.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

PhilJohn wrote:I’m just glad Trump stayed in Washington
Well yea, you should take responsibility for your mistakes and work to fix them.
PhilJohn wrote:while top Democrats vacationed in Hawaii and Purto Rico. It’s truly shameful bevavior during a shutdown.
Nice try at shifting the blame. But the facts are the facts, Republicans controlled the whole of the US Government and it broke down. Now you can point to the behaviors of individuals, that's nice. But it was a failing of the whole Republican party that caused it.

Oh, and the Senate went on Chrismas Vacation.
No End In Sight To Shutdown As Senate Goes Home For Christmas
https://www.npr.org/2018/12/22/67942404 ... ll-funding

So the Republicans shut down the Government and then adjourned Congress to take a vacation.

So... Seems like that Hawaii vacation was more of the Republicans doing since they literally closed the halls of Congress where everyone worked. No one could vote on anything anyways.

As for Perto Rico, top Democrats didn't go so nice try.

How about you hold the Republicans responsible for shutting the Government down and closing Congress.

PhilJohn

Post by PhilJohn »

Yes, the republicans forced Pelosi and congressioal Democrates to enjoy the beach while Federal employees went without. Hey, whatever you need to tell yourself. Go ahead and believe what you want. Just as Im sure you are right that Trump cant use executive powers like the NEA of 73, that every President has used since it was enacted. I suppose Hillary actually won and Robert Muellers investigation will actually provide evidence that Santa Claus is real. It must be cool to live in bizzaroland.

I will stick to my origional point. I think Trump will use this as a platform for reelection. I believe most Americans want order and security at the boarder. I believe that the Democrates are being played like a fiddle and public opinion will play heavily in Trumps favor for physical barriers (look at the overhelming statistical data for this thread, and this coming from people that were actually affected by the shutdown).

Amyway, TIME TO SLEEP!
Good night nutty Nancy Pelosi and crying Cuc Schumer, where ever you are (beach again)?

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

PhilJohn wrote:Yes, the republicans forced Pelosi and congressioal Democrates to enjoy the beach while Federal employees went without. Hey, whatever you need to tell yourself.
Sounds like whatever you need to tell yourself. Do you think Republicans didn't leave Washington for Christmas?

PhilJohn wrote: Just as Im sure you are right that Trump cant use executive powers like the NEA of 73, that every President has used since it was enacted. I suppose Hillary actually won and Robert Muellers investigation will actually provide evidence that Santa Claus is real. It must be cool to live in bizzaroland.
Are you going on a rant because you actually read someone of the laws or are you just to lazy to learn about the powers delegated to the Executive Branch from Congress?
PhilJohn wrote: Good night nutty Nancy Pelosi
The only person that cares where Nancy Pelosi is is Trump because she was handed Trumps man parts from Ann Coulter.
PhilJohn wrote:and crying Cuc Schumer, where ever you are (beach again)?
I'd be crying too. Tears from laughing so hard after Trump caved.

I mean, whatever you go to tell yourself for backing a loser. First real test against Democrats and it's a fail.

P.S. Going to bother to learn about your Government?

jlozano042

Post by jlozano042 »

I thought ..... no ... discussions here?

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

jlozano042 wrote:I thought ..... no ... discussions here?

Shutdowns over.

PhilJohn

Post by PhilJohn »

ArrieS wrote:
jlozano042 wrote:I thought ..... no ... discussions here?

Shutdowns over.

Caption reads, "Mr. President, why has President Trumps economy outperformed your administrations economic growth by such large margins?

BTW, where you surprised by the outcome of your own poll showing Federal employees overwhelmingly support the wall? I assume you hoped for a different outcome.

ArrieS

Post by ArrieS »

PhilJohn wrote: Caption reads, "Mr. President, why has President Trumps economy outperformed your administrations economic growth by such large margins?
'Because I fixed it for him after the last Republican President, duh.' -Barrack Obama
PhilJohn wrote:BTW, where you surprised by the outcome of your own poll showing Federal employees overwhelmingly support the wall? I assume you hoped for a different outcome.
No, because it's not a reliable survey. I was just curious but since I've taken classes in applied statistics I knew it isn't a reliable data set to base an opinion on. There was no way to account for bias, cheating, or any other errors.

'More than 70 percent of federal workers surveyed in a recent poll said they oppose the shutdown, while just 22 percent said they support it. Thirty percent of workers said they support Trump’s wall, though 35 percent of those that support it said it wasn’t worth shutting the government down over it.'

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/ ... wn-1086047

I take it you still haven't decided to be a responsible citizen and learn about your Government since you haven't got back to me on Trump and the National Emergency declaration.

IwantmyMTV

Post by IwantmyMTV »

ArrieS wrote:
PhilJohn wrote:BTW, where you surprised by the outcome of your own poll showing Federal employees overwhelmingly support the wall? I assume you hoped for a different outcome.
No, because it's not a reliable survey.
LOL. Typical Liberal response. If the numbers don't support your agenda, simply try to discredit them. Even if they're from your own poll. Had the poll went in your favor, you'd be screaming it from the highest mountain!

Man, you just can't make this stuff up. :lol:

Fund Prices2024-04-18

FundPriceDayYTD
G $18.19 0.01% 1.27%
F $18.62 -0.30% -3.14%
C $78.45 -0.21% 5.50%
S $76.12 -0.20% -1.27%
I $40.67 0.02% 1.21%
L2065 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2060 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2055 $15.58 -0.13% 3.04%
L2050 $31.35 -0.13% 2.44%
L2045 $14.32 -0.12% 2.35%
L2040 $52.37 -0.11% 2.29%
L2035 $13.85 -0.10% 2.21%
L2030 $46.21 -0.09% 2.15%
L2025 $12.93 -0.05% 1.72%
Linc $25.28 -0.04% 1.51%

Live Charts

Pending Allocations

Under development. For now, you may view Pending Allocations by going to "fantasy TSP" and selecting "Leaderboard sort" of "Pending Allocations".